+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

balzie101

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
I reached out to a cic agent earlier today. He was a nice guy and happily responded to my specific queries. I was able to get the following updates.

FSW Outland
Visa office: Ottawa
Aor: Nov 12
Medical: Passed - Dec
Criminality: Passed
Security: not started
Eligibility and background checks: Nothing mentioned the agent said.

He also said that everyevery looks fine so far and it's a bit early for me to check.
did u do biometrics?

Azya

Oct 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
November 9, 2018
Med's Done....
December 14, 2018
When do they usually ask for additional documents?
I mean.. Would they ask for them after 3 or 4 months for example...?

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
AOR: November 2nd, here

I just received a message asking me to pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee (which I’m about to pay). I’m not sure what that means (or if it means anything at all), but I’m guessing it’s not exactly bad news, right?

SJPLAMA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
hi everyone,

I'm the dependent in the Application.
My spouse (main applicant) didnt have to do biometrics.
I did the biometrics the second day I received the letter. But still dont see any updates on our application regarding that they got my biometrics.

Anyone in a situation where only the dependent was required to do biometrics?

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017

I just received a message asking me to pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee (which I’m about to pay). I’m not sure what that means (or if it means anything at all), but I’m guessing it’s not exactly bad news, right?
Most say that it's an indication that you have passed eligibility but I'm not sure. Maybe seniors can advice further.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019

Did you not pay any fees upfront?

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Aor: Nov 12
Medical: Passed - Dec
Criminality: Passed
Security: not started
Eligibility and R10 checks: Nothing mentioned the agent said.
I called up CIC as well and the agent said my background check is going on, she said my file doesn't say anything about R10 completeness.
She was not sure about Criminality and Security as well.
My AOR is 10th Nov.
I had an ADR for PCC which was submitted last week but still says 'The additional documents you have provided have been uploaded'.
BG - "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check".

I am being patient as I have an extensive travel history (about 14 countries) so not expecting anything before 6 months..

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

That's great. It means that your file has been looked at. Not sure if it says more than that. InreckI it should imply that your application is complete

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
How to tell if it's in IP1 or IP2?
Doesn't mean much these days but here you go:

IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially inland and CEC) skip this stage.

NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed.

IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

legbird

Jan 23, 2018
Doesn't mean much these days but here you go:

IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially inland and CEC) skip this stage.

NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed.

IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Thank you!