+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exam"?

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've heard that the test letters received by people who got "Notice to Prepare" are purple ?

Can anyone confirm this ?

Appreciate it.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sensum said:
Hello, I'm new here myself. Once you get your test letter, you can email it to grandsuperior @ musician.org I'd like to read it.

Kind Regards,
people can only keep you posted on the status, not gonna send you the letter.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moosh said:
I've heard that the test letters received by people who got "Notice to Prepare" are purple ?

Can anyone confirm this ?

Appreciate it.
Not the notice to prepare, that was white (CIT 0521). The 2nd letter that came in CIT 0023 which states your test date and location is purple that was sent to us

Thanks

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:
Not the notice to prepare, that was white (CIT 0521). The 2nd letter that came in CIT 0023 which states your test date and location is purple that was sent to us

Thanks
Normally for routine applications (no pretest rq), the test letter is yellow. For notice to prepare recipients its purple. I wonder if this means anything?

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moosh said:
Normally for routine applications (no pretest rq), the test letter is yellow. For notice to prepare recipients its purple. I wonder if this means anything?
What if the letter is brownish???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moosh said:
Possibly something new because CIT 0521 has 12-2013 on the bottom, and so does the CIT 0023 (in purple) that i received also has 12-2013 -- so print dates indicate very recent.

Kakaji

Jan 23, 2014
rfalcantara said:
Hello all,

I was looking through all your posts here and I got a sense that your general timelines are still okay. I applied for my Citizenship in Feb 2010 - I've already taken the Citizenship test on Feb 2011, when I got the RQ. It's now Jan 2014 and NOTHING! I got the same letter mentioned bellow, which was sent to my old address, of course, the same address I haven't lived in years and had been updated on their webpage.

My heart just sinks to the fact that people who have been for much less time have already got their Citizenship. I guess we only need to wait...

Same here, They sent the "notice to prepare for..." to my old address, even though the RQ was sent to me at the updated address, and the address is updated online long time before ! I have written to them regarding this error.
My timeline:
Applied Jan 2012, RQ Nov 2012, Submitted Dec 2012, Notice to prepare... Dec 2013. The online status remains constant at " In Process" since Oct 2012

mattias

Jan 24, 2014
i have been following this forum for a long time, so here is my timeline:

- applied for citizenship July 2012
- got pre-test RQ in July 2013 from Scarborough Office (i sent my RQ back a month later)
- notice to prepare for exam in January 2014 from St. Claire Office (dated December 2013)
- yesterday i got test invitation for St. Claire Office for February 2014, yaaay
CiC is definitely working on pre-test RQs!!! Let`s hope that Oath is not going to take too long!

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
moosh said:
I haven't been requested RQ so far, my test appt. is in 2 weeks in Mississauga.
My envelope was brownish and the letter inside is in white paper...

lifeincqm

Jan 16, 2014
Re: "Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exam"?...........I had test

Dear RQ Friends,

I had my Citizenship test yesterday 23/1/2014 at 8:15am (CIC Montreal)

Before the test date :

Made the photocopy and carried originals of Citizenship test letter, Passport pages,Landing paper, PR card, Driving license, Health card and other documents which I had submitted with RQ application.

Studied and listened to Discovery Canada. Made important notes. Read them.

At the day of TEST :

Arrived 8:00 am 15 minutes early

Security and the entrance checked my citizenship test letter

Got into assembly hall where about 380 candidates sitting and waiting for next action.

At 8:15 am CIC Staff called for candidates with 8:15 am schedule for the test

We entered to a room where test being conducted ...Pencil and eraser was provided

CIC staff instructed the rules of the test.......Took about 15 minutes

Around 8:30 Answer sheets and Question booklet was given...............20 questions ...multiple choice Q and A

If you studied Discovery Canada booklet you will not have any problem in answering those questions... I took about 10 minutes... REVIEWED my answer another 5 minutes....total 15 minutes.............handed over the question booklet + answer sheet

When exited entered another hall with candidates waiting for interview. In that hall there where 4 officer conducting the interviews

Each officer collected the documents and test results and reviwed for 2 to 3 minutes and called the candidate name for the interview

My name was called....went to.........She greeted did the same

Asked my original landing, passport, driving and health card

Asked about my recent visit aboard

Asked about my employment

Asked about my financial support

She noted all that on the assessment sheet

She said I have scored 19/20 in Citizenship test

Now my file will be sent to Citizenship Judge

To my question : Do I need to see Citizenship Judge ? she replied if needed will be informed ..........or Oath.

Returned my originals.......................not even asked any photocopies..................about 15-20 minutes

Thank you......She left her table

Thats it............I went out with a hope

All the best my RQ friends

winterman

Dec 30, 2013
Lifeincqm,

Thanks again for sharing the detailed test experience. All citizenship applications must be approved by a citizenship judge, even those who did not receive RQ. Now, depending on what the citizenship officer has wrote on your file the judge may just sign the application without hearing or may invite you for a hearing. In most cases the hearing does not happen unless there is something in your file that is questionable and the officer feels he/she does not have enough authority to make the decision, e.g. is when you have short residence days; or criminal prohibitions, etc.
The fact that the officer did not ask any question in your interview that you did not answer, is a good sign and shows that most likely you will have no problem and "fingers crossed" you will receive your oath letter very soon.

Let's hope for the best for all RQ and non-RQ applicants :)

Cheers

windowwriter

Dec 26, 2013
Dear All,

I receive the notice to appear for the writing exam today.
my case's process(in Vancouver):
2012 Jun 4- applied
3013 Jan 4-in process
2013 Jun 29-received the RQ, I send the RQ docs to CIC on Aug.
2013 Dec 23 received the "Notice to prepare the citizenship exam"
2014 Jan 24 received the "Notice to appear-to write a citizenship t est..."(the letter was send on Jan 20 2014, but web updated on the same day since I received the letter.

I pray a lot, thanks Lord, it comes true.
Goodluck to all RQs.