+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA PNP Journey

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
Guys was anyone of you who who have received an email from NS about connection in the province after lodging their application online? Just wondering cause I saw one who was asked about it.

ystella_16

Nov 3, 2019
I think its a clarification about their intention to settle in Canada. If you’re very clear and made it specific to answer that part in the application then the IO will not ask you more questions.

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Quick update on NSNP application

October 28 - received LOI
November 12 - submitted application
November 14 - completeness check done with file number

Please share your timelines as well to determine their efficiency on processing of our documents.
Wow That was fast, sure will update timelines good luck!:);)

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Hi everyone, we got an email today for additional reference needed for reference letters. Do wee have a thread here for it .need help on this, thanks! D

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) Labour Market Priorities Stream. To continue processing your application the following additional information is required:

• Letter(s) of reference demonstrating 3 or more years of experience as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse (NOC 3012) and meeting the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which qualified (offers of employment, contracts, employee identification, pay slips, etc. are not acceptable supporting documents of work experience in the absence of letters of reference).

* Letters of reference must be written on the employer’s letterhead, be signed by the responsible human resources officer, supervisor, or manager, show the employer’s full address, telephone number, e-mail and website addresses and be stamped with the employer’s official seal (if applicable). Each letter must contain the specific period of employment with the employer, the positions held during the period of employment and time spent in each position, main responsibilities and duties in each position, annual salary plus benefits in each position, the number of hours worked for each position, and proof that work experience meets the lead statement and the majority (at least 51%) of the main duties as set out in NOC 2016, found here.

** If employer(s) have a corporate policy in place that prevents them from indicating certain details in the letter of reference as detailed above, provide proof of this policy along with notarized affidavits from superiors declaring the required information as well as their role within the organization.

keepGoing31

Feb 11, 2019
Hi everyone, we got an email today for additional reference needed for reference letters. Do wee have a thread here for it .need help on this, thanks! D

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) Labour Market Priorities Stream. To continue processing your application the following additional information is required:

• Letter(s) of reference demonstrating 3 or more years of experience as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse (NOC 3012) and meeting the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which qualified (offers of employment, contracts, employee identification, pay slips, etc. are not acceptable supporting documents of work experience in the absence of letters of reference).

* Letters of reference must be written on the employer’s letterhead, be signed by the responsible human resources officer, supervisor, or manager, show the employer’s full address, telephone number, e-mail and website addresses and be stamped with the employer’s official seal (if applicable). Each letter must contain the specific period of employment with the employer, the positions held during the period of employment and time spent in each position, main responsibilities and duties in each position, annual salary plus benefits in each position, the number of hours worked for each position, and proof that work experience meets the lead statement and the majority (at least 51%) of the main duties as set out in NOC 2016, found here.

** If employer(s) have a corporate policy in place that prevents them from indicating certain details in the letter of reference as detailed above, provide proof of this policy along with notarized affidavits from superiors declaring the required information as well as their role within the organization.
Hi! I think the first document is just verifying how well you have understood the process of becoming a registered nurse in their province as an international educated nurse.

The second one, it will be better to secure the letter of reference with the complete details that they mentioned from your employers. You can ask your employers to make a reference letter based on your needs.

ystella_16

Nov 3, 2019
Hi guys! I received an email from NSOI that they are in the process of nominating me but said there is an error while trying to notify the IRCC with my EE application number. Is there anyone with the same situation as mine?

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Hi! I think the first document is just verifying how well you have understood the process of becoming a registered nurse in their province as an international educated nurse.

The second one, it will be better to secure the letter of reference with the complete details that they mentioned from your employers. You can ask your employers to make a reference letter based on your needs.
Thanks for your reply. Do we need to copy the exact statements indicated in the NOC 2016 for registered nurses?