+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2014 Applicants

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
I will send my application mid November. Does anyone know about the new processing time? How long does it take for the whole process?

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings group. I have been surfing this forum for quite a while, and now that our time approaches to submit our citizenship application, this topic appears to be very appropriate to join and comment.

I am currently waiting on my wife's official CELPIP General LS results to arrive before submitting the application, which I anticipate to be mid-November. We have received the online scores last week, and depending on the forum/CELPIP official FAQs, the required score should be received in the mail in 4-10 business days.

I do feel that I am getting a bit carried away by the amount of documents that I am attaching with our family application (3 people), but based on what I have read, it appears that avoiding an RQ should allow for a smoother processing time (We are based in Edmonton).

Here is what I am attaching so far (apart from the usual app form/bio pages etc)

1. Language requirements:
Myself: Original sealed transcripts from my universities in the States, along with copies of the conferred degrees
Wife: General LS score sheet (once received)

2. Education records:
Myself/wife/son: Copy of my son's school record

3. Work records:
Myself: Letters of employment from past three employers, Notice of Assessments, Copies of paystubs (one for each year in Canada)
Wife: Homemaker, so N/A for her

4. Additional documents
Myself/wife/son:
a. Color copies of all pages from our passport (I have copied two to a page and double-sided, so a 36-page booklet is reduced to 5-pages)
b. copy of doctor's visit record for Edmonton (the doctor in Manitoba is taking too long to pull our records, so unless received in the next week, I will proceed without them).
b. Lease copies for last three years.

Myself:
a. copy of a hydro bill from Manitoba
b. copy of an Adult EAL score report from Manitoba (NOT being used for language requirement)

Wife:
a. copy of a cable bill from Manitoba
b. copy of a flu immunization in Alberta (also applies for my son)

Overkill? Need more? Any feedback would be appreciated.

To this who have applied already, all the best with your application's progress.

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
I think you are on the right track, the documents I am attaching to my application are as follow:

+Employment letters for past 4 years
+Title Certificate for my property
+color copy of passport with all stamped translated to English (Non English stamps)
+My rent history
+print of my pay stubs
+Employment contracts
+CSBA record
Cheers

fdk511 said:
Greetings group. I have been surfing this forum for quite a while, and now that our time approaches to submit our citizenship application, this topic appears to be very appropriate to join and comment.

I am currently waiting on my wife's official CELPIP General LS results to arrive before submitting the application, which I anticipate to be mid-November. We have received the online scores last week, and depending on the forum/CELPIP official FAQs, the required score should be received in the mail in 4-10 business days.

I do feel that I am getting a bit carried away by the amount of documents that I am attaching with our family application (3 people), but based on what I have read, it appears that avoiding an RQ should allow for a smoother processing time (We are based in Edmonton).

Here is what I am attaching so far (apart from the usual app form/bio pages etc)

Myself: Original sealed transcripts from my universities in the States, along with copies of the conferred degrees

2. Education records:

3. Work records:
Myself: Letters of employment from past three employers, Notice of Assessments, Copies of paystubs (one for each year in Canada)

4. Additional documents
Myself/wife/son:
a. Color copies of all pages from our passport (I have copied two to a page and double-sided, so a 36-page booklet is reduced to 5-pages)
b. copy of doctor's visit record for Edmonton (the doctor in Manitoba is taking too long to pull our records, so unless received in the next week, I will proceed without them).

Myself:
b. copy of an Adult EAL score report from Manitoba (NOT being used for language requirement)

Wife:

To this who have applied already, all the best with your application's progress.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fdk511 said:

2. Education records:

3. Work records:

4. Additional documents
Myself/wife/son:

Myself:

Wife:

fdk, my feedback: Excellent writing skills! That is pretty much what we sent October 2013. You should be more than okay... My wife like yours, is also a homemaker, so to make life little more easier/or may be tough, I included the birth certificates of my two daughters born in Saskatchewan and doctors note/appointments to cover up her 'unemployment' kinda thing...I did send a letter from my employer that I have been working last 5 years full time permanent with the salary and land title for the house we live in... good luck, you should be fine. BAD NEWS: Sask, Alberta, MB are very slow.. People who applied with me in Oct 2013 have already gotten their Citizenship living in ON and East...

Messi

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I am so excited that my journey with the Citizenship application just started today by sending my application by FedeX and as per their confirmation it will be there by Nov. 5th.

Here are all my information:

Date when I become Permanent Residence: Aug.06.2009
Total number of days stayed in Canada in the last 4 years: 1106 Days
Local Office: Ottawa

Attached papers with my application:

- Proof of language:
1- My university Graduation certificate and transcript indicating that 75% of the courses are in English
2- My high school transcript with a reference letter indicating that the courses were studied in English.

- last 4 years Tax assessment
- HR letter from my Employer stating that i have been working with them for more than 3 years.
- Last 2 pay stubs.
- Copies of my 2 passports with all the papers and with all the non English stamps translated to English.

Good Luck for everyone applying, Cheers.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fdk511 said:

2. Education records:

3. Work records:

4. Additional documents
Myself/wife/son:

Myself:

Wife:

Should we attach extra documents for proof of residence or should we only send documents that they are asking in the application form. I have heard both sides of the argument. Some say its good to add additional documents and some say that it just makes CIC suspicious. Any expert advise?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi Sub..

You may add health card record as well..order from ministry of health it is free

you will send along with your citizenship application... wish you all the best

of luck....

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
Should we attach extra documents for proof of residence or should we only send documents that they are asking in the application form. I have heard both sides of the argument. Some say its good to add additional documents and some say that it just makes CIC suspicious. Any expert advise?
@SinghLovCan - quite frankly, I can convince myself of either of the options, and having gone through other posts on this forum, it appears that there really are two camps when it comes to attaching additional information to citizenship applications. Either you are sending exactly what they are asking for, or you are sending more than what is stated in the instructions.

Ultimately, if one ends up with an RQ, I would imagine that a lot more information would be requested than what I am including.

Further to @Janoo's point, I did consider asking for officials medical records from Alberta and Manitoba health, but then decided on a wait-and-see approach if/once an RQ is received.

@SubZero_2, I did plan on asking CBSA for our history of entries, but question 9D has a line at the end which states ..."do not contact the CBSA to request your history of entries", which dissuaded me for doing so. I have assumed that by checking off the "Yes" box to authorize CBSA to disclose the history of our entries to CIC, we should be reasonably covered.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fdk, thanks for the response. So did you send additional documents such as lease, work records, health records, rent payments etc.?

In my case I have not been severely sick to see a doctor, so I have never been to a doctor. I do have a family doctor though, but all other documents I have.

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
fdk, thanks for the response. So did you send additional documents such as lease, work records, health records, rent payments etc.?

In my case I have not been severely sick to see a doctor, so I have never been to a doctor. I do have a family doctor though, but all other documents I have.
@SinghLovCan, I am still waiting on the official score report from CELPIP for my wife's test, so haven't sent off the application yet, BUT, my earlier post did list all the additional documents we are attaching with our application. The only exceptions from your question are the rent payment receipts and the official health records from the Manitoba/Alberta ministries.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I will send whatever is being specifically asked.
If RQ is bound to happen, you can't avoid it by sending extra documents that CIC has not requested.