+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Skywalker_RT said:
I was pondering about the reasons why NS seems to be pausing their work on our stream, and something came to my mind. Recalling the end of 2015, we have seen a rush after September, where they suddenly reduced the average processing time from 9 months to 7, almost 6. After people got their AORs, it was taking only 1 or 2 weeks to conclude the processing and give nominations, with only a few exceptions.

But the year turned, and it all seemed to go back to the same pace as before the September increase in the quota. And not only to sending new AORs, but they've also started to take 1 or 2 months to give nominations afterwards. Last week, we have got the end-of-year report on EE, and found out that 656 people got ITA's under NS EE programs (NS Demand and NS Experience together). Until mid-September, no more than 350 had got their nominations. Suddenly, in little more than 3 months, NS was able to give a similar amount of nominations as in the previous 9 months. How where they able to do that?

In my opinion, first, they have concentrated most of their resources on processing the EE streams. As the non-EE streams together have 700 nominations available, it's very likely that they had previously a larger amount of resources dedicated to those streams than to the EE-based ones. To complete the processing of 300 nominations in half the time they have now, the only solution I see is to delay the other processes a little, by taking most of the staff dedicated to them to where they were most needed. After reaching the objective, it's possible that they have increased the backlog of the other processes. Now, they might have redirected more resources to compensate for what they have done last year, thus increasing the processing time of the EE streams.

Additionally, they might have given preference to "easier" files. It might be the case of, for example, people with more straight-forward documents, that don't require much effort to validate. Those are easy to process in less than a month, making it possible to reach the intended target. But, as we have seen in some cases here, some people had to wait around 3 months between AOR and nomination. But now, NSOI has no choice but to process those cases in due time.

Now, we are reaching a point that there are not many "open AORs" left to process. That means NSOI will soon need to give new AORs, which may occur even today. But, as soon as this happens, as there wouldn't be many pending processes left, I believe the processing might be normalized, as they also need to reach the target (probably 650 again) until the end of the year.

I would like to, therefore, ask everyone who hasn't updated their entries, please post here, whether it is a nomination given, and ITA received, or, for those willing to share their nominations numbers, to please post here the approximate range, so we can have a real picture of what is happening inside the walls of NSOI.
Hmm! What an analysis. I do share same feeling though not too certain, but I'm sure we shall soon see barrage of AORs being dished out.

otf

Jun 17, 2015
Skywalker_RT said:
You have to wait for NSOI to contact you (AOR). Meanwhile, can you please make an entry on the spreadsheet, so we can improve our database? The entry form link is on my signature.
I don't think you should or have to wait for them before creating a new profile. I am also a July applicant, my profile expired yesterday and I created a new one today.

Ellabear

Apr 8, 2016
Category........
PNP
IELTS Request
Already Tested
Interview........
27-05-2016 (Skype)
What is usually the timeline for NS? Will it take a year or longer?

creation7

Oct 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP: 08-04-2016
AOR Received.
EE AOR: 01-05-2016
Med's Done....
Passed: 04-05-2016
rkeys said:
Hi,
I am July 2015 applicant and as all other applicant I am also waiting for AOR/Pre-AOR. My express entry profile has been expired as I created that in April last year. My question is, should I create a new one right away or wait until I get some AOR/Pre-AOR from NS? Thanks
You should make a new express entry profile already because NSOI is going to ask for it during AOR. It will save processing time.

Ellabear

Apr 8, 2016
Category........
PNP
IELTS Request
Already Tested
Interview........
27-05-2016 (Skype)
Could you tell me where can i make my express entry profile? Thank u so much!

creation7

Oct 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP: 08-04-2016
AOR Received.
EE AOR: 01-05-2016
Med's Done....
Passed: 04-05-2016
Ellabear said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

pg27

Jan 31, 2016
Ellabear said:
Dear Ellabear,

How did you apply for Morden? Through mail or email?

Best Regards.

faith321

Feb 2, 2016
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2015
Doc's Request.
22-12-2015
Nomination.....
04-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-04-2016
Interview........
not applicable
Passport Req..
06-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
shortly
LANDED..........
soon
Skywalker_RT said:
I have updated the nomination spreadsheet, which is my part. For the PR part, let's wait Aru_nj response, as he's the responsible for that SS.
thanks

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
My NSNP details are not in the spreadsheet.

