+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I have a question, when we get the number for the application and call ircc number
Then enquire about the application using the system information I mean application number and year of birth (without talking to an agent)

Computer tells me the latest update is "your application has been received on dd/mm/2018"

In case they send the application back what will be the status the computer say ?
I read somewhere on the form that it disappears as if it was never submitted because they remove the application details from their system when they return it back to you

Monabil

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
I read somewhere on the form that it disappears as if it was never submitted because they remove the application details from their system when they return it back to you
No, I don't think so, cause I had one application withdrawn three months ago before they start processing it at all and i'm still able to link it and when I insert it's number in the phone system it tells me only the day it was received like normal applications even though I withdrew it and I received it back LOL, but in ecas shows withdrawn, and gckey linking and nothing about it.

And second application returned when I called they told me they it was received and returned but unfortunately I sodonhave the number for this second application.
It would be great if someone knew his application number and it was returned maybe he can check with the phone system, if it says it is returned or disappears, this way all people will know that the application is being returned

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
No, I don't think so, cause I had one application withdrawn three months ago before they start processing it at all and i'm still able to link it and when I insert it's number in the phone system it tells me only the day it was received like normal applications even though I withdrew it and I received it back LOL, but in ecas shows withdrawn, and gckey linking and nothing about it.

And second application returned when I called they told me they it was received and returned but unfortunately I sodonhave the number for this second application.
It would be great if someone knew his application number and it was returned maybe he can check with the phone system, if it says it is returned or disappears, this way all people will know that the application is being returned
Yeah that makes more sense

marecpovoda

Aug 26, 2016
Good afternoon!

So I'm creating the spreadsheet for our group. Would all November applicants please "reply" to this post by copying and pasting this post in with your new one and include the following info...
PA's home country
App sent
App rec'd
AOR1
PR app linked
OWP app incl
OWP linked
Any other known update on your file

Thank you!
PA's home country: Hungary
App sent: November 18th
App rec'd: December 10th
AOR1: still waiting
PR app linked - not yet
OWP app incl - yes
OWP linked - not yet

YvonneP

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hi everyone, applied for extension for visa on October 25th and FINALLY received notice today to get medical. PR and OWP applied for on November 28th but nothing yet

Should we do the medical or just wait for OWP?

We really want to leave Canada for March break without trouble coming back in.

I'm Canadian, husband is South African.

Anyone have any suggestions?

taj1234

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Hi guys,

Maybe this information can help u out, if someone have similar case like me, I am completing my 6 months for the visitor Visa on February 21, I was confused that I might need to leave the country or apply for the extension, so I called Cic in the moning today, they told us if you already applied for the OWP with the PR file you DNT need to apply for extension or country out. You can stay till you get decision on OWP application.

& The total processing time for spousal work permit is 4 months.

Huntstory

Oct 30, 2018
Hi guys,

Maybe this information can help u out, if someone have similar case like me, I am completing my 6 months for the visitor Visa on February 21, I was confused that I might need to leave the country or apply for the extension, so I called Cic in the moning today, they told us if you already applied for the OWP with the PR file you DNT need to apply for extension or country out. You can stay till you get decision on OWP application.

& The total processing time for spousal work permit is 4 months.
Yes it’s true if you have AOR or if you will receive one before your current status expires otherwise you will have to apply for extension for your stay as a visitor

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi everyone, applied for extension for visa on October 25th and FINALLY received notice today to get medical. PR and OWP applied for on November 28th but nothing yet

Should we do the medical or just wait for OWP?

We really want to leave Canada for March break without trouble coming back in.

I'm Canadian, husband is South African.

Anyone have any suggestions?
You should do your medicals, anything they request you send.

