+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

johnjholland

Jan 5, 2015
Hi Guys

If I am accepted via the NSNP 100 skilled worker with employers support are you given an additional 600 points to your current express entry profile or will be I be nominated to apply for PR under the PNP, which is a paper application to IRCC, NOT Express Entry.

Nadinelle

Dec 15, 2015
johnjholland said:
Hi Guys

If I am accepted via the NSNP 100 skilled worker with employers support are you given an additional 600 points to your current express entry profile or will be I be nominated to apply for PR under the PNP, which is a paper application to IRCC, NOT Express Entry.
After you get a nomination, you need to apply in paper, not via Express Entry.

BTW, when did you apply? i'm wondering how long they might take, sent my application 2 weeks ago.

er.parminder

Jan 6, 2015
Dear SkyWalker pls. edit or remove the entry made by me in the spreadsheet as I have updated visa office (Halifax) by mistake. Actual Visa office is New Delhi.

johnjholland

Jan 5, 2015
Nadinelle said:
After you get a nomination, you need to apply in paper, not via Express Entry.

BTW, when did you apply? i'm wondering how long they might take, sent my application 2 weeks ago.
It was about 10 weeks in total for myself till i got the email from the officer not sure how long it takes once approved

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Ellabear said:
Hi pg! Its thru email where we submitted our documents. You can check their website at www.mordenimmigration.com
This morden community driven immigration initiative (MCDII) seems cool but for some clauses. Hope you noticed them? How were you able to deal with them especially since there is an explicit instruction on those clauses in relation to one's eligibility. Let me enumerate them.

Clause1. You must not have any relation or friend outside Morden.
". 2. You must not have interest in other provinces(ie you must not have an application made to any other province prior to your application to Modern).
Clause3. You will be invited to Canada for an exploratory visit and go back to your country after your interview with a MPNP officer, then apply from your country( a rather cumbersome process).

Hence, my question is thus. In view of the fact that you must not misrepresent facts about yourself and that you have an application running already in nova scotia, what will be your answer to clause 2 above? Moreover, if you have a relative in NS or any other part of Canada, what will be your answer to clause 2. Also since you are in the federal government's EE pool, what will be your anwer to clause 2 as well?

Thanks

MarvelMagnum

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Toronto
hhhh said:
Thanks for the analysis.
But if like what you said they prefer the "easy files", then it's not first come, first serve, is it?
What he meant was "easy files" after AOR. AOR is given in FIFO order and only if nomination slots are available. That means a person submitting later than you cannot occupy your nomination slot. But the processing of the files after that may be re-ordered for speed.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarvelMagnum said:
What he meant was "easy files" after AOR. AOR is given in FIFO order and only if nomination slots are available. That means a person submitting later than you cannot occupy your nomination slot. But the processing of the files after that may be re-ordered for speed.
Exactly!

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
MarvelMagnum said:
MarvelMagnum,

Thanks for your clear clarification, now I get the point :)

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
hi,

I am new to this discussion.

I have submitted my application few months back and visa officer sent me an email requesting explanation on why I prefer to settle in Nova Scotia instead of other provinces - specially comparing with Ontario.

He is asking evidence and argument favouring of settling in Nova Scotia.

Anyone received similar email and any help in replying this please....

Thanks

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
SDS said:
hi,

I am new to this discussion.

I have submitted my application few months back and visa officer sent me an email requesting explanation on why I prefer to settle in Nova Scotia instead of other provinces - specially comparing with Ontario.

He is asking evidence and argument favouring of settling in Nova Scotia.

Anyone received similar email and any help in replying this please....

Thanks
They usually ask such question when they want more clarifcation on why you chose their province against the one you have ties with. Since you said Ontario, that means that you must have said something about that province that brought it to the spotlight. Hence, you must tell them why they should nominate you when you have support system in Ontario and, convince the officer that you will not leave Nova Scotia for Ontario when you finally land in Canada with a PR status with their nomination.

By the way, you said you sent your app few months ago. Please, can you share your timeline here? Thanks

babysamantha

Feb 23, 2016
hi.... were on the same boat. i am planning to migrate in NS even without a friend or relative. my status is still "review in progress" but its past two months now. I hope I receive updates soon so that I can catch up with you.

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
oksma said:
They usually ask such question when they want more clarifcation on why you chose their province against the one you have ties with. Since you said Ontario, that means that you must have said something about that province that brought it to the spotlight. Hence, you must tell them why they should nominate you when you have support system in Ontario and, convince the officer that you will not leave Nova Scotia for Ontario when you finally land in Canada with a PR status with their nomination.

By the way, you said you sent your app few months ago. Please, can you share your timeline here? Thanks
Hi,

Initially I applied FSW 2014 and my application was returned due to cap reached.

That might be the reason they specified about Ontario.

I have no idea how to reply for this as its difficult to justify. Anyone who received same email?

I sent my application on July 2015 and received email on Feb 2015 asking about banking information. After that I received this email last week mentioning above questions.

SDS

Moh Mor

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
SDS said:
Hi,

Initially I applied FSW 2014 and my application was returned due to cap reached.

I have no idea how to reply for this as its difficult to justify. Anyone who received same email?

I sent my application on July 2015 and received email on Feb 2015 asking about banking information. After that I received this email last week mentioning above questions.

SDS
That is pre-AOR.
What do you say sky-Walker?

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SDS said:
Hi,

SDS

It has to do with you gathering every credible information about Nova Scotia that bothers around your field of work and how you can help add to the advancement of that sector. Talk about positive things surrounding Nova Scotia from housing to transportation to education to getting work etc. At this point, they know Ontario is better. Just keep speaking about the positives of NS and how you can help boost their economy. Avoid talking about Ontario in your explanation and write extensively.

ChrisCornel

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Hi there,
Can I ask you something re. The NSNP application. I just sent all my document to immigration and received on the first week of April. How long will it take for me to get an update from them. My application is supported by JO and NSNP 200 from employer same with you. Just wanted some updates. thanks in advance.