+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

sammydeexo123

May 21, 2019
Congrats! When did you receive DM on PA's side?

I got DM for sponsor on May 25 and then DM for PA on May 29th and still waiting for interview at Etobicoke.

On ECAS DM change on PA's side for May18 but got DM letter for May24 and then got landing interview for June03. You will hear something soon !

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Just received my landing interview at the London office for June 11th! However I'm a little worried over one of the requirements:

You must attend the interview with the following:
Proof of income for yourself and your sponsor/spouse. Proof includes recent paystubs, employment letter.

I am currently not working and my partner quit his job to focus on college. At the time we sent the application he was working though and we submitted his paystubs/an employment letter. Will this be cause for concern at the interview?
How are you guys supporting yourselves financially then? Thats what IRCC wants to know

ginko

May 1, 2017
How are you guys supporting yourselves financially then? Thats what IRCC wants to know
Savings from my partner's job and an inheritance I received. Do you think bank account statements of our savings, my partner's latest tax returns/paystubs and a letter of financial support from his parents would be sufficient? We submitted all this originally but I don't know what else I could take. It was my understanding that there is no income requirement for common-law sponsorship so I'm worried

Lithiumwow

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Can you have issues at this late stage when I have landing letter just waiting for landing interview but really nervous as i never received SA but just DM on both sides.

sammydeexo123

May 21, 2019
Savings from my partner's job and an inheritance I received. Do you think bank account statements of our savings, my partner's latest tax returns/paystubs and a letter of financial support from his parents would be sufficient? We submitted all this originally but I don't know what else I could take. It was my understanding that there is no income requirement for common-law sponsorship so I'm worried

Yeah there is no income requirement however, I am pretty sure your sponsor has to have an income IF that makes sense. I could be wrong but they wouldn't ask for proof of income if it didn't matter if you know what I mean. I guess they ask for proof of income to make sure that your sponsor can basically provide for you.

ginko

May 1, 2017
Yeah there is no income requirement however, I am pretty sure your sponsor has to have an income IF that makes sense. I could be wrong but they wouldn't ask for proof of income if it didn't matter if you know what I mean. I guess they ask for proof of income to make sure that your sponsor can basically provide for you.
He did have an income when we applied but quit his job later on. IRCC said this was fine and he received Sponsor Approval so I'm not sure if I'm worrying for nothing or not :( Guess I'll find out in a week

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
You can take those again and show them that that's how you guys are going to support yourselves right now (and if you want you can tell them about your future plans if you guys have any like for example: the sponsor is going to look for a job or you are going to look for a job etc...)

Reactions: ginko