+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
ryan.esquieres said:
Hi Oksma!

Where did you get this reference/link? can you paste the link here. Thanks!

Hi,
All under Noc 3012 and 3233 are required to register with nnas.ca to have their credentials evaluated before proceeding to any provincial nursing regulatory body for further processing. you can hold on a while till you have your nomination/PR visa, then initiate evaluation of your nursing credentials with nnas.ca. the board (nnas) will later direct you to crnns.

since i have no certification yet from crnns, i chose NA too in the NSPN 100 form.
Hello ryan,
That link was a suggestion from one of our members here by name Oladelemary. There's no place that it was categorically stated that you should go to nnas.ca to register on CIC website but, as a regulated profession, you are expected to register with nnas.ca as an IEN inorder for them to determine your eligibility for licensure from their assessment. But of course, you have an ECA from a CIC designated org. what does the result show? If it shows an equivalency with a Canadian one, then you are good to go to apply for NSNP under EE since you will meet one of the 3 criteria program namely, FSWP. Hence, as a candidate belonging to NOC 3012 or 3233, you would eventually need two evaluations (one from WES or any other you chose and one from nnas.ca). But as it stands, you know that the whole process is point based, so you would be able to acquire enough points under various factors for nomination, then you just have to bear in mind that if you have not registered in Canada before, then you must go through nnas.ca to be able to register at any province of your choice except Quebec. So Oladelemary from insight suggested the above quoted words to wait and get your nomination/PR first before proceeding for nnas.ca for registering. I saw the wisdom behind that suggestion. Hope you also see it. So in the doc checklist for NS demand express entry on regulated profession, you will invariably choose NA undebr the column for "certification with regulated body" since you do not have one yet. But if you have already, that's beautiful. (Though it is applicable to you by virtue of your NOC but since you meet the minimum points for nomination, then that is not the point of focus here. Reason being that if you have a certificate of registration from a regulatory body like CRNNS and does not meet the minimum nomination points, then your guess is as good as mine.) Hope you got it? Cheers.

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
hope 2015 said:
Congratulation dear, Good luck :D
Thank you so much for sharing your number :-*
Congrats!!!!!

Any one please answer this

I Have been reading the posts from you guys since long, I have completed my application to be sent to NS and Saskatchewan. I have 360 Points altogether, could you please share your info when did you submit application, and how many CRS points did you have when you applied? should I submit my application now or wait for next year? I am Confused because I am MSc Civil engineer which very high in demand in NS and Saskachewan.

further if possible, please let me know which documents you have sent them. I am asking this just to re check my documents.

your early response will be appreciated
Thanks

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
JI JI IRAWO said:
REASONS FOR REJECTION ON EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION
1. Lack of Education Credential Assessment-ECA(they will just ask for copies of degrees without ECA but when you fail to submit ECA, then the hammer comes)
2. Lack of degrees Certificates: this is where ECA is uploaded without copies of degree certificate
3. WRONG UPLOAD OF DOCUMENTS: All uploads must be only one document, as the second document will cancel out the first
4. Lack of document translation;
5. Use of online bank statements
6. Job Offer wasn't proving it is a permanent job
7. LACK of PCC-Police Clearance Certificate
8. LACK of PCC- for online/correspondence courses done outside your country
9. LACK of PCC - uploading translation of the Police Clearance, not the original one.
thank you
10. Missing copy of passport pages
11. Missing of visa, stamps on various travelling done

This might help some one on this forum

JIJI IRAWO
Thank you jiji...it will help all of us

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Adil Khan123 said:
Congrats!!!!!

Any one please answer this

I Have been reading the posts from you guys since long, I have completed my application to be sent to NS and Saskatchewan. I have 360 Points altogether, could you please share your info when did you submit application, and how many CRS points did you have when you applied? should I submit my application now or wait for next year? I am Confused because I am MSc Civil engineer which very high in demand in NS and Saskachewan.

further if possible, please let me know which documents you have sent them. I am asking this just to re check my documents.

your early response will be appreciated
Thanks
Hi, I do not exactly know what docs you need to apply for nomination under your profession but I guess the rule is the same across boards. For example, you must provide an ECA from a CIC designated org showing that you education is equal to a completeted Canadian one. Moreover, you must include your IELTS(general test) result too. Copies of your education plus the ECA result backing it up and ref letters from your former employers. Note also, that ref letters must be written on company's letter head. Then also, your birth certificate, if you are married, then marriage cert too. If you have dependants(children) theirs too. Then your bank statement for a minimum of 3months showing that you have the required settlement funds in your name. Then also your international passport data page etc.

Just for the records, I would like to say that nomination is a serious business and a stiff competition among provinces for higly skilled workers. Hence, if you have an EE profile already, that means that you chose NS and Saskat as your destinations. To me, I feel it is not good enough since it does not show absolute commitment to a particular province. One may reason that your real intent is to use them to get a nomination for your PR and eventually move on to any province of your choice. That they wouldn't like. So, I suggest that you do not include your profile entry application number in your application for nomination to those provinces. Then send your application to them immediatlely. So, like NS, if they wish to nominate you, they will then ask you to create a profile with EE and submit your no and jobseeker code to them. I don't know exactly how it works with Saskat but there are a lot of explicit info you can glean on. NS has a provision to either provide your EE no or not. So try as mush as possible to apply on time, the time left is reduced. Hope this helps?

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
lyndzkiel said:
hi everyone,

i want to inform that i received an email from nsoi-a letter of intends to refuse my application. Last january i got 68 points but when nsoi released a new point system last May i have only 66 points. I lose 2 points for the experience. Before, 5years of experience will have a 15points but after a new points system was released i got only 66 points. Here is the content of the letter they sent to me. By the way my application was received by nsoi last january 23. Hope this will help to other applicants.

