+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

ginko

May 1, 2017
Just received my landing interview at the London office for June 11th! However I'm a little worried over one of the requirements:

You must attend the interview with the following:
Proof of income for yourself and your sponsor/spouse. Proof includes recent paystubs, employment letter.

I am currently not working and my partner quit his job to focus on college. At the time we sent the application he was working though and we submitted his paystubs/an employment letter. Will this be cause for concern at the interview?

INR2CAD07

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application received date Nov 9th 2018.
Eligibility review started on 31st May 2019.

Hopefully will receive DM soon..

sammydeexo123

May 21, 2019
Just received my landing interview at the London office for June 11th! However I'm a little worried over one of the requirements:

Proof of income for yourself and your sponsor/spouse. Proof includes recent paystubs, employment letter.

I am currently not working and my partner quit his job to focus on college. At the time we sent the application he was working though and we submitted his paystubs/an employment letter. Will this be cause for concern at the interview?

Hmm, kind of tricky. I would explain to them the situation when you get there because obviously if your partner quit his job to focus college then there is no income.

Reactions: ginko

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Congratulations to everyone getting updates and finishing the process!

We unfortunately had to submit a letter and supporting proof explaining why we couldn't get one police certificate requested after AIP (for an 8-month stay 9 years ago!), but were also given an extension to get a second one from another country, so they probably won't be looking at our file until the end of June when the second certificate is now due. I have no idea if they'll accept the explanation, so we have to wait patiently and hope for the best.

I just really hope we won't have to reapply when this stay is over 10 years ago and won't have to be listed. :oops::oops:

Lithiumwow

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019

Can you share how your letter look like.
Thanks

ginko

May 1, 2017
Can you share how your letter look like.
Thanks
Dear *full name*,

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:

DATE: June 11th, 2019 TIME: 12:45pm Location: 417 Exeter Rd, London, ON

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passport at the landing interview.

v Your own interpreter, if required

v All of your in Canada dependants that are included on this application

v Your sponsor if you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal Class. Sponsor must bring photo ID

v If you were sponsored as a spouse, please ensure that you bring with you your original marriage certificate that was submitted at time of your application for permanent residence.

v Proof of income for yourself and your sponsor/spouse. Proof includes recent paystubs, employment letter.

v If currently receiving Social Assistance, provide proof of financial benefits

v All Immigration documents, current and expired that are in your possession

v Two (2) photos for each person on this application taken within the last six (6) months - see enclosed appendix for specifications (only for clients who are becoming Permanent Residents).

v Proof you have paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee ($490) (if applicable) *For each adult *.

Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed. For any questions you may contact the Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

ginko

May 1, 2017
Hmm, kind of tricky. I would explain to them the situation when you get there because obviously if your partner quit his job to focus college then there is no income.
Thanks for your reply- Did your landing interview have Proof of Income as a requirement as well? Just wondering if this is standard or not :/

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Thanks for your reply- Did your landing interview have Proof of Income as a requirement as well? Just wondering if this is standard or not :/
No it's only London IRCC that asks for proof of income, that's what I noticed

Last edited:
Reactions: ginko