Date sent to NS: 02.11.2015
Date received by NSNP: 12.11.2015 ( I have sent them an inquiry email about my application and they answered me by an email confining that my application was received on 12.11)
NOC: 2141
AOR : not at this time
Total points: 71

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
otf said:
I don't think you should or have to wait for them before creating a new profile. I am also a July applicant, my profile expired yesterday and I created a new one today.
I have also re-created my profile as soon as it expire. What I mean is that you have to wait for NSOI to give you AOR to send the new profile number to them.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
runaway982 said:
My NSNP details are not in the spreadsheet.

Date sent to NS: 02.11.2015
Date received by NSNP: 12.11.2015 ( I have sent them an inquiry email about my application and they answered me by an email confining that my application was received on 12.11)
NOC: 2141
AOR : not at this time
Total points: 71
You're gonna have to make the entry yourself. Use the entry form link on my signature.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ellabear said:
What is usually the timeline for NS? Will it take a year or longer?
There's no usual timeline, as it's still considered a "pilot" stream. Right now, people are receiving nominations after 10 months, but that period should raise a little in the coming months, as they still haven't started to work on July applications so far.

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
F.K said:
I think someone did not.
Four or five pages back.
I think someone did. It happened in early of 2015, January 2015, I checked through all pages about this topic from 2 months ago, that case I do remember, a lot of people discussed about that but no conclusion --- if my memory is not wrong :p

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Thanks for the analysis.
But if like what you said they prefer the "easy files", then it's not first come, first serve, is it?

Skywalker_RT said:
I was pondering about the reasons why NS seems to be pausing their work on our stream, and something came to my mind. Recalling the end of 2015, we have seen a rush after September, where they suddenly reduced the average processing time from 9 months to 7, almost 6. After people got their AORs, it was taking only 1 or 2 weeks to conclude the processing and give nominations, with only a few exceptions.

But the year turned, and it all seemed to go back to the same pace as before the September increase in the quota. And not only to sending new AORs, but they've also started to take 1 or 2 months to give nominations afterwards. Last week, we have got the end-of-year report on EE, and found out that 656 people got ITA's under NS EE programs (NS Demand and NS Experience together). Until mid-September, no more than 350 had got their nominations. Suddenly, in little more than 3 months, NS was able to give a similar amount of nominations as in the previous 9 months. How where they able to do that?

In my opinion, first, they have concentrated most of their resources on processing the EE streams. As the non-EE streams together have 700 nominations available, it's very likely that they had previously a larger amount of resources dedicated to those streams than to the EE-based ones. To complete the processing of 300 nominations in half the time they have now, the only solution I see is to delay the other processes a little, by taking most of the staff dedicated to them to where they were most needed. After reaching the objective, it's possible that they have increased the backlog of the other processes. Now, they might have redirected more resources to compensate for what they have done last year, thus increasing the processing time of the EE streams.

Additionally, they might have given preference to "easier" files. It might be the case of, for example, people with more straight-forward documents, that don't require much effort to validate. Those are easy to process in less than a month, making it possible to reach the intended target. But, as we have seen in some cases here, some people had to wait around 3 months between AOR and nomination. But now, NSOI has no choice but to process those cases in due time.

Now, we are reaching a point that there are not many "open AORs" left to process. That means NSOI will soon need to give new AORs, which may occur even today. But, as soon as this happens, as there wouldn't be many pending processes left, I believe the processing might be normalized, as they also need to reach the target (probably 650 again) until the end of the year.

I would like to, therefore, ask everyone who hasn't updated their entries, please post here, whether it is a nomination given, and ITA received, or, for those willing to share their nominations numbers, to please post here the approximate range, so we can have a real picture of what is happening inside the walls of NSOI.

Ellabear

Apr 8, 2016
Category........
PNP
IELTS Request
Already Tested
Interview........
27-05-2016 (Skype)
Hi pg! Its thru email where we submitted our documents. You can check their website at www.mordenimmigration.com