+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
It actually requires a signature. If u go back to the checklist under 9. Schedule A it says

A) type their name in the signature box at the bottom. Which u did.
B) Validate the form
C) print out the the validated form
D) sign in writing (I.e. provide a handwritten signature) next to the typewritten name in the signature box.
Can you please include a link where it says this information>?

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hey everyone! Our application was returned today as well due to a missing signature on the form Schedule A (IMM 5669)... On the last page of this form above the signature area, it reads "I agree that by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application" and so we did, I typed my full name there.

We will call CIC tomorrow morning to understand why the application has been returned when we have followed the form instructions... It doesn´t seem fair that we are now back on step 1 when we did excatly what the form requested.

Has this happened to anyone else before?

App Sent: November 06, 2018
App Received: November 07, 2018
any updates?

Reactions: greathl

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
I got a package notification yesterday and because I wasn't expecting anything in the mail, I convinced myself it was my package being sent back. I've been kicking myself about it all day, and it turned out to be a Sephora package my dearest ordered under my account.

PHEW.

Back to refreshing my inbox.
haha thank you for the comedic relief :p :p

Sasazhao

Dec 7, 2018
Got my AOR this morning Dec 14, exactly one month plus one day after they received!
Linked my application with one try! Easier than I thought!
But how do I link the OWP?
Or is it necessary to link the owp?
How long does it take to get owp now?
Looks like AOR process time is around one month.
Hope every Nov classmates get it before Christmas!!

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Got my AOR this morning Dec 14, exactly one month plus one day after they received!
Linked my application with one try! Easier than I thought!
But how do I link the OWP?
Or is it necessary to link the owp?
How long does it take to get owp now?
Looks like AOR process time is around one month.
Hope every Nov classmates get it before Christmas!!
Congrats! Linking the OWP can be tricky, but it's similar to how you linked the PR application. You don't hear anything about the OWP until a decision has been made, so if you don't link it right away, you won't miss much. So expect to hear something in about 3-4 months!

Sasazhao

Dec 7, 2018
Congrats! Linking the OWP can be tricky, but it's similar to how you linked the PR application. You don't hear anything about the OWP until a decision has been made, so if you don't link it right away, you won't miss much. So expect to hear something in about 3-4 months!
Thanks!
I have seen people get owp in 2 months!
3-4 months is really a long wait for me......

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
I thought of a question....

With our PR app, we also applied for an OWP. If for some reason, they sent our application back because of, for example, a missing document... would they send the OWP application back too? Or would that continue processing?

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
I thought of a question....

With our PR app, we also applied for an OWP. If for some reason, they sent our application back because of, for example, a missing document... would they send the OWP application back too? Or would that continue processing?
They will send everything back. The PR application (Spousal sponsorship) makes you eligible to apply for the OWP.