+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Re: Received Communication From Immigration Officer

mapleback said:
Closely matching but not copying word-for-word the identified duties as they are listed on the website, (http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2173) ask your supervisor/hr officer to format the body of the work experience letter somewhat like the following...

To whom it may concern:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this to confirm that Mr. xxx worked as a [job title] at [company name] on a [full time/part time] basis of xx hours a week between the dates of dd/mm/yyyy and dd/mm/yyyy. Mr. xxx's main duties during this employment consisted of the following:

[summary of duty 1]
[summary of duty 2]
[summary of duty 3]
[summary of duty 4]
[summary of duty 5]
[summary of duty 6]
[summary of duty 7]
[summary of duty 8]
[summary of duty 9]
[summary of duty 10]

During this employment Mr. xxx ‘s starting annual salary was $x and final annual salary when he left the position was $y.

[closing statement]

Yours faithfully
[Manager's name and signature Designation]
[ Company Stamp & Seal]

A good job related reference letter gives many details. It lists the projects you worked on, and the achievements you accomplished. Very importantly, it should also describe your day-to-day duties and tasks. These daily tasks may seem mundane, but they often demonstrate that you perform the duties of a certain position, and that you possess the required basic skills. It is important that the letter demonstrates that you know the basic skills of your position, and that you have already been trained in them. At a minimum, the letter should state your position, the length of your employment, salary, and a summary of your duties.

Letters that only indicate position, salary, and a statement that “he was a very good employee and we would hire him again” are not be sufficient! These letters are missing the important details of the applicant's roles and responsibilities while working with the company and will cause rejection of your application. Luckily NSNP operates in lenient way where they give us an opportunity to make clarifications before rejection.

Letters from your current and former (if any) employers describing your work experience are a very important part of your application. These letters should be detailed and must show the Canadian Immigration officer that you performed certain work activities for a specific duration in accordance with your skills and qualifications. It is also advisable to include a few pay stubs or copies of work contracts if available. It is highly advisable that the letter is on the company's original letterhead, showing the company's full address, contact details, and be stamped with the company's official seal. Importantly, the letter should include contact details and signature for the person that wrote the letter.

Good luck...
Hello Mapleback,

Thanks for this update;

Must the salary be included in the work reference letter?

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Hello Guys,
Anyone here whose occupation is NOC 2171 - Information Systems Analyst & Consultants?

Specifically SAP Consultant..

Thanks

rhy2014

Sep 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello People,

Thank you all for the input in this thread, it has been very helpful. I checked the list of the applicants who have applied so far. How do you guys know when NS has received your application? I sent a courier to Halifax on 22 May 2015 and have yet not heard from them about my application. I called their office to ask and they said 'Due to high volume, we may take up to 5 months to reach a file'. My query is

1. How did you know the date they received the application? Did they reply with an email or something?

2. The 'total points' mentioned in that document, what're those about?

3. Don't we have to send the documents directly to Halifax, why have people sent to the regional Visa Offices?

Please help
Thanks

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
chitra84 said:
Thanks buddy...wish me luck in the further processing
I wish you the best of luck for the remaining process.

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
rhy2014 said:
Hello People,

Thank you all for the input in this thread, it has been very helpful. I checked the list of the applicants who have applied so far. How do you guys know when NS has received your application? I sent a courier to Halifax on 22 May 2015 and have yet not heard from them about my application. I called their office to ask and they said 'Due to high volume, we may take up to 5 months to reach a file'. My query is

1. How did you know the date they received the application? Did they reply with an email or something?

2. The 'total points' mentioned in that document, what're those about?

3. Don't we have to send the documents directly to Halifax, why have people sent to the regional Visa Offices?

Please help
Thanks
You are new so I understand your confusion. First when you send your parcel to NSOI in Halifax you will not receive any mail from them, you can only get the date your parcel was recieved from the courier company.
Then you need 67 points to apply for this NS Demand Entry, you should check out the website/application guidelines to calculate your scores. Thirdly, you send your parcel to Halifax but you indicate your visa office and it's up to CIC to send your package to the visa office in charge of your country for further processing. I wish you the best.

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
Re: Received Communication From Immigration Officer

silasnjita said:
Hello Mapleback,

Thanks for this update;

Must the salary be included in the work reference letter?
It is highly recommended for you to go by the application guides or checklists as much as possible.

Please refer to item 12 for work experience on the document checklist http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

krishan1310

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa till 30th October 2015, New Delhi after 31st October
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
26th Oct 2015 Sch 4 request
AOR Received.
22nd Oct 2015 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NDVO on 31st October 2015 as per GCMS
Med's Request
same day of AOR
Med's Done....
26th Oct 2015
Interview........
not needed at this time
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
i've just got the mail from NSNP that the stream is still open for applicant and to get the file open status it could take upto 5 months or more.

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
InShaA said:
Even I am wondering if still January application are being processed or February has started
Insha, applicants upto Feb 2 have started to be processed. Join our whatsapp group of more than 80 active applicants. PM me if u want to be added to the group.