+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exam"?

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
I got the notice to prepare for my exams on Jan 3rd 2014, which is dated Dec 20 2013 on the letter.
I have called CIC- Call center and the agent over the phone advised me that, they are doing background check on your application.
so I can't say when will your test occur, but I advised you to start preparing for your exams.
Things are moving it seems for whoever got the notification to prepare! Hang in there

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my test date as Feb 24th at St. Claire office. I got the letter very much in advance considering that most of them get 2 weeks max. My friend who attended test recently at Mississauga office was given oath date the following week. 1 week after the test date. So what are the timelines like for the oath at the St. Claire office once the test is done.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR said:
I got my test date as Feb 24th at St. Claire office. I got the letter very much in advance considering that most of them get 2 weeks max. My friend who attended test recently at Mississauga office was given oath date the following week. 1 week after the test date. So what are the timelines like for the oath at the St. Claire office once the test is done.
Did you get RQ before?

miaho

Jul 29, 2013
I got the notice to prepare for my exams early Jan 2014, today I called CIC and she won't tell me anything expect that my file is in St.Clair and if I didn't get the test date by August (that will be 35 months) give them a call.:(

afghanboy

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
24-09-2013 to ISB; 01-27-2014 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2014 Khudaya Shukor!
LANDED..........
Its my choice now! :D
Hi everyone,

I would like to share my Dad's timeline who is 59 years old.

Timeline:
Received application on March 27, 2012
Start processing the application on November 01, 2012
RQ Received January 2013 (Sent back Feb 2013)
Received a "Prepare for Exam" letter on January 03, 2014...letter dated December 23, 2013
Still waiting for the next step!!

And his letter is processing in Mississauga's office along with a minor daughter (under 18) which she also got the letter of "Prepare for Exam" at the same time as my dad got.

So, Since my dad is 59 and my sister is 17, they are both excluded to give the citizenship test. So does anyone know what would be the next step? Would it be an oath ceremony letter?

I hope they get a good news soon because we are going to travel as a family in few months!

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have contacted CIC- Call center, today in the morning, I have a got very unresponsive response.
I told agent I have got the notice to prepare for my exams, asked him does my background check done, no it is still under process, I asked him when will I get my test date, and he replied most likely in August, Holy cow, compare to other timelines, I am way behind, but as per this forum I understand that CIC- call center did not provide us the accurate information, sometime they are making their way to shut down the phone.
I have applied for my PR renewal, in September -2013 and I asked him specific questions, why there is no decision on my application, however I have not received any letter to provide them with a extra documents, or evidence. and he is saying me there is delay, that's catch my attention, he checked the file again and told me officer did not put any remark, asking for extra evidence. delay is the only reason if officer asked for extra documents. so why he is telling me unfortunately your file is delayed, I don't think this is accurate info.
I am here in Canada for last 5 years, and made 2 visits which is totaling about 100 days.

Does anyone have similar experience.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miaho said:
I got the notice to prepare for my exams early Jan 2014, today I called CIC and she won't tell me anything expect that my file is in St.Clair and if I didn't get the test date by Auguest (that will be 35 months) give them a call.:(
I have contacted CIC- Call center, today in the morning, I have a got very unresponsive response.
I told agent I have got the notice to prepare for my exams, asked him does my background check done, no it is still under process, I asked him when will I get my test date, and he replied most likely in August, Holy cow, compare to other timelines, I am way behind, but as per this forum I understand that CIC- call center did not provide us the accurate information, sometime they are making their way to shut down the phone. I think CIC- call center agent give everyone same piece of donuts. they are saying most likely in AUGUST.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok...So I have the "Notice to prepare for test" Just like you all.

I called CIC this morning and I did not get much info from them.

I was told that I have sent them all the required documents as requested in RQ and that there is nothing I can do but wait.

I asked him if I can expect a test date within the next 2-3 months and he mentioned that it could take 2 months or 2 years...cannot be predicted.

I guess this is going to be a long wait :(

sunireddy

Sep 11, 2012
afghanboy said:
Hi everyone,

I would like to share my Dad's timeline who is 59 years old.

Timeline:
Received application on March 27, 2012
Start processing the application on November 01, 2012
RQ Received January 2013 (Sent back Feb 2013)
Received a "Prepare for Exam" letter on January 03, 2014...letter dated December 23, 2013
Still waiting for the next step!!

And his letter is processing in Mississauga's office along with a minor daughter (under 18) which she also got the letter of "Prepare for Exam" at the same time as my dad got.

So, Since my dad is 59 and my sister is 17, they are both excluded to give the citizenship test. So does anyone know what would be the next step? Would it be an oath ceremony letter?

I hope they get a good news soon because we are going to travel as a family in few months!
They will be called in for Document Verification/Identity Check (aka Interview) with the immigration officer which will last upto 5-10 minutes. They will check the originals of passport, IDs, PR Card etc and ask questions to know if you are in trouble with police/immigration. Oath is next step after this, will be another 2-4 months wait.

afghanboy

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
24-09-2013 to ISB; 01-27-2014 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2014 Khudaya Shukor!
LANDED..........
Its my choice now! :D
Hi Sunireddy!

Thanks for your kind response. I'm just wondering that did u had a similar case like this before or else how would you know that I have to wait 2-4 more months?

My dad actually call CIC today morning and the officer basically told him the same thing u said that he will get a letter in a mail which will ask him to bring couple ID's and passport etc and maybe have an interview with a judge but they didn't told him like how long would it take more....

sunireddy

Sep 11, 2012
afghanboy said:
Hi Sunireddy!

Thanks for your kind response. I'm just wondering that did u had a similar case like this before or else how would you know that I have to wait 2-4 more months?

My dad actually call CIC today morning and the officer basically told him the same thing u said that he will get a letter in a mail which will ask him to bring couple ID's and passport etc and maybe have an interview with a judge but they didn't told him like how long would it take more....
My dad who is 65 went for interview last week. Towards the end of the interview, the officer said she is satisfied with the file and my dad should receive the oath in 2-4 months.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
got my ATIP NOTE..
RESIDENCE CONCERN TO BE ASSESSED AT INERVIEW, HOWEVER I HAVE NOT BEEN INVITED FOR A TEST, SO IT SHOULD BE AN INTERVIEW FIRST, OR I HAVE A CITIZENSHIP TEST FIRST

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
got my ATIP NOTE..
RESIDENCE CONCERN TO BE ASSESSED AT INERVIEW, HOWEVER I HAVE NOT BEEN INVITED FOR A TEST, SO IT SHOULD BE AN INTERVIEW FIRST, OR I HAVE A CITIZENSHIP TEST FIRST
I think test then interview