November 2014 Applicants

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is what I am confused about. if you send all those documents that are required to be sent in RQ beforehand on your original citizenship application... does it not help or CIC looks at it with suspicion.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SinghLovCan said:
That is what I am confused about. if you send all those documents that are required to be sent in RQ beforehand on your original citizenship application... does it not help or CIC looks at it with suspicion.
Then you have to send same documents with extra evidence which would be a lot of work.If you can't submit additional documents then application will get delayed and worse may happen.
Instead, just send what are they currently asking and in the meanwhile start collecting RQ paperwork so that if in case RQ happens then u don't need to rush because u would be already prepared for it. If you don't get RQ then save your paperwork for interview so that u don't end up getting anpther mini RQ.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one more question. I recently changed my address and because of that my driver's license was re-issued. I heard any id issued within the 3 months is RQ trigger. Do I have to be worried about it?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SinghLovCan said:
one more question. I recently changed my address and because of that my driver's license was re-issued. I heard any id issued within the 3 months is RQ trigger. Do I have to be worried about it?
Yes, i have heard about it. It may probably trigger. I don't know whats the reason but wait if u can wait 3 months.

jenny92

Jan 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just mailed out my application yesterday and I only included required documents as CIC guide document states.
It means I didn't attach any pay stub, tax and so on. I haven't seen any request such as employee record, rent address and etc.
After I read postings here, it make me worry due to missing additional documents. Oh well, we will see in two month how it goes.

I heard someone got application returned because she attached copied of English result.
So I submitted the original test result instead of photocopy of result.
Nowadays most of applicant got contacted in 2 months after application delivered.
I will keep mine being updated.
Cheers!

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Yes, i have heard about it. It may probably trigger. I don't know whats the reason but wait if u can wait 3 months.
thecoolguysam said:
@thecoolguysam, the timing of your message is excellent, since I was reviewing this exact topic yesterday. We moved to our new address on the 1st of October. Licenses arrived within a couple of weeks BUT have new issue dates on them, which will probably trigger the C1 red flag for RQ. As I found out from AMA, the driver abstract only lists infractions, demerits etc and NOT the date of original issuance of the license. AMA can, however, perform a search on your license and issue a letter stating the date of the original issuance of the license (for a fee of course). I believe any registry in Alberta can do the same, but I am not sure what value this will add.

For now, I am considering NOT submitting my license but instead submitting copies of our Alberta health cards, and in the cover letter refer to the copies of bio pages of current passport to be the second piece of ID along with satisfying the requirements of biographical pages of passports. Alberta health cards, unfortunately, don't have photos, addresses or issuance dates noted, but only list name and date of birth for biographical purposes. While technically copies of PR cards and passports might also suffice for the personal id requirement, I do want to attach at least one provinicial document as proof of id.

My wife and I did discuss delaying the application by 2 more months, but quite frankly we think that
1. having even one Alberta-related document in our application should help (in this case the health card)
2. even if we submit our application 3 months + 1 day after the date of license issuance, it still might trigger the RQ if the CIC officer looks upon the "timing" of the application.

And yes, before anyone comments, I am being over-cautious :)

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fdk, That is very interesting. Iam also thinking of doing the same thing. If you dont mind, can I ask you which country you arrived from and how many absences you have since you became a PR

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
@SinghLovCan, like I mentioned earlier, you will find similar discussions on these forums :)

With the exception of employment letters, pay-stubs and notice of assessments (which I am submitting as "work records"), I know that we are submitting additional documents not required, but what I am not submitting (even though I have them available) are copies of

1. quarterly summaries of investment portfolios (TFSAs, RESPs, DC fund contributions)
2. rent receipts
3. credit card and bank statements
4. airline itineraries
5. hotel bookings for the 4 trips to the US I have had over the past three years
6. cellphone bills (both my wife and I have cellphones)
7. degree assesments for my wife by IQAS
8. Payment history record from Alberta health
9. Patient history record from Manitoba health

While I agree with the earlier post from @thecoolguysam "If RQ is bound to happen, you can't avoid it by sending extra documents that CIC has not requested", I am mentally prepared as to what I would or might need to satisfy an RQ.

Obviously, sending the documents which I listed above with the initial application when no one asked for them seems not only like overkill, but also as potential flags for the CIC officer.

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
Fdk, That is very interesting. Iam also thinking of doing the same thing. If you dont mind, can I ask you which country you arrived from and how many absences you have since you became a PR
@SinghLovCan, we are originally from Pakistan. After finishing our landing in Jan 2011 and staying in TO for a week, we went back to Pakistan and returned early June once I landed a job in MB.

Since Jun 2011, I have been to the US 4 times on company business, with a stay for each visit between 3-4 days and as a family we have been to Pakistan twice, once in 2012 and once in 2014.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fdk511 said:
@ SinghLovCan, like I mentioned earlier, you will find similar discussions on these forums :)

While I agree with the earlier post from @ thecoolguysam "If RQ is bound to happen, you can't avoid it by sending extra documents that CIC has not requested", I am mentally prepared as to what I would or might need to satisfy an RQ.

Obviously, sending the documents which I listed above with the initial application when no one asked for them seems not only like overkill, but also as potential flags for the CIC officer.
This is hard to say. CIC might look at the documents and think either in a positive or a negative way. My plan is to selectively choose and submit those documents that their authenticity cannot be denied. It will be like pun pointing your target and hitting it on the nail. For eg.

-ROE, T4, NOA
-Lease
-Medical records
-Child birth certificate
-Purchase of Car receipt
-Insurance payment receipt
-Excel sheet with passport stamps in chronological order
-EI receipt

Messi

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't see what is the problem from sending couple of supporting documents that may help you to avoid RQ, Letter of Employment, Pay stub OR tax assessment are sufficient enough as supporting document, because as long as you work so by default you will a car or a bank account or renting an apartment. So i think any of the above 3 documents are more than enough.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I may not send all the above documents that I listed. I want to send only those documents that undisputedly establish residence ties. I am considering :

1)T4, ROE, NOA .. no body can deny these documents as these are issued by the govt. of Canada
2)Medical records.
3)Purchase of car and receipt of insurance payment

These alone should be enough to show solid residence ties. No need to send lease, rent , bill payments as these can all be paid even if you were not living here. These are secondary documents.

I haven't applied yet. I am not sure if I will be able to apply this month or next month.

Good Luck November applicants.

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
Hello Fellas,
After some 2 years of inactivity on this website after landing as a PR, I have returned now that it is time for citizenship.
I sent out my Citizenship application last week and it was received by CIC in Sydney, NS on Oct 31, 2014. I think I will count myself as Nov 2014 applicant :).

In my application, I only included exactly what was requested in the application package. For record of employment, I included copies all my pay stubs from the last 4-5 years.
I did not include anything else that was not requested in the application package.
My marital status changed after I became a PR, but I did not include my marriage certificate with my citizenship application, I hope this I not a problem; any one has experience with this I would appreciate if you can share.

I hope my citizenship application goes smooth and quick!
My PR had taken only 8 months.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From which country did you immigrate from?