+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Suze7982

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Alberta
Oh okay I was reading through comments the passed week and didn't see any new ones. And people are still wondering why they didn't get it yet
I suppose each case is different, like the PR apps...some are going through super quick. The waiting is awful though especially for those who still haven't got theirs approved yet, and frustrating when December applicants are being approved. I'm thankful I have mine now.

garbimba

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I would be careful because sometimes they wonder why you apply right after marriage. I've seen people post they got rejected because CIC thought the marriage was only for immigration. I think you'll be fine if you have a lot of evidence.

I know some people were engaged and waited to get married after
I don't think it matters. I had known my wife for only 2 years and we applied right after marriage, and the application was approved pretty quickly and is moving along well. As long as you can show the seriousness of the relationships, it doesn't matter if you apply right after marriage or not.

Reactions: NHLNFL

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I don't think it matters. I had known my wife for only 2 years and we applied right after marriage, and the application was approved pretty quickly and is moving along well. As long as you can show the seriousness of the relationships, it doesn't matter if you apply right after marriage or not.
Did you receive AIP, DM?

Jordannesmith

Oct 7, 2018
Different checklist; if you're applying for an OWP as well, you're supposed to submit a Statutory Declaration.
You guys are going to start freaking common law applicants out. OWP says to include statutory declaration of common law IF APPLICABLE. You are not applicable from just being common law. You are applicable if you have a co-signer, or you are sponsoring dependants. You can submit it either way, they may request it for your PR eventually, but it’s not mandatory.
I didn’t submit one and my work permit did not get sent back.

Reactions: CAN-AL2018

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Stop telling people information if you are not sure . See attached on form
https://imgur.com/a/pTLntdU
And this information is from the Imm5589e checklist form. you can verify yourself.
*OP asked for common law forms*
Dear Forum member,

I am so sorry if you find my participation annoying. My only intention is to help people. As someone who had her app returned several times, I wish no one else has to go through the same thing, because I know how devastating it can be. Now, the information I share here comes directly from CIC's website and/or the several Facebook support groups I am a member of. The people in those groups have proven to be more reliable than even the Immigration consultant I had last year.

Now, in my personal opinion, I prefer having too many docs and end up not needing them all, than being short on the checklist and having my entire app returned and having wasted time and money.

As to your command, it is with great pride that I must inform you that I do not follow orders from random people; so no, I will not do as you say. I do on the other hand, have a suggestion for you: just ignore my comments. As long as I am participating with useful information and most importantly interacting with the other members with the utmost respect, I don't see why I shall do your biding.

Have an awesome day and may you and your loved ones be well.

Last edited:

Lithiumwow

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Dear Forum member,

I am so sorry if you find my participation annoying. My only intention is to help people. As someone who had her app returned several times, I wish no one else has to go through the same thing, because I know how devastating it can be. Now, the information I share here comes directly from CIC's website and/or the several Facebook support groups I am a member of. The people in those groups have proved to be more reliable than even the Immigration consultant I had last year.

Now, in my personal opinion, I prefer having too many docs and end up not needing them all, than being short on the checklist and having my entire app returned and having wasted time and money.

As to your command, it is with great pride that I must inform you that I do not follow orders from random people, so no, I will not do as you say. I do on the other hand, have a suggestion for you: just ignore my comments. As long as I am participating with useful information and most importantly interacting with the other members with the utmost respect, I don't see why I shall do your biding.

Have an awesome day and may you and your loved ones be well.
My Apologies if that kind of sounded harsh from my end . I had 0 intention toward yourself or the OP regarding this. And in terms of application you are right Its better to send all forms even if they are non mandatory rather than getting audited and being requested to provide more documents.
Once again my sincere apologies if any of my response was improper .

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
My husband just received notification that his BGC started today!!!

His timeline is as follows:
PR/OWP appl. received: Nov 13, 2018
AOR received: Dec 29, 2018
MR requested: Jan 17, 2019
MR completed: Jan 21, 2019
OWP approved: Feb 22, 2019 (arrived: Feb 28)
BGC started: March 11/19
MR passed: Still waiting (he had a furtherance request for additional testing)

I’ve been checking a few times per day and am so glad to learn tonight that BGC is underway.

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
My husband just received notification that his BGC started today!!!

His timeline is as follows:
PR/OWP appl. received: Nov 13, 2018
AOR received: Dec 29, 2018
MR requested: Jan 17, 2019
MR completed: Jan 21, 2019
OWP approved: Feb 22, 2019 (arrived: Feb 28)
BGC started: March 11/19
MR passed: Still waiting (he had a furtherance request for additional testing)

I’ve been checking a few times per day and am so glad to learn tonight that BGC is underway.
Congrats! I'm hoping we'll get the same update this week.