+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exam"?

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
This letter must be definitely for RQ recipients only, as I have not received anything like that! (no RQ).

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
This letter must be definitely for RQ recipients only, as I have not received anything like that! (no RQ).
Yeah, you got it right, this notice have only issued to RQ recipient.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
Yeah, you got it right, this notice have only issued to RQ recipient.
oh I see. Thanks for explaining.
At least you have something!!! ^_^

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
Hi everyone !!
I have received a notice to prepare for citizenship exam.

My timeline:
Applied Sep-2012
In process- Feb-2013
RQ requested- April-2013
RE sent- May-2013
last update : Notice to prepare for exam on December-2013 which I have received it today in mail box.

I don't know what next !!!
My timeline is similar to yourss. I sent my RQ back in May 2013 but I didnt get any letter reg. test. I recon this is good news for you.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nguyentu2001 said:
oh I see. Thanks for explaining.
At least you have something!!! ^_^
you will also get some news, i am not really excited cuz this letter only give hope for another letter. i don't know how long it would take for my test.. months or year i don't know

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soopergal said:
am4u2ster - Where is your file? Mine is at St. Clair.
my file is at st.claire, and i have received this letter from st.claire office itself. check your mail box today hopefully you will also get this letter

winterman

Dec 30, 2013
I just called again and the call center agent said: You will probably get a test date sometime between now and May 2015 (16 months)! He clearly said that the letter meant nothing more than what we knew before! Anyways, I believe these agents do not know much about what is going on in the local offices and they just tell you whatever they feel!

arminbehzad

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Winterman It is so sad to hear something like that. Hopefully she is wrong.
As usual we have to be patient. I hope all RQed people get their test soooon as well as myself. As Andy Robison says in the movie The Shawshank Redemption: "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things".

lucycrow

Jan 14, 2014
Hi There

I have also received the Notice to Prepare for Citizenship exam letter from the St Clair Office today. We applied Nov 2012, received RQ June 2013 and returned July 2013.

I have never been able to check my case status online. I checked again today and still says the following:

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet."

I have tried every available reference number on the cic website. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Lucy

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lucycrow said:
I have never been able to check my case status online.
I highly recommend you contact the CIC helpline to see if they can resolve this issue for you.

Halawala

Mar 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
The funniest thing that every time some one call CIC call center will have different answer, I called them and they said my citizenship exam will be in the coming 6 months.
I wish this is true.

arminbehzad

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arminbehzad said:
@ Winterman It is so sad to hear something like that. Hopefully she is wrong.
As usual we have to be patient. I hope all RQed people get their test soooon as well as myself. As Andy Robison says in the movie The Shawshank Redemption: "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things".
Oh My dear lord.
Guys, I just checked my ecas, and see what I saw. :eek:
We sent you a notice on January 13, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 28, 2014 at 10:03 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment.

I still can't believe it. :eek: :eek: :eek: :'( I have not received the actual letter yet. Keep checking your Ecas guys.

One more thing anybody knows why 10:03?!!! is it typo or something. I wish all of you that been RQed get this letter soon.

AS I SAID HOPE IS A GOOD THING.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Hi arminbehzad
Were you an RQ recipient? and did you receive the initial Notice to prepare for you citizenship exam prior to seeing your ecas change?

arminbehzad said:
Oh My dear lord.
Guys, I just checked my ecas, and see what I saw. :eek:
We sent you a notice on January 13, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 28, 2014 at 10:03 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment.

I still can't believe it. :eek: :eek: :eek: :'( I have not received the actual letter yet. Keep checking your Ecas guys.

One more thing anybody knows why 10:03?!!! is it typo or something. I wish all of you that been RQed get this letter soon.

AS I SAID HOPE IS A GOOD THING.