Dear Lyndell Flores:

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Stream and intends to refuse your application.

In order to continue processing your application, additional information is required to be submitted to NSOI within 15 business days of the date of this correspondence. The requested information may be submitted via email, but for ease of reference please ensure that you quote your name and file # xxxxxx.

Additional information required:

1. Copy of passport submitted with application has since expired. Please provide a copy of a valid passport.
2. Have you contacted the National Nursing Assessment Services (http://www.nnas.ca/) to determine what licensing is required to practice in the province of Nova Scotia? What was the outcome?
3. As outlined in the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Application Guide, you must have a score of 67 or higher to qualify. Based on my assessment of your application you have only obtained 66 points. The breakdown at time of application is as follows:
Education – 21 points
Ability in English and/or French – 20 points
Work Experience – 13 points (AL-AHSA Hospital March 13, 2009 – May 11, 2011 2yrs and 2months, King Farhad Medical City November 13, 2011 – January 19, 2015 3yrs and 2 months) Total time: 5yrs and 4 months
Age – 12 points
Arranged Employment in Nova Scotia – 0 points
Adaptability – 0 points.
If you can provide additional information for any of these selection factors that would increase your point score, please provide on or before August 4, 2015.

Should you fail to submit the requested information by August 4, 2015, your application will be refused and your file closed.

If your situation changes and you choose to reapply to the NSNP, we would be happy to assess your new application with the eligibility criteria in place at that time.

Regards,

Nominee Officer JJ
Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
Dear Flores i am sorry to hear about your application status. Just can you tell me how many months have you worked more than five years. i would like to suggest you that check the year and months of your work experience whether it is already reached 6 years or not. when i applied to NS my work experience was 5 years eight months but i mentioned it only in cv. my first job where i worked for only 4 months and I did not mention it in my main application form even i did not provide reference letter although i had this letter. I did not mention it in my main application and provide reference letter because NSOI had asked for only past five years work experience. So i am too much anxious for this. Within august my experience will be 6 years but i am in confusion whether NSOI will consider my application in future as i am may/2015 applicant.
thank you

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
clintroy2 said:
I am concerned now. i followed the instructions exactly and only uploaded my degree, i included the ECA number where it asked for it. Is there a way to appeal anything or they will ask for something if missing? also what is CSE?
Dear clintry
you can check this group discussion where i have found about the refusal case due to ECA and education certificates file attachment.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.0.html
hope this will help you
thank you

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
tan_sur69 said:
It is over 1 month after sending the additional docs request, I have not heard from the nominee officer.
Will one receive a rejection mail from Nova Scotia office of immigration, if the final decision is negative or they do not send negative decision to applicant ?

Seniors, any suggestions ?
dont worry bro you will get nomination soon :)

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
lyndzkiel said:
Hello Canadian Dreamers!

I got my nomination certificate today. My nomination cert # is NS-2015-xx-x154..
Im waiting for the next draw. Hopefuly it will happen this week or by nextweek.
God Bless Everyone! :) ;) :D ;D
Hello Lyndzkiel,
Please can you share how you were able to resolve the issue of nnas.ca for licensure since accordingly to your post dated July 13, 2015, they wrote you a letter of intent to refuse except you provided a valid travel doc and a statement from nnas to determine your eligibility for licensure on or before August 5 or so. Now, you have been nominated by this province. Kindly say how you went about it within 15 days (13th July to 28th July 2015)? Thanks and once more congratulations!

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
silasnjita said:
Hello Guys,

What will NSOI do with the remaining application files,
that is after they must have reached their CAP of 350 nominations?

Are they going to return them to applicants or what??

Thanks
perhaps they will consider it for next year if the scoring system and all other conditions are unchanged.

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
lyndzkiel said:
I was so unlucky. I receiver AOR last May 22 and my score was been affected by their new scoring system which was released last May.
I will try to convince NSOI to consider my work experience from January2015-July2015 while my application was been lodged in NSOI and i have another 5months experience in my home country which i didnt declare with my application because I thought 5years experience from my 2 employers will be enough to get 15 points.
But since Im here in saudi arabia and its holiday here until july 21 due to ramadan-eid. Hopefuly i can get an updated employment certificate from my current employer so that i can submit to NSOI via email.Hoping they will consider my additional documents.
thank you for sharing with us. kindly inform us if you get any decision

wendyluv

Star Member
May 15, 2015
lyndzkiel said:
Hello Canadian Dreamers!

I got my nomination certificate today. My nomination cert # is NS-2015-xx-x154..
Im waiting for the next draw. Hopefuly it will happen this week or by nextweek.
God Bless Everyone! :) ;) :D ;D
congratulations dear... :D

wendyluv

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Novamove said:
Great news to share with you!
I too got nomination certificate today #159.
Waiting for next draw.

Thank you all for your valuable contribution. I will keep on updating here with any further information that i may recieve on further steps.
congratulations nova move.... ;D

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
CADragon said:
Thanks for the info .. you are a Star :)

I am also applying under NOC 1111 :p

The thing is I am going to send my application now (before end of July) .... is this a "too late" timing !

Thanks in advance for any answers and advices !
as per analysis of expert member of this room you are similar to me as late applicant. but carry on your process and keep hope for the rest steps.

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
hope 2015 said:
Hi guys,
If my application hopefully is in 350 cap, I need to know how to manage below problem in my application:
My spouse and I have signed NSNP100 form but we haven't initial that form.(I mean some items in last pages which should be initialed)
what do you think? NSOI may reject my application or I can resend those pages ? ???
most of time the case officer asked for a revised copy so you dont have to be anxious. However everything is depend on the mood of case officer. Just keep a corrected copy in that case you can submit it instantly if they asked for.
thank you