+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nov'13 application. No MR Yet Should i be worried?

ellamavanseyal

Aug 22, 2013
Dear All

I am a Nov-2013 application. My application was received on Nov-6-2013 and received by AOR on DEC-11th. I see people who have applied later than me, have begun to receive MR. But not for me yet. Should i be worried? or are there people who have applied before me are yet to receive MR.

I had applied for GCMS and it has been 3 weeks and havent received yet. No possible way for me to find why this delay.

any suggestions or assistance you can offer me is greatly valued.

Thanks

lalithaditya215

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
Jan-07-2014
Med's Request
May-29-2014
Med's Done....
June-29-2014
Passport Req..
July-17-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep-02-20114
Its very common that, some people get MR quicker. Actual MR flow started only this week...

You can get GCMS only after 30 days...

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
No, you shouldn't be worried, you should wait.
Wait and read > http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/faqs/-but-other-applications-are-being-processed-faster-thats-not-fair-what-can-i-do

ellamavanseyal

Aug 22, 2013
Thanks to you all.. I made a mistake twice. Instead of applying for GCMS notes, i made a request for Physical Files and instead they sent me the scanned copies of my application and that too twice. I hope the delay isnt for any major reasons...

flapmyp

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
im a nov 4 app , n still waitin ... :'( i dont know maybe its being delayed cuz i submited 2013's t4 last month ,

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Status updated on ECAS on 6th June 2014
I have submitted around 5 - 6 updates to CEC. Please let me know will these cause delays as I have submitted the updates to my application several times.
1) Cancellation of Representative
2) Update of my email id
3) Update of Address
4) Called the customer care number to see is they have my latest email id updated on their system. since I am not getting any mails I though to check with them once.
5) Sent my child birth certificate born in Canada.
6) Sent Upfront medical details

All these updates are common, except the point 4, where I called the customer care to know the status. I shouldn't have called them and keep my contacts as minimum with them.

Please let me know if due to these reasons will it impact my application?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
A November applicant? Did I read that right? It's only been six months... MRs for me and other August applicants took around seven months. It's too early to speak of any delay. It's too early to start panicking or worrying about GCMS notes.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
LPS said:
A November applicant? Did I read that right? It's only been six months... MRs for me and other August applicants took around seven months. It's too early to speak of any delay. It's too early to start panicking or worrying about GCMS notes.
People start to freak if their applications takes only one day longer than another applicants application. It's just the
way it is. ::) ::) I tried to tell them a million times that processing times vary, A LOT, but no one likes to hear that.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
@LPS/Toby:

I also get tempted to fall into that self-entitlement trap whenever I see applicants after me getting a PPR.
But then, I see also those earlier than me which have been waiting longer than myself and has no clue what's happening, and I feel bad as I can't even imagine their agony.

Here's my take:
from CIC's perspective: if your processing time is still within CIC's published normal timelines, then you're good, regardless of what's happening to applicants before or after you.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MenicMonday said:
@ LPS/Toby:

I also get tempted to fall into that self-entitlement trap whenever I see applicants after me getting a PPR.
But then, I see also those earlier than me which have been waiting longer than myself and has no clue what's happening, and I feel bad as I can't even imagine their agony.
Yeah, the anxiousness of waiting could get the worst out of us. But we should be thankful considering many people may not be as lucky as us.

MenicMonday said:
@ LPS/Toby:

Here's my take:
from CIC's perspective: if your processing time is still within CIC's published normal timelines, then you're good, regardless of what's happening to applicants before or after you.
Unfortunately, average processing time for CEC is 13 months. A lot of us are lucky to get everything in 6-7 months, but others can only reach CIC for complaint in another 6-7 months, which is double our processing time. I hope all of us here will be the luckier bunch~

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
It took thirteen months for 80% of cases that were "processed" (I guess this means, "completed") in the year ending 30 September.

On the other hand, reported timelines on this forum are more like eight months, for those who landed recently and whose cases were straightforward.

It could just be that about a quarter of people have some kind of complications that drag their cases out for a few more months.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Or it could be that a lof of people in this forum are well-informed, and that may help a lot with more effective processing times. And also luck factor!

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
LPS said:
It took thirteen months for 80% of cases that were "processed" (I guess this means, "completed") in the year ending 30 September.

On the other hand, reported timelines on this forum are more like eight months, for those who landed recently and whose cases were straightforward.

It could just be that about a quarter of people have some kind of complications that drag their cases out for a few more months.
Even though the website says the info is updated quarterly (which was the case in July (it was 12 months then) and Oct 2013), I'm guessing they're not updating with the reduced processing time since imagine what will happen if they suddenly post 9 months there; a lot of follow-ups will happen.

The 13 months gives them a breathing room.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
That's true as well. As they say, under-promise, over-deliver. I don't think the 13 month figure will even come down that much because again, we are talking about that fraction of cases that do have complications that extend the process by a few months.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just remember that we are only a small sample compared to the total bulk of applicants. Our average might be much faster due how well informed we are. And then of course underpromise and overdeliver! At the end of the day, we can only chase them when we passed that average processing time, which could be almost double our "real" processing time...