+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exam"?

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
windowwriter said:
Dear All,

I receive the notice to appear for the writing exam today.
my case's process(in Vancouver):
2012 Jun 4- applied
3013 Jan 4-in process
2013 Jun 29-received the RQ, I send the RQ docs to CIC on Aug.
2013 Dec 23 received the "Notice to prepare the citizenship exam"
2014 Jan 24 received the "Notice to appear-to write a citizenship t est..."(the letter was send on Jan 20 2014, but web updated on the same day since I received the letter.

I pray a lot, thanks Lord, it comes true.
Goodluck to all RQs.
Congrats: When is the test date? was the ecas updated today? did you check yesterday?

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moosh said:
Congrats: When is the test date? was the ecas updated today? did you check yesterday?
I just tried to check on my e-cas and the service is down......they must be updating the database, I hope

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
look4d said:
I hope so, it is still down
It is good to be hopeful but i wanted to emphasize they are better ways to update a database then showing up a 503 service unavailable error! unless they have announced somewhere on cic about updates i wouldnt jump to the conclusion that the database is being updated.

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
It is good to be hopeful but i wanted to emphasize they are better ways to update a database then showing up a 503 service unavailable error! unless they have announced somewhere on cic about updates i wouldnt jump to the conclusion that the database is being updated.
I do not think they announce with bells and whistles when they update their data base, it is an operation they do regularly, they update on new policies, new forms, new requirements, new laws. They have updated their data base since April at least three times in my case and I am sure they update it regularly for other cases.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
FL1040 said:
I do not think they announce with bells and whistles when they update their data base, it is an operation they do regularly, they update on new policies, new forms, new requirements, new laws. They have updated their data base since April at least three times in my case and I am sure they update it regularly for other cases.
most sites/services now a days don't need to be taken down for updates, they can happen in real-time. btw ecas is back online.

windowwriter

Dec 26, 2013
moosh said:
my test date is on Jan 4, 2014. The letter was recived on the same day(Jan 23, 2014 )when web info was updated.

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
Going for citizenship test in less than 2 weeks now in Mississauga.
Received the letter this week and then my e-cas changed to reflect the change next time I checked which was about 5 days later.

Best of luck, everybody!

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
most sites/services now a days don't need to be taken down for updates, they can happen in real-time. btw ecas is back online.
This is a Regular System Configuration, that CIC do, every quarter, there would be some updates on CIC websites.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Guys I finally got a test date! im writing mine on Feb 21st, the letter was sent on January 24th! so happy now. good luck to the rest.

saggi_amy

Feb 19, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I just checked this forum after about a week and so glad to read about people starting to receive test invites. I too got the notice to prepare for test back in Dec 2013 and looking at this thread I feel I might be getting the invite soon. I tried checking ecas this morning but it's showing a blank page. I have tried 3 different types of browsers but same thing. Is something wrong with the application status page? Can one of you please try and let me know if it's just my PC or the website has issues.

All the best to the ones going for their tests soon and also to the ones waiting for the invite like me.

Thanks

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
Guys I finally got a test date! im writing mine on Feb 21st, the letter was sent on January 24th! so happy now. good luck to the rest.
when did you submit your application and what city are you in?

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saggi_amy said:
Hello Everyone,

I just checked this forum after about a week and so glad to read about people starting to receive test invites. I too got the notice to prepare for test back in Dec 2013 and looking at this thread I feel I might be getting the invite soon. I tried checking ecas this morning but it's showing a blank page. I have tried 3 different types of browsers but same thing. Is something wrong with the application status page? Can one of you please try and let me know if it's just my PC or the website has issues.

All the best to the ones going for their tests soon and also to the ones waiting for the invite like me.

Thanks
You should be getting your test date soon. I think everyone who got the notice to prepare letter are due for a test date. The status website is working now. it was down in the morning.