+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Jordannesmith

Oct 7, 2018
Hey guys!
For some reason I have been getting nervous about the spousal open work permit application.. perhaps because I haven't been able to link it.
Anyways, did any of you include proof of funds in the application? I've been doing research on the SOWP and many people have been refused due to lack of funds, however I don't recall if I included it, or if it was even asked in the checklist.
Im nervous :(

Jordannesmith

Oct 7, 2018
Hey guys!
For some reason I have been getting nervous about the spousal open work permit application.. perhaps because I haven't been able to link it.
Anyways, did any of you include proof of funds in the application? I've been doing research on the SOWP and many people have been refused due to lack of funds, however I don't recall if I included it, or if it was even asked in the checklist.
Edit: When I say proof of funds I don't mean the fee. I made sure we paid the correct amount of 255$.
I mean financial support.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hmm I just needed to show them my marriage certificate and say I am needing it for immigration at the Japanese consulate since it takes 2-3 months for us to get it I had to apply a long before.

Thanks for your information. I couldn’t find any information about that on CIC either so I really appreciate telling me your example. If it should be less than 3 months it’s really hard. But I will make sure calling them tomorrow morning. Thanks a lot !!
You are welcome :), do not worry about it, you should be fine anyways, if you sent them the police certificate they won't reject it, they'll accept it and when it expires if they needed a new one they'll request

Reactions: Katykaty28

Ra3

Jan 7, 2019
Hey guys!
Applying for the OWP as a spousal PR applicant is not the same as SOWP. If you look on the website proof of funds is listed as a requirement for the SOWP but is not listed as part of the application package here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html

Jordannesmith

Oct 7, 2018
Applying for the OWP as a spousal PR applicant is not the same as SOWP. If you look on the website proof of funds is listed as a requirement for the SOWP but is not listed as part of the application package here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html
Thank you so much for the help. I seem to stress out for no reasons anticipating the results :rolleyes: Seems we included everything afterall.
Goodluck to everyone :)

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
From them receiving the application until they sent it back approx 26 days
Bearing in mind though that October applications were processed really quickly compared to November applications. Going on the info on here and fb group I reckon they must be at November 24th applications about now so hopefully we receive news in the next few days.

Reactions: suga

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
Good afternoon!

So I'm creating the spreadsheet for our group. Would all November applicants please "reply" to this post by copying and pasting this post in with your new one and include the following info...
PA's home country
App sent
App rec'd
AOR1
PR app linked
OWP app incl
OWP linked
Any other known update on your file

Thank you!

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
Good afternoon!

So I'm creating the spreadsheet for our group. Would all November applicants please "reply" to this post by copying and pasting this post in with your new one and include the following info...
PA's home country
App sent
App rec'd
AOR1
PR app linked
OWP app incl
OWP linked

Thank you!
PA's home country - Germany
App sent - oct 31st, returned nov 27th, re-sent to CIC nov 29th
App rec'd - dec 1st
AOR1 - not yet
PR app linked- not yet
OWP app incl - yes
OWP linked - not yet

S2111S

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Good afternoon!

PA's home country
App sent
App rec'd
AOR1
PR app linked
OWP app incl
OWP linked

Thank you!
Hi Suga,

Here goes my details -

PAs home country : India
Application sent : 23 November 2018
Application recd : 26 November 2018
AOR : Awaiting
PR application Linked : Not yet
OWP application incl : Yes, with PR application
OWP linked : Not yet

Thanks for your efforts.

Regards
S

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
PA's home country - Germany
App sent - oct 31st, returned nov 27th, re-sent to CIC nov 29th
App rec'd - dec 1st
AOR1 - not yet
PR app linked- not yet
OWP app incl - yes
OWP linked - not yet
Hi Suga,

Here goes my details -

PAs home country : India
Application sent : 23 November 2018
Application recd : 26 November 2018

Thanks for your efforts.

Regards
S

Ok you both have been added. Let me know if my link works please..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VtGr1EdcYv9rrGncaSQJuI7txUoR4Y5CE_IF2_wEgyg/edit?usp=drivesdk

Jordannesmith

Oct 7, 2018
Good afternoon!

PA's home country
App sent
App rec'd
AOR1
PR app linked
OWP app incl
OWP linked

Thank you!
Hey! Here is our information
PA's home country- United States of America
App sent- November 19th 2018
App rec'd - November 22nd 2018
AOR1 - January 5th 2019
PR app linked - January 5th 2019
OWP app incl- Yes
OWP linked- Not yet (still not found in system)
Thank you :)

Monabil

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
PAs home country : egyEg

1st time
Application sent : 9 November 2018
Application returned : 26 November 2018

Sent back 2nd time:
Application received : 29th nov 2018

rajesh_canada

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
When your app got returned did they just use regular Canada Post to send it back? Or one of the couriers like UPS or Purolator?

Beginning to wonder if our app is going to be sent back. We realized too late that we made some errors and app was received Nov 22...a bit long to have not gotten AOR yet.
its came threw Canada post , I send back i guess this time work out