+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Snehan said:
Guys,

Is it necessary to provide latest employee ref letter of my current job in the PR application? I have the one which i sent to NS six months back. Can i upload the same one?

Any idea?
you have to submit new and updated ref letter.
thank you

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
remit2010 said:
Hello everyone, I pray th at we all get the nomnination ;)! I sent in my application in january, receipt for the 29th
AOR on June 19. Request for more information on July 22nd. They want me to send a copy of imm008....where do I get that from?
congratulations

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
prempaulj said:
Congratulations !!!! to all who has received NOMINATIONs and AORs..

God has showered blessings upon all of us in this world..

I received my nomination, today..

Thanks to our team. Special thanks to Snehan, AIM123, Chitra, Hope, Odadelemary and the team who are active/helping here..

Let us all meet in NS, buddies.
congratulations prem..i am really happy for your success

May I know how long(months, years)is this NSNP nomination valid??

Team, cast your light

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
begenerous said:
hi All,

I got AOR yesterday !! Kindly pls update this on the sheet. I don't have access to do it. !

Application submitted 6 Feb 2015
Application Received 6 FEB 2015
AOR Received 23 July 2015

Thanks all in this group for your contribution here, it cetrtainly helps a lot to be on track. !!
congratulations and best of luck for rest of the process

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Applicant78 said:
hi all,
I have just been contacted by NSOI that
The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program's Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Stream and intends to refuse your application.

The main sections that I have been asked to provide are as follows:

Section I – Settlement Our office is not satisfied that your genuine intention is to settle permanently in Nova Scotia. You have disclosed to our office that you have previously made application for permanent residence in Canada and identified Ontario as your intended destination. Provide any evidence you have to support your intention to settle permanently in Nova Scotia.

Selection Factor 3: Work Experience A table has been provided to assist you in demonstrating how you have performed the actions described in the lead statements and the main duties for your Unit Group occupation as set out in the occupational description of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011.

My questions are as follows:
1) is "intends to refuse" wording used in all NS Officers' emails asking for additional information?
2) Regarding section 1, what kind of evidence should I provide to be able to strongly support my intention to settle permanently in NS?
3) Regarding Selection Factor 3. Should I just match my job duties I have provided in the reference letters against the lead statements and the main duties for my Unit Group occupation of (NOC) 2011? Is this just for ease of the Officer's evaluation or the Officer asks for additional duties not listed in the reference letters provided to them?

Senior members, your help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you!
2. if you have any evidence that you have applied for any job/ communication to employer of NS, relatives, friends, community who live in NS, activity for certification or enrollment in any professional institute in NS (if your occupation is regulated by a specific authority)
thank you

ryan.esquieres

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Hi Oksma, lyndzkiel and Oladelemary!

I'm a little bit confused and it really sounds Greek to me. I hope you can still guide me.

Why should I wait until I'm nominated to get nnas? Why can't I fill it up now so when NSOI request it, I can pass it to them already. By the way regarding on the nnas, How much did it cost? How many weeks or months did it took?

And the same case with lyndzkie before on the new points system, my wife's working experience is from September 1,2009- present. If we are going to compute this it is less than 6 years. Do you think that our application will be affected because of the new points system? The others were saying that we are not affected because we already pass the reqs Jan 30th of 2015.However in lyndzkie's case she had to add some months to complete the gaps. Am I right lydzkie?

As of the moment we have 68 points!

Please help us. We are completely stressed out! Why are they changing their criteria wherein the program is already halfway? I find it very unfair.

lyndzkiel

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
i still get 68 points. i didnt lose the 2 points. i was able to provide my updated employment certificate and my experience from my first employer which i didnt submit together with my application. Regarding the NNAS, i said that i still didnt apply for eligibility but i told to the officer that i register through online and read how
internationally educated nurses will be assess by nnas.also i told them that if nsoi will grant me nomination thats the time i will start processing in nnas.for additional information i had n application made before in college of registered nurses of nova scotia or crnns,last 2009 i was eligible to take the exam. maybe in that reson i was able to convince the officer that i am serious with my application and really wanted to settle in NS

lovecorazn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
wendyluv said:
Hi Dear,same thing happened to my account please go to page 228 of this forum and follow the instructions i wrote out there are 2 post from me on that same page,the second one is where i wrote a detailed explanation on what can possibly be done,it helped me...
Thank you wendyluv. Its already fixed now.

