+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Vivinguyen

Oct 23, 2015
I am having trouble linking my application to my account. I have tried more than 20 times and i'm not sure why it's not working. I've read and tried all sorts of tips, including leaving a space instead of the city of birth. When i do that, i'm bumped back for an incomplete field. I have listed 2 as the number of applicants. The location the applicant plans to live is our current city. What could i be doing wrong?
hmm, maybe you can consider these:
- the UCI number is the sponsored person's number, if I remember correctly, it's you who sponsors your husband? then you need to put HIS UCI number, not yours. Consequently, all the information entered there is HIS information, not yours.
- number of family member in this application: 2 if there's only you and your husband, if there are kids u need to add that up (for example: 1 kid --> family unit = 3). My husband sponsored me, it took me 2 weeks to be able to link my gckey because I kept putting 1 as number of family member in this application.
Hope this helps.

habraun

Jan 28, 2019
hmm, maybe you can consider these:
- the UCI number is the sponsored person's number, if I remember correctly, it's you who sponsors your husband? then you need to put HIS UCI number, not yours. Consequently, all the information entered there is HIS information, not yours.
- number of family member in this application: 2 if there's only you and your husband, if there are kids u need to add that up (for example: 1 kid --> family unit = 3). My husband sponsored me, it took me 2 weeks to be able to link my gckey because I kept putting 1 as number of family member in this application.
Hope this helps.
This is helpful - the AOR (sent to me, the sponsor) has an Application and UCI number. His request for a medical came and the application number is the same but the UCI is different. Per the number in the application, we do have 2 kids, but they are already canadian citizens. Still, should they be included in the number count?

Last edited:

Vivinguyen

Oct 23, 2015
This is helpful - the AOR (sent to me, the sponsor) has an Application and UCI number. Are those his numbers or mine? I have been entering his info, but maybe i do have the wrong number. We do have 2 kids, but they are already canadian citizens. Still, should they be included in the number count?
I'm pretty sure the UCI in that letter is your UCI. The UCI on the Medical request is his.
Now try again with his number, and try 2 as a family member first, if it doesnt work then try 4.

S2111S

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Dear All,

Received my MR this morning. I am a Nov 26 2018 applicant.

I am really nervous as I had a Heart Surgery (Aortic Valve Replacement ) 3 years back so am not sure how this will impact my Medical. I am healthy otherwise and leading a normal life. I am on Blood Thinners daily ( which are inexpensive drugs).

Has anybody been in a similar situation ? Could this be a reason for refusal of PR ? Shall I carry my old Mesical reports and a Medical Certificate from my Cardiologist stating my stable heart condition ?

Appreciate any inputs in this regard. Thanks in advance.

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Dear All,

I am really nervous as I had a Heart Surgery (Aortic Valve Replacement ) 3 years back so am not sure how this will impact my Medical. I am healthy otherwise and leading a normal life. I am on Blood Thinners daily ( which are inexpensive drugs).

Has anybody been in a similar situation ? Could this be a reason for refusal of PR ? Shall I carry my old Mesical reports and a Medical Certificate from my Cardiologist stating my stable heart condition ?

You should bring all of your prescriptions and any reports you have to your appointment. As an applicant under spousal sponsorship you're exempt from a lot of the medical restrictions, but they'll want to see all of that.

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
You should bring all of your prescriptions and any reports you have to your appointment. As an applicant under spousal sponsorship you're exempt from a lot of the medical restrictions, but they'll want to see all of that.
Here is a bit more information on that:

Exemptions from inadmissibility on grounds of excessive demand
As per paragraphs R24, R117(g) and R139(4), excessive demand determinations under A38(1)(c) do not apply to:

• spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner
  • a dependent child (including an adopted a child) of the sponsor, or of the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;
  • Convention Refugees;
  • protected persons.
Although such individuals must undertake a full immigration medical examination, they are not assessed for excessive demand.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/exam/medical-exemptions.html

S2111S

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Here is a bit more information on that:

As per paragraphs R24, R117(g) and R139(4), excessive demand determinations under A38(1)(c) do not apply to:

• a dependent child (including an adopted a child) of the sponsor, or of the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;
  • Convention Refugees;
  • protected persons.
Although such individuals must undertake a full immigration medical examination, they are not assessed for excessive demand.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/exam/medical-exemptions.html
Hi Deisand, thanks a lot for your response. I am grateful for your comments and the detailed information you sent in your 2nd reply. I will carry all my previous reports with me.

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Dear All,

Definitively yes! I have read other people`s cases where they are asked to provide certificates of health by their doctors, so you could cover yourself there!

S2111S

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Definitively yes! I have read other people`s cases where they are asked to provide certificates of health by their doctors, so you could cover yourself there!
Thank you Mili80 !

Any idea if IRCC will ask for additional tests ( like Echocardiography) or they will be OK with my 6 month old reports from my Doctor ? I am asking because I left my home country 6 months back to apply for Inland spousal sponsorship and my last Echo Tests were some before I landed in Canada.

Thanking all members of this forum for taking out your time to share their viewpoint.

Brooks202

Dec 3, 2018
Winnipeg MB
Thank you Mili80 !

Any idea if IRCC will ask for additional tests ( like Echocardiography) or they will be OK with my 6 month old reports from my Doctor ? I am asking because I left my home country 6 months back to apply for Inland spousal sponsorship and my last Echo Tests were some before I landed in Canada.

Thanking all members of this forum for taking out your time to share their viewpoint.
I can't say what the doctor may or may not accept or reject, but here's what happened to me: I have a serious chronic condition and a few less serious conditions. Because of some of these I had to have some extra blood tests (did my exam 1/22/19)--which increased the cost unexpectedly.

The doctor told me (actually came to find me in the blood lab on the other side of the building) that because of my health issues I would be graded "B". From what he told me you are graded "A" if you have no notable health conditions and graded "B" if you have health conditions. But that as long as these aren't communicable diseases or something that it was not a concern because my request form says "EDE" (Excessive Demand Exempt, as someone else has address above). The doctor said he does the same exam and same additional tests (if needed) for any immigration medical exam, even if you are "EDE".

So, it took 2 weeks to get medical passed, but that finally showed up in my account yesterday (2/5/19). Nothing really new with this story, but I was worried and didn't need to, so maybe hearing my experience will help you worry less (or at least worry less about passing, although extra cost on the medical could be an issue)

Reactions: mili80 and S2111S

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Thank you Mili80 !

Cannot tell you for sure!!! But as applicants under the Family Class, you are no exempt of the EDE policies.

Ra3

Jan 7, 2019
Cannot tell you for sure!!! But as applicants under the Family Class, you are no exempt of the EDE policies.

As per paragraphs R24, R117(g)and R139(4), excessive demand determinations under A38(1)(c) do not apply to:

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Update: just got MR this morning

App received - November 30, 2018
AOR - January 24, 2019
PR and OWP app linked - January 24, 2019
MR - February 6, 2019