+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

catfoodie

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
Does anyone know whether longer times to get AOR would affect receiving OWP in 4 months? So if I applied in the end of November, will I still get it in March or later (assuming app is all correct)?

Naishard

Jun 3, 2018
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
26-11-2018
Med's Request
16-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
PA's home country - India
App sent - Nov 1st
App rec'd - Nov 7th
AOR1 - Nov 28th
PR app linked- yes
OWP app incl - yes
OWP linked - not yet

Reactions: suga

Naishard

Jun 3, 2018
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
26-11-2018
Med's Request
16-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hello,

How long it takes to get OWP applied with PR inland application ( spouse application ) ? Application received on Nov 7th. Got AOR on Nov 28. On which date's application is CIC working currently for OWP? I heard that it takes 2-3 months. But I feels like it will take more time.

I have second question. My wife is on visitor visa currently. Her visitor visa will expired on Feb 19. I has applied for visitor visa extension. But I have read previous conversation stating that many visitor visa extension application has denied. Moreover, processing time for visitor visa extension on CIC website is 110 days.

Please advise...
Thank you.

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Yeah explain it to them the same way you explained it to us that he never got the chance to meet them as he only spent few days in India when he was visiting you in cities away from your family
Did your parents write a support letter? If not they can write one and state that they know about your common law relationship with him and they accept it and they want to meet him in the near future and so on.. that would help
Okie would do that. Thank you so much.

And i have another question, one of my friend is also applying for common law sponsorship but in his case his family does not know about their relationship. And he doesn’t want to tell about his relationship to his family yet because of the reason that his family doesn’t approve living together or dating before marriage. And if his family gets to know about his relationship they will pressurise him to get married but he and his partner doesn’t want to marry for another 1 or 2 years.

So he is worried if this in any case gonna affect his common law sponsorship application.

Can you please suggest what could be done in his case?

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Does anyone know whether longer times to get AOR would affect receiving OWP in 4 months? So if I applied in the end of November, will I still get it in March or later (assuming app is all correct)?
I don't think that affects OWP processing time.
Work permits are usually taking 3-4 months. Very small number of applicants got lucky and received their OWP in 2 months and it seems they are being slow with November applicants as it seems the number of people who applied in November are more than the ones who applied in September and October.

If you got your AOR and your OWP took longer than 4 months you should contact CIC as it would have of exceeded the normal processing times.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hello,

How long it takes to get OWP applied with PR inland application ( spouse application ) ? Application received on Nov 7th. Got AOR on Nov 28. On which date's application is CIC working currently for OWP? I heard that it takes 2-3 months. But I feels like it will take more time.

I have second question. My wife is on visitor visa currently. Her visitor visa will expired on Feb 19. I has applied for visitor visa extension. But I have read previous conversation stating that many visitor visa extension application has denied. Moreover, processing time for visitor visa extension on CIC website is 110 days.

Please advise...
Thank you.
Its usually taking 3-4 months for OWP that's the normal processing times. If it exceeds 4 months you should contact CIC.

For visitor visa, that was discussed before with another november applicant.
You shouldn't have of applied for visitor visa extension, applying for OWP gives her implied status after her visitor visa expires. She would probably get her OWP before she hears anything back about her visitor visa extension.
You should have of called CIC before you submitted the extension, but I think you can still cancel it. Call them tomorrow and they would tell you how to cancel it.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Okie would do that. Thank you so much.

And i have another question, one of my friend is also applying for common law sponsorship but in his case his family does not know about their relationship. And he doesn’t want to tell about his relationship to his family yet because of the reason that his family doesn’t approve living together or dating before marriage. And if his family gets to know about his relationship they will pressurise him to get married but he and his partner doesn’t want to marry for another 1 or 2 years.

So he is worried if this in any case gonna affect his common law sponsorship application.

Can you please suggest what could be done in his case?
Parents not knowing about the relationship is a concern to CIC. However, there's lots of people who their parents do not know or do not approve their relationship. Your friend should have lots of proof to prove his relationship is genuine. Provide letters from his common law partner's family side, from friends too, lots of pictures..

I'm assuming that common law relationships aren't common in india right?

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Parents not knowing about the relationship is a concern to CIC. However, there's lots of people who their parents do not know or do not approve their relationship. Your friend should have lots of proof to prove his relationship is genuine. Provide letters from his common law partner's family side, from friends too, lots of pictures..

I'm assuming that common law relationships aren't common in india right?
As a matter of fact there is nothing like commin law relationships in india. It’s forbidden to live together without marrying.
His relationship is genuine and he is also attaching pictures with his partner’s family side and also letters from friends.
Would that be fine.
Does he need to provide any letter of explanation stating his parents doesn’t know about his relationship or its better to not tell anything beforehand and tell only when asked.

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
As a matter of fact there is nothing like commin law relationships in india. It’s forbidden to live together without marrying.
His relationship is genuine and he is also attaching pictures with his partner’s family side and also letters from friends.
Would that be fine.
Does he need to provide any letter of explanation stating his parents doesn’t know about his relationship or its better to not tell anything beforehand and tell only when asked.
*Only if asked

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
That's a concern too, everything you do that is out of normal or traditions in your home country is a red flag to CIC.

Would that be fine.
Does he need to provide any letter of explanation stating his parents doesn’t know about his relationship or its better to not tell anything beforehand and tell only when asked.[/QUOTE]

I would like to help I just do not know what's best to do in this situation, so what I advice is that your friend reaches out to a senior member here in the form or reach an experienced consultant or lawyer that would be able to assist him better in his concerns and knows about the Indian culture, he doesn't have to apply with a consultant or lawyer, he can just ask what he must do to set his mind at ease.

Last edited:

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
That's a concern too, everything you do that is out of normal or traditions in your home country is a red flag to CIC.

Would that be fine.
I would like to help I just do not know what's best to do in this situation, so what I advice is that your friend reaches out to a senior memeber here in the form or reach an experienced consultant or lawyer that would be able to assist him better in his concerns and knows about the Indian culture, he doesn't have to apply with a consultant or lawyer, he can just ask what he must do to set his mind at ease.[/QUOTE]

Okie thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate your help.

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I would like to help I just do not know what's best to do in this situation, so what I advice is that your friend reaches out to a senior memeber here in the form or reach an experienced consultant or lawyer that would be able to assist him better in his concerns and knows about the Indian culture, he doesn't have to apply with a consultant or lawyer, he can just ask what he must do to set his mind at ease.
Okie thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate your help.[/QUOTE]

You are welcome :)

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Hello,

Please advise...
Thank you.
When did you apply for her extension? I applied for my extension on Oct 13 and was granted the VR (visitor record also known as the extension) on Jan 9, just when I was going to cancel it... so if she applied around mid Oct and you want to cancel it, hurry up!

Naishard

Jun 3, 2018
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
26-11-2018
Med's Request
16-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
When did you apply for her extension? I applied for my extension on Oct 13 and was granted the VR (visitor record also known as the extension) on Jan 9, just when I was going to cancel it... so if she applied around mid Oct and you want to cancel it, hurry up!
I did not applied yet... I will apply in 2-3 days...

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hello,

Please advise...
Thank you.
You said here that you have applied for visitor extension....

I did not applied yet... I will apply in 2-3 days...
And now you are saying that you haven't applied yet and you will apply...

That's so confusing...