+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Emj1993

Oct 24, 2018
Good afternoon

When do I start counting four months to receive OWP. Is it from when application was received or when I received AOR?

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hey all.
I am going to post my experience with visitor extension while applying for OWP and sponsorship.
It’s not necessary to apply for visitor extension as long as you send your sponsorship application + work permit before your visitor status expires. The open work permit will give you implied status.
HOWEVER:
It is smart to apply for a visitor extension if your status is going to expire before your work permit can get accepted (3-4 months). This is because if your application were to get sent back, the work permit gets put on hold and you are no longer on implied status. If your visitor visa had already expired and you are after your restoration date- you could be put in a tough situation.
This is unlikely but in case the application were to be sent back due to errors I had applied for an extension in October ( one month before i sent the sponsorship application) and it got approved beginning on January. - as long as you write the reason why you want an extension is to ensure you maintain legal status during the entire process of your application, you should be okay.
Thanks! Hope I helped.
True, but some people here already received their AOR so there's no chance of their file getting sent back and they still want to apply for visitor visa extension when they don't have to

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Thanks but he has a ten year multiple entry visa so I am sure it will be ok???
You can't be sure since it's not 100% guaranteed re-entry, it all depends on the CBSA officer that is going to interview him at the border. You should still wait for your AOR and OWP (it's better if he gets an offer for a job too) before leaving so he can represent all that at the port of entry, and if you guys left you shouldn't leave for longer than 10 days, the longer you leave the riskier it is.
It is risky anyways, so if you want to take the risk and try then go ahead

Last edited:
Reactions: YvonneP

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Hi,
I tried to add my info to the spreadsheet but it is locked. I requested for my authorization but have not been given it yet.

u_amy

Jan 15, 2019
@Huntstory @u_amy
Call CIC and ask why haven't you received your AOR yet as @Biny_1982 did
The calls dont go through because of a large call volume; thats what they say.
But I am wondering if anyone who had their applications received after Nov 22 has gotten the AOR? I read through the thread and from what I can see, people after that date are yet to receive their AOR

S2111S

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
But I am wondering if anyone who had their applications received after Nov 22 has gotten the AOR? I read through the thread and from what I can see, people after that date are yet to receive their AOR
26 Nov application recd. no AOR yet. I am wondering how come IRCC is processing 4 Jan applicants as mentioned by another member on this forum.

Doesn’t seem to be a great start !

u_amy

Jan 15, 2019
26 Nov application recd. no AOR yet. I am wondering how come IRCC is processing 4 Jan applicants as mentioned by another member on this forum.

Doesn’t seem to be a great start !
thanks for the reply, I am wondering the same also. it feels like the agent may have given a scripted answer.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Keep trying! and I heard that you can get a higher chance in the morning between 8-9 am.

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
thanks for the reply, I am wondering the same also. it feels like the agent may have given a scripted answer.
My details were definitely in the system as she didn't even want to know the receipt number and asked my other half who is the sponsor, if his email address was such and such etc.

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hii guys i have a question. As i am applying for pr under Common law sponsorship. I am also attaching OWP. Now theres this thing while paying fee there is different options.
Work permit (including extensions) – per person

$155.00
Work permit (including extensions) - group of performing artists (3 or more)

$465.00
Open work permit holder

$100.00

I have Post graduation work permit with me and it is valid till july 2019.

I am confused about which one i have to select.
Please help

Ra3

Jan 7, 2019
Hii guys i have a question. As i am applying for pr under Common law sponsorship. I am also attaching OWP. Now theres this thing while paying fee there is different options.
Work permit (including extensions) – per person

$155.00
Work permit (including extensions) - group of performing artists (3 or more)

$465.00
Open work permit holder

$100.00

I have Post graduation work permit with me and it is valid till july 2019.

I am confused about which one i have to select.
Please help
Work permit and open work permit holder fee. So 155 + 100 = $255