+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

reddog

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
I have passed my medicals on Jan 3rd , since then my background check says "Your application is in progress. " is this normal?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I have passed my medicals on Jan 3rd , since then my background check says "Your application is in progress. " is this normal?
yes, very normal. Are you FSW or CEC - inland?

I passed my meds on Dec 7th (AOR 7th Nov) and my Background check moved from NA to "your application is in progress...." the next day.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
the backlog is so frustrating. Apparently even most of september folks are still sitting in the "IP1" stage.

God knows when they will get to Nov. To make matters worse I am FSW inland which seems to be stuck so bad that the last person with an online indication of FSW inland was on immitracker with an AOR of Aug 23rd. Sigh
Patience, my friend. Unless one is really lucky, can't expect PPR in less than 4-6 months these days :). We are all pretty much halfway through.

Also, forget about things like "IP1". People are getting IP2 and then, a few hours later, getting PPR.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Hi all, I have an AOR of 13 Dec 2018, and wanted to ask a question regarding the documents I uploaded as a part of my application: I have been wondering whether I should have included a scan of my old passport, which was valid up to June 2010. I have a very extensive travel history as I used to live and work in the UK - in the ten years from Dec 2008 to Dec 2018, I had close to a hundred foreign trips to the US, Europe, Asia and Africa.

While I have included a scan of my current passport and all stamped pages in it, the old passport would show my travel history from Dec 2008 to June 2010 that is obviously not in the current passport. Should I go ahead and upload a copy of my old passport unprompted?
Not required. However, for peace of mind, there is no harm attaching all passports of the last 10 years. I did it :).

Since you have already submitted your application, I'd say leave it as its not required. No point potentially delaying your application as they will take time to process any additional documents you send to them over webform.

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
Patience, my friend. Unless one is really lucky, can't expect PPR in less than 4-6 months these days :). We are all pretty much halfway through.

Also, forget about things like "IP1". People are getting IP2 and then, a few hours later, getting PPR.
I agree we all are pretty much half way through the process and I too read on one of the forum that some received PPR mail the next day after their BG status changed to IP2

Reactions: Dotosy

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Not required. However, for peace of mind, there is no harm attaching all passports of the last 10 years. I did it :).

Since you have already submitted your application, I'd say leave it as its not required. No point potentially delaying your application as they will take time to process any additional documents you send to them over webform.
I have uploaded it using the CSE form just to play it safe and to avoid a potential ADR later. I haven’t passed MEP yet (according to MyImmiTracker, my turn will come in another 8-10 days) so there’s plenty of time for my application to be processed anyway.

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hello guys, today I did my biometrics, and they show in my profile under the applicant information. However the account still shows the message "your action is required" and next to Biometrics it says "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details."

how long does it usually take for the information to get updated?

Dotosy

Oct 3, 2018
AOR Received.
30th November 2018
Hello guys, today I did my biometrics, and they show in my profile under the applicant information. However the account still shows the message "your action is required" and next to Biometrics it says "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details."

how long does it usually take for the information to get updated?
I did my biometric today, it was updated immediately. It showed "completed" within an hour after I had the biometrics.

You may have to wait 24hrs to get it updated in your account. Probably, it varies from centre to centre.

Reactions: evan9160

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
I did my biometric today, it was updated immediately. It showed "completed" within an hour after I had the biometrics.

You may have to wait 24hrs to get it updated in your account. Probably, it varies from centre to centre.
Thanks for the information

Reactions: Dotosy

faizanshujaat

Jul 19, 2016
I reached out to a cic agent earlier today. He was a nice guy and happily responded to my specific queries. I was able to get the following updates.

FSW Outland
Visa office: Ottawa
Aor: Nov 12
Medical: Passed - Dec
Criminality: Passed
Security: not started
Eligibility and R10 checks: Nothing mentioned the agent said.

He also said that everything looks fine so far and it's a bit early for me to check.

Last edited:
Reactions: smash1984

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
I reached out to a cic agent earlier today. He was a nice guy and happily responded to my specific queries. I was able to get the following updates.

FSW Outland
Eligibility and background checks: Nothing mentioned the agent said.

He also said that everyevery looks fine so far and it's a bit early for me to check.
Nice!so what does your background status shows?and which country are you applying from?I need skype to contact the agent right?my AOR is 24th November

faizanshujaat

Jul 19, 2016
From Pakistan. You can make a call using Skype credit however I sisdid use Skype.

Background status: we are processing your background check...

Eligibility: we are reviewing whether you meet your eligibility requirements..

Last edited:

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

FSW Outland
Eligibility and background checks: Nothing mentioned the agent said.

He also said that everyevery looks fine so far and it's a bit early for me to check.
That is nice, quite proactive from you :p

I will probably check at the 3 month mark

reddog

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
yes, very normal. Are you FSW or CEC - inland?

I passed my meds on Dec 7th (AOR 7th Nov) and my Background check moved from NA to "your application is in progress...." the next day.
Thanks you! I am FSW - OUTLAND. how long it take an average to move from IP1 to NA2?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thanks you! I am FSW - OUTLAND. how long it take an average to move from IP1 to NA2?
These days it's taking a long time. There are no hard and fast rules but any final decision on your application before 4 to 6 months from AOR date would be considered very fast given current processing times