+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Lime06

Jan 10, 2019
Nov. 28 applicant here too and nada!
I spoke with them on Wednesday and they were at Dec 21 application.
She asked me when did I submit, I told her in November so she check file.she said that my application was in a preliminary file

kasali99

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hi guys, my application was recieved on the 20th of Nov. I am yet to receive my AOR but i have been able to link my application and OWP online using my UCI number and family name. I had my UCI number from previous application.

Ra3

Jan 7, 2019
I spoke with them on Wednesday and they were at Dec 21 application.
She asked me when did I submit, I told her in November so she check file.she said that my application was in a preliminary file
Really?? From what I've seen on this forum and the Facebook group nobody has received AOR past Nov 23rd... (Mine was received Nov 29 and nothing yet)

catfoodie

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
Really?? From what I've seen on this forum and the Facebook group nobody has received AOR past Nov 23rd... (Mine was received Nov 29 and nothing yet)
That's what I read too.... No one received AOR past Nov 23, I find it hard to believe that they are on Dec 21 applications if no one posted any updates... Even people who sent application in the beginning of December...

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Edit: When I say proof of funds I don't mean the fee. I made sure we paid the correct amount of 255$.
I mean financial support.
@Jordannesmith
It's a very rare situation where an open work permit would be refused under spousal/common law sponsorship category.
But, did you send proofs in your sponsorship application that you can support your partner financially because if you didn't then you should be worried about your sponsorship application
Did you submit any: letter of employment with your sponsorship application? Or bank statements showing some savings? Or letters from family stating they support you both financially?
***If you have low income or have small savings and you are worried about it then don't, you are fine since there's no minimum income requirements for sponsoring spouse/common law partners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jordannesmith

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hii anyone there who can help me out.... I’m confused about a question.

In form IMM5332.. sponsorship evaluation form
There’s a question part c question 7
Do your close friends family amd children know about your relationship ?
Yes no
If no explain why not

If yes give details
Family name /Given name /Are they related to sponsor or principal applicant /Relationship to sponsor or PA /date they met sponsor or PA

I’m confused here because our friends and family know about our relationship but problem is Sponsor has been living in canada from last 7 year and only been to india twice and my parents (PA’s) family lives in India. So he never got to meet them.

Therefore i can provide their details in the form. Because then the date they met will be missing.
Is it ok to not give their details. And list all those people who have met him. Like my friends.
Did your partner meet any other family members you have in person (sister, brother)? Did you meet your partner's family members?
You still need to explain why the sponsor haven't met your parents in person and the circumstances since you two don't have any pictures with them.

Last edited:

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Did your partner meet any other family members you have in person (sister, brother)? Did you meet your partner's family members?
You still need to explain why the sponsor haven't met your parents in person and the circumstances since you two don't have any pictures with them.
I have met my partners mother in person. And after coming to canada i have met his brother and sister too. We also have pics with them. Its just my partner doesn’t have pics with my family because my whole family is in India and he never got to meet them as he is in canada from last 7 years and only been to India twice that too for few days. He never got chance to meet my family.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I have met my partners mother in person. And after coming to canada i have met his brother and sister too. We also have pics with them. Its just my partner doesn’t have pics with my family because my whole family is in India and he never got to meet them as he is in canada from last 7 years and only been to India twice that too for few days. He never got chance to meet my family.
When he visited india, you were with him?