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
lyndzkiel said:
i still get 68 points. i didnt lose the 2 points. i was able to provide my updated employment certificate and my experience from my first employer which i didnt submit together with my application. Regarding the NNAS, i said that i still didnt apply for eligibility but i told to the officer that i register through online and read how
internationally educated nurses will be assess by nnas.also i told them that if nsoi will grant me nomination thats the time i will start processing in nnas.for additional information i had n application made before in college of registered nurses of nova scotia or crnns,last 2009 i was eligible to take the exam. maybe in that reson i was able to convince the officer that i am serious with my application and really wanted to settle in NS
Thanks very kindly lyndzkiel, your such a darling! That was very persuasive and convincing enough. Bravo!

lovecorazn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Hi fellow aspirant,

I received an email from NSNP Nominee officer dated july 24, 2015 that my application has been refused and closed due to failure to comply with the maximum 67-point requirement, given that I only got 66 points upon assessment. I would like to reiterate that during my application submission last January 2015, I was able to meet all the maximum requirements and eligibility criteria based on this six selection factors.However, the said criteria was changed i think June 2015 particularly in work experience factor that decreases 1 point, making it 11 points now, instead of 12- point(2-3 years work experience) from the previous guidelines. I am aware though as stated that, if application criteria or forms are updated of if there are changes to the NSNP or its streams, applications may be assessed with the most current criteria irrespective of the date of submission of an application. I highly respect whatever changes made by nsnp in their application rules. Today, I sent an email to them to have my file reassessed and add my recent work experience just to reach the required additional points.
By the way, Is there anyone in same situation as mine? what action did you take and how is the outcome? I am not sure if this will work out. If not, then maybe this is the end of my NSNP dream. :=(

I just want to thank everyone here in this forum for all your help and guidance. Goodluck to all.

Jan 15-application sent
Jan 29-application received by NSOI
June 30- AOR received
July 24 - refusal mail received

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
ryan.esquieres said:
Hi Oksma, lyndzkiel and Oladelemary!

I'm a little bit confused and it really sounds Greek to me. I hope you can still guide me.

Why should I wait until I'm nominated to get nnas? Why can't I fill it up now so when NSOI request it, I can pass it to them already. By the way regarding on the nnas, How much did it cost? How many weeks or months did it took?

And the same case with lyndzkie before on the new points system, my wife's working experience is from September 1,2009- present. If we are going to compute this it is less than 6 years. Do you think that our application will be affected because of the new points system? The others were saying that we are not affected because we already pass the reqs Jan 30th of 2015.However in lyndzkie's case she had to add some months to complete the gaps. Am I right lydzkie?

As of the moment we have 68 points!

Please help us. We are completely stressed out! Why are they changing their criteria wherein the program is already halfway? I find it very unfair.
From insight I think that much emphasis is made on meeting the minimum qualifications for nomination which of course nnas certification is not among. Nevertheless, nothing stops you from getting it because you will eventually get it but I think one needs to have a confirmation for PR status or even a nomination to drive it passionately. Now, come to think of it. Nnas seems to require the academic version of ielts, and so, you have to sit the exam. What if you fall short somehow? Does that mean you will be disqualified from nomination even when you have the required points from education, skills etc? So rather than channel your energy in the pursuit of nnas, I think you should concerntrate on improving your scores. For the province of NS, nnas certification doesn't have any extra point. But for some like Saskat, they give some points for having a cert frm regulated profession. Bro, this process for IENs I guess isn't gonna be just a snap of the finger. Have you taken a look at nnas before? You must sent your transcripts and work references etc. How long will that take? Then if you won't apply cos of not having nnas, rest assured that the quota may be reached sooner than you realized it. So, my humble submission is to apply and if you can beat your chest in confidence that you will be nominated, then you can start nnas too. Even when you are not sure of veing nominated and you have the required 67 points, pls go ahead and proceed to nnas. I think it's all for good too.

Thanks

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
silasnjita said:
Hello Guys,

I'll appreciate your response.

I know everyone here is trying to get a nomination, so this mind sound a little be weird.

What's the procedure to withdraw an application FROM NSOI?

Even if one hasn't received AOR yet.

Thanks
Just send an email to them saying the day your application was received and who signed for it. But why do you want to withdraw your application?

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
lyndzkiel said:
Hello Canadian Dreamers!

I got my nomination certificate today. My nomination cert # is NS-2015-xx-x154..
Im waiting for the next draw. Hopefuly it will happen this week or by nextweek.
God Bless Everyone! :) ;) :D ;D
Congrats dear. Keep us posted on your ITA when it comes.