+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Same here
Did you try calling them?
I got AIP(I knew when I called them) they didn't send me the AIP letter too until I called them again and asked for it because I needed it to apply for a health card
Automated phone service still says they are reviewing whether I meet the eligibility requirements lol

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Did you try calling them?
I got AIP(I knew when I called them) they didn't send me the AIP letter too until I called them again and asked for it because I needed it to apply for a health card
Automated phone service still says they are reviewing whether I meet the eligibility requirements lol

I am working but not full time (34.9 hours a week) and at a school, so even if I have been working for more than 3 months, I was not eligible for RAMP.. Then, my son needs to start his superiour studies and we need the AIP so he can get enrolled and get to study.
Also, we need to be able to start the francisation. God knows I can speak French already, but I def need to improve a lot more. He (my son) needs to learn from zero!

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I am working but not full time (34.9 hours a week) and at a school, so even if I have been working for more than 3 months, I was not eligible for RAMP.. Then, my son needs to start his superiour studies and we need the AIP so he can get enrolled and get to study.
Also, we need to be able to start the francisation. God knows I can speak French already, but I def need to improve a lot more. He (my son) needs to learn from zero!
I feel you, I hope you hear good news soon, you guys should hear updates on your file before the 1 year mark

Chuckus

Jan 12, 2019
I'm landing in Winnipeg.

App received: Nov 27, 2018
AOR: Jan 17, 2019
MR: Feb 5, 2019
Medical done: Feb 11, 2019
Medical passed: Feb 19, 2019
OWP approved: Feb 26, 2019
OWP received: Mar 1, 2019
BGC started: Sometime Mar 2019
Review of Eligibility: May 27, 2019
DM both sides: May 29, 2019 (never got emails or MyCIC updates)
Were you inland or Outland app?

Chuckus

Jan 12, 2019
November 8 2018 received my Inland Application
January 25 2019 Medical request
January 29 Medical done
May 10 SA DM both sides
May 16 AIP
May 21 Landing Appointment letter from Ottawa
Scheduled on May 29, 2019

Had interview, they asked for all IRCC documents, proof of residence, proof of payment, and they asked me if I ever committed a crime, when did I entered the country and from where, they asked if my sponsor agreed to sponsor me for 3 years, and they welcomed me to Canada!
Got the temporary paperwork and they will mailing the card between 3 to 6 weeks... it took us around a total of 5 min, the appointment was at 1 for everybody but we went around 12.30 so we were second... OTTAWA.
Did you and your spouse both go? Or just you.

Gabe2019V

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hi everyone! I'm a bit confused about the steps of the final approval. We've got this:
1. Elibility passed for PA
2. Decision made for Sponsor on ecas

Now on ecas at PA is still in process, isn't it supposed to be DM as well?

Thanks!

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm a bit confused about the steps of the final approval. We've got this:
1. Elibility passed for PA
2. Decision made for Sponsor on ecas

Now on ecas at PA is still in process, isn't it supposed to be DM as well?

Thanks!
No, it isn't supposed to be DM as well
DM on sponsor side means they made a decision on the sponsor
DM on PA side means they made a decision on the PR application
If the PA side still shows in process then that means they are still doing background checks on the PA and it's not done yet
Once that is done then you'll get the DM on PA side
You still have to wait because the process isn't done yet, I'm in the same situation, been 2 weeks since DM on Sponsor side

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
No, it isn't supposed to be DM as well
DM on sponsor side means they made a decision on the sponsor
DM on PA side means they made a decision on the PR application
If the PA side still shows in process then that means they are still doing background checks on the PA and it's not done yet
Once that is done then you'll get the DM on PA side
You still have to wait because the process isn't done yet, I'm in the same situation, been 2 weeks since DM on Sponsor side
We are in the same situation. I (sponsor) got DM on my side on May 10th, and my husband (PA) also received AIP on that day. It’s now been three weeks and we have heard nothing since then. There seems to be a lot of us right at this very stage. We are in Vancouver office jurisdiction~ is this the case with others waiting for DM for PA?

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
We are in the same situation. I (sponsor) got DM on my side on May 10th, and my husband (PA) also received AIP on that day. It’s now been three weeks and we have heard nothing since then. There seems to be a lot of us right at this very stage. We are in Vancouver office jurisdiction~ is this the case with others waiting for DM for PA?
Also in the same situation, but Etobicoke office.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
No not really, I'm in Ontario.
It's about the background check,
When did the background check start for PA?