+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

emailme1698

May 31, 2015
Congratulations to all for NS nominations.

I have sent my application on last week of September and NSOI has received on October 3rd. But I have not received any confirmation (file number or any thing) from Nova Scotia (Phone/Email).

Is this normal? or should I call them and ask about my file?

MarvelMagnum

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Toronto
emailme1698 said:
Congratulations to all for NS nominations.

I have sent my application on last week of September and NSOI has received on October 3rd. But I have not received any confirmation (file number or any thing) from Nova Scotia (Phone/Email).

Is this normal? or should I call them and ask about my file?
Currently there is a waiting period of 8-9 months for the applications before they are processed. That is when you get file number, etc. You application is not going to be processed this year and will probably be carried over to next year and put in queue.

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
This sounds good and looks like the glipmse of light at the end of the tunnel. Check it out. http://www.nascintl.com/index.php/36-latest-news/312-a-new-liberal-plan-to-fix-canada-s-immigration-system-summary-of-expected-changes

Peniel

Sep 3, 2015
Please what date in the month of March 2015 is NSOI currently processing. The last I saw on the excel sheet was that AOR have been sent to applicants that NSOI received their application forms on March 9, 2015.

hope 2015

Mar 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
Peniel said:
Please what date in the month of March 2015 is NSOI currently processing. The last I saw on the excel sheet was that AOR have been sent to applicants that NSOI received their application forms on March 9, 2015.
Yes my friend that's right. The spreadsheet is up to date.

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Peniel said:
They are with march 9th applicants ....

nekosama288

Jul 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all I have just received additional questions from NSOI yesterday, I hope you all can give me some outline/idea to reply these questions. Thanks a lot in advanced!

1. Why would you choose to uproot life and move to Nova Scotia, where you have no pre-existing network?
2. Why have you chosen Halifax, NS as your intended destination compared to other parts of Canada?
3. Have you researched employment opportunities in NS that have been advertised on job sites which you believe match your education and work experience. If yes, please provide examples.

mbb

Sep 19, 2015
hi friends
I got my ITA on 23th october
please update me in spreadsheet.
my name is M in spreadsheet and my app received by NS on 17th Feb.

i have some questions:
is insurance history needed for supporting document which we should attach in CIC
Is military service status of my husband and his card needed for supporting document which we should attach in CIC.

thanks a lot
i wish the best for all of you in your processing.

emailme1698

May 31, 2015
MarvelMagnum said:
Currently there is a waiting period of 8-9 months for the applications before they are processed. That is when you get file number, etc. You application is not going to be processed this year and will probably be carried over to next year and put in queue.
Thanks MarvelMagnum for your clarification.

hope 2015

Mar 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
nekosama288 said:
Dear all I have just received additional questions from NSOI yesterday, I hope you all can give me some outline/idea to reply these questions. Thanks a lot in advanced!

1. Why would you choose to uproot life and move to Nova Scotia, where you have no pre-existing network?
If you have researched about communities in Halifax then mention them otherwise search a community (of your country) in Halifax and inform nsoi that you join to this community once you arrive there.
2. Why have you chosen Halifax, NS as your intended destination compared to other parts of Canada?
explain about advantages of living in Halifax based on your researches such as more job opportunities in comparison with other parts of NS
3. Have you researched employment opportunities in NS that have been advertised on job sites which you believe match your education and work experience. If yes, please provide examples.

If you activated Job alert in your Job Bank account you can mention job vacancies for your experience. explain all your exploration about job opportunities in your occupation in Halifax

Peniel

Sep 3, 2015
aru_nj said:
They are with march 9th applicants ....
NSOI seem to have slowed down, is it that they have exhausted the available CAP which I think is unlikely as the last nomination number shared on this thread was between 250 - 260, which is still within the initial 350 allocated to NS Demand. The additional 300 to be shared between NS Demand & Experience certainly has not been utilized. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mbb said:
hi friends
I got my ITA on 23th october
please update me in spreadsheet.
my name is M in spreadsheet and my app received by NS on 17th Feb.

i have some questions:
is insurance history needed for supporting document which we should attach in CIC
Is military service status of my husband and his card needed for supporting document which we should attach in CIC.

thanks a lot
i wish the best for all of you in your processing.
Hi Mbb..

What do you mean by Insurance History? Insurance of what?

For the Military Service, YES there will be a separate field of which you have to declare if you have any Military services experience and fill accordingly..

However, the system will generate a dedicated supporting docs check list for your application which you have to upload.. so its step by step process.. finish first your application by filling in the info and then you will be directed to another page for the docs checklist..

hope that helps you..

mbb

Sep 19, 2015
Maverickjo said:
Hi Mbb..

What do you mean by Insurance History? Insurance of what?

For the Military Service, YES there will be a separate field of which you have to declare if you have any Military services experience and fill accordingly..

However, the system will generate a dedicated supporting docs check list for your application which you have to upload.. so its step by step process.. finish first your application by filling in the info and then you will be directed to another page for the docs checklist..

hope that helps you..

hi Maverickjo
insurance history is related to money payment paid by employer to insurance company which proves work experience.
thanks for your reply