+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exam"?

ontariomaple

Dec 19, 2012
Folks,
Here is my timeline:
Jun 12, 2012 - application received & acknowledging receipt sent back
Dec 23, 2012 - RQ received
Feb 1, 2013 - RQ sent back the
Dec 29, 2013 - Received "Notice to prepare the citizenship exam" (from St. Clair office)
Jan 25, 2013 - "Notice to appear and write the citizenship test"
Feb 20, 2014 - Citizenship test date
Good luck to everybody!

Halawala

Mar 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys who did their exam last week and this
Week please share with us your experience.
Thanks

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
Halawala said:
Thanks
There are many posts about that in this forum... Find them and read them!

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Halawala said:
Thanks
I had mine Thursday Jan 30. Pretty packed room - i'd say about 120-150 people. Test was straight forward - i read the book and did the online practice tests. Finished mine in 10 minutes and submitted and waited for my name to be called. Had my interview, very good overall, nice cordial agent. Main concern was my ins and outs of the country - all were vacations. I took all ticket receipts, she simply ticked them off my RQ that I had submitted to them. She verified off my passport, we chatted about work etc. She said she was satisfied and putting this forward to the judge and they will contact me for the oath. She said things are moving fast (which is great news) so it might even be quicker than the 2-4 month period! I was happy, interview was under 10 minutes I'd say. Agent was very cordial. Oh and I got 20/20 on the test :)

Will keep you posted once the oath invite comes in. We are almost there!

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Thank you for sharing your experience .Congrats!!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:
I had mine Thursday Jan 30. Pretty packed room - i'd say about 120-150 people. Test was straight forward - i read the book and did the online practice tests. Finished mine in 10 minutes and submitted and waited for my name to be called. Had my interview, very good overall, nice cordial agent. Main concern was my ins and outs of the country - all were vacations. I took all ticket receipts, she simply ticked them off my RQ that I had submitted to them. She verified off my passport, we chatted about work etc. She said she was satisfied and putting this forward to the judge and they will contact me for the oath. She said things are moving fast (which is great news) so it might even be quicker than the 2-4 month period! I was happy, interview was under 10 minutes I'd say. Agent was very cordial. Oh and I got 20/20 on the test :)

Will keep you posted once the oath invite comes in. We are almost there!
Where did you take the test? Congrats!!! almost there.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:
St Clair, Toronto. You did your test too right - any news yet?
Yes, I did. No news yet. Vancouver is slow as always. St Clair will be way faster.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nguyentu2001 said:
Yes, I did. No news yet. Vancouver is slow as always. St Clair will be way faster.
I think we might be all getting lucky. A friend of mine applied for citizenship in April 2013 (she was non-RQ) but she got her test last week and her oath yesterday!! The interviewer herself told me that they're moving things very fast and if cit judge approves then oath will be fast. I wouldn't mind that :)

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:
I think we might be all getting lucky. A friend of mine applied for citizenship in April 2013 (she was non-RQ) but she got her test last week and her oath yesterday!! The interviewer herself told me that they're moving things very fast and if cit judge approves then oath will be fast. I wouldn't mind that :)
Yes, it probably takes longer for RQed ones. I am crossing my fingers.

Kakaji

Jan 23, 2014
Got the citizenship TEST letter at last ! Feb 24, 2014 at St Clair.

Timeline:
Application sent Jan 2012
RQ received: Nov 2012
RQ Sent: Dec 2012
Notice to prepare for test letter: Jan 1st week 2013
Notice to write test letter received: Jan 31, 2013

they sent the letter to my old address, even though they have the updated address in their file (online, and RQ letter) :eek:

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got the notice to prepare for my exams on Jan 3rd 2014, which is dated Dec 20 2013 on the letter.
I have called CIC- Call center and the agent over the phone advised me that, they are doing background check on your application.
so I can't say when will your test occur, but I advised you to start preparing for your exams.