However, visitor extension and open work permit doesn't allow re-entry.
It'll state on the documents in big letters "THIS DOCUMENT DOESN'T ALLOW RE-ENTRY"

He's from South Africa so he's not visa exempted and that makes it very risky, he needs to apply for a new visitor visa from Canada or abroad and 90% it'll get rejected because they know he has a spouse in Canada and even if it got accepted it's still risky and up to the CBSA officer to allow re-entry at the border.
Re-entry mostly works with people who are visa exempted, it's very much easier for them.
For Inland applicants, CIC advices all applicants to stay in Canada during the whole process, and if an applicant left shouldn't stay away for long (one week is best)
I advice not to leave for any reason whatsoever even if he was lucky and got granted visitor visa again because if your husband wasn't allowed re-entry for any reason then your Inland application gets jeopardized.
I wouldn't risk it

Last edited:

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
After catching up, I am gonna share my experiences:

APP FOUND ON ECAS BUT LATER DELETED...That happened to us in July 2018. We applied in June and soon after I could find my app and even had a file number (no X anywhere). However, after weeks of trying to link it, one day it simply went away...! My worst fear had become true, our app had been returned (for the third time!!!).
EXTENSION OF STAY (in CIC terms VISITOR RECORD): For the past years, I had been leaving and entering Canada (at least 5 times). Last time, it was the first time since I had gotten married to my Canadian-born husband. That was May 2018 and the border officer was not certain of allowing me in since we hadn't applied yet (had sent them twice by then) and had them returned same number of times). Anyways, in the end he allowed me back in not without insisting on me applying for the extension of the stay instead of leaving and re entering.
Now, if you have not received AOR yet, I do strongly suggest you apply for the VR of your status is about to expire.

Also, the status is NOT the same as the visa. They are two whole different things . The first one, TRV, allows you to present to any port of entry and request to be let into Canadian territory. Whereas the second, it allows and stipulates the conditions and length of your stay. It is highly recommended to always maintain a valid status, so if you have not received AOR yet and your status is about to expire, by all means do request a visitor record (extension of stay) .

Also, those coming from non-exempt countries, keep in mind that until ylu get your PR, you will still need a valid TRV to enter Canada.

When it comes to traveling while PR still being processed, even though it is not guaranteed, holding an OWP and also having a job. helps you prove to the border officers that you a) have a valid reason to enter Canada and b) will not be a burden since you are employed. Do note that it is not 100% certain... By law, only PR holders and Canadian citizens are always allowed entry, the rest it is left to the officers discretion.

Last edited:

Katykaty28

Jan 9, 2019
I just have read what everyone else is saying about visitor extension when you apply for PR and OWP. I applied for visitor extension before applying for PR and received on Nov 1st and now I have AOR but no answer for the extension. Does that mean I should just cancel the visitor extension now since they are processing my PR and OWP applications ?

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
After catching up, I am gonna share my experiences:

APP FOUND ON ECAS BUT LATER DELETED...That happened to us in July 2018. We applied in June and soon after I could find my app and even had a file number (no X anywhere). However, after weeks of trying to link it, one day it simply went away...! My worst fear had become true, our app had been returned (for the third time!!!).
Yeah and another member on the form faced the same, I guess it depends from one case to another.
EXTENSION OF STAY (in CIC terms VISITOR RECORD): For the past years, I had been leaving and entering Canada (at least 5 times). Last time, it was the first time since I had gotten married to my Canadian-born husband. That was May 2018 and the border officer was not certain of allowing me in since we hadn't applied yet (had sent them twice by then) and had them returned same number of times). Anyways, in the end he allowed me back in not without insisting on me applying for the extension of the stay instead of leaving and re entering.
Now, if you have not received AOR yet, I do strongly suggest you apply for the VR of your status is about to expire.

Also, the status is NOT the same as the visa. They are two whole different things . The first one, TRV, allows you to present to any port of entry and request to be let into Canadian territory. Whereas the second, it allows and stipulates the conditions and length of your stay. It is highly recommended to always maintain a valid status, so if you have not received AOR yet and your status is about to expire, by all means do request a visitor record (extension of stay) .

Also, those coming from non-exempt countries, keep in mind that until ylu get your PR, you will still need a valid TRV to enter Canada.

When it comes to traveling while PR still being processed, even though it is not guaranteed, holding an OWP and also having a job. helps you prove to the border officers that you a) have a valid reason to enter Canada and b) will not be a burden since you are employed. Do note that it is not 100% certain... By law, only PR holders and Canadian citizens are always allowed entry, the rest it is left to the officers discretion.
Even with OWP and a job they still need to represent TRV, its a requirement