+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exam"?

maomao

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
look4d said:
Hi all,
I have just received those letters for my wife and my kids in the mail today, the strange thing that I didn't receive mine, I called CIC and they told me there was an error in the system and they sent mine to my address back home (not in Canada), and she said she corrected that and I should receive one to my mail here shortly.

Do you think they sent it to my origin country intentionally to test something?

I asked her if my RQ is assigned to an officer yet, she said yes early this month, and as I got this letter we should receive the test letter in spring , it might be a good news, at least we have now a timeline if she was giving me the right info.

One thing I was unhappy with as well, that my minor kids received the same letters, I asked her is this an error, she said that if they turned 18 at the time of test invitation then they have to take the test, regardless of the fact they were minors at the time of initial application, please let me know what do you think about that.

Cheers

Hi can u share your timeline? Thanks

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
I got the same letter today in mail. I noticed an officer initialed it, I am not sure those who got duplicate copies of this letter had the same official signing them.

Eitherways I noticed from my ATIP, my criminal and immigration checks have passed. There is an entry for "Request Security Clearance" which is left blank also and entry named "CSIS Clearance" which is also left blank.

Who does the Security clearance checks? Would it be CBSA? I gave them permission in my RQ to fetch records from CBSA.

I am just hoping we are not forced to see a judge and that the interview test will offer a conclusive answer from cic to determine residency for most of us.

I am curious to know if anyone got a test date and the timeframe of the test notice from receiving this notice. Are you guys going to start preparing for the test? I think its actually decent of CIC to send out a notice ahead of time letting us know that we should prepare for the exam and if all goes well we get to do the test very soon!

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have contacted the CIC-call center, and call center representative advised me that, I have verified the status of your application, there is notice to write a test a soon, so they might call you to write a test soon, so start preparing for the exams. however I have not received any notice so far, even my ecas has not been updated. in this scenario I asked him why my ecas is not up to date, and he replied it is not necessary that they will update your status every now and then, then I asked him how am I suppose to know the status of my application, and he replied if you have any query you can call us anytime, and we will provide you the most up to date updates on your application.

Timeline
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 10, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on February 1, 2013.

4. RQ received on April 15th 2013.
5.RQ sent of Mid of May 2013.
6.Last update as of yesterday, as per call center agent, they will send me a notice, to prepare for the exam which I have not received yet.

My local office is Mississauga, and RQ has been sent to st.claire.
I am wondering I have not received a letter from them so far, when would I expect a notice letter.

shoobman

Jan 3, 2014
I called the CIC call center today and the agent told me they issued 25,000 of the same letter on purpose of communication. I am not sure how many RQ applicant are out .any Idea?

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shoobman said:
I called the CIC call center today and the agent told me they issued 25,000 of the same letter on purpose of communication. I am not sure how many RQ applicant are out .any Idea?
Shoobman..
I think all the applicant are RQd for some or other reason.. but depends on merit they are issuing a notice, or communication.
the people who are waited for so long, they are giving a candy to everyone who have encountered RQ received before the test..

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
Shoobman..
I think all the applicant are RQd for some or other reason.. but depends on merit they are issuing a notice, or communication.
the people who are waited for so long, they are giving a candy to everyone who have encountered RQ received before the test..
RQ received after the test, is not on a merit cuz they knew they are already passed there test, only thing matter for them is the oath. so there may be a different merits on who have encountered RQ after passing the citizenship test.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
RQ received after the test, is not on a merit cuz they knew they are already passed there test, only thing matter for them is the oath. so there may be a different merits on who have encountered RQ after passing the citizenship test.
What do you think?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shoobman said:
I called the CIC call center today and the agent told me they issued 25,000 of the same letter on purpose of communication.
Wow! Thanks for calling and thanks to the agent for telling you.
shoobman said:
I am not sure how many RQ applicant are out .any Idea?
There were 33,000 RQs issued between May 2012 and April 2013. (Atip in PDF form can be viewed here: residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/rq_stats_apr2013.pdf) Some RQs issued before this period are still awaiting resolution, some of those issued during this period have since been resolved, and certainly many more have been issued after this period. My conservative guess is that there are at least 40,000 outstanding RQs presently, but we don't have official numbers.

So it seems that a large proportion of RQ recipients received this form letter. While I was glad to get the letter myself (twice, hoping for letter #3 next week!), I suspect it is of little value or meaning. I don't think a computer generated form letter copied out to 25,000 recipients represents any substantial individual information or communication. It's a gesture, but I suspect it may be entirely vapid.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simplyproductive said:
My time line for citizenship
Received application October 13, 2012
Process January 5, 2013
Received RQ July, 2013
Received prepare for your exam December 27, 2013

Time line for PR renewal
Received October 13, 2013
Processing November 22, 2013
Approved November 27, 2013
Haven't received as of January 3rd, 2014
My PR renewal Timeline
applied Sep 9 2013
Started processing application Oct 27 2013
No decision has been made yet called CIC- agent yesterday for the updates and agent advised me that, you application is still under review. review for what.. it is been a 2 month they didn't made decision on my PR renewal. I don't know how long I have to wait for my PR

danielriesgo

Jan 3, 2014
does any one has an idea how long will take to schedule the exam after receiving the notice to prepare for the citizenship exam??

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danielriesgo said:
does any one has an idea how long will take to schedule the exam after receiving the notice to prepare for the citizenship exam??
No. No one can say with any reasonable certainty. The form is brand new, so there is no precedent or history by which to judge. The form itself does not give us that information ("coming months" could mean 2 months or 24 months).

Personally, I would advise people to not get their hopes up for a test invite until they actually receive the test invite.

If the Call Centre agent's report was true that 25,000 CIT 0521 forms were sent out almost simultaneously, it's pretty doubtful that the CIC could really process all 25,000 cases soon. Since May 2012, the CIC barely processes 25,000 citizenship applications per quarter, much less 25,000 RQ cases, which are slower and more complicated for the CIC and (historically) often include judge's hearings (which adds months or years to timelines).

I suspect that many of us CIT 0521 will remain in limbo for months or years more.

DaRulz

Sep 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your security clearance (From ATIP files) is not yet expired you will get test invitation before the expiry date. My security clearance will expire in March so I will write my test before that. I spoke with a CIC agent regarding this.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DaRulz said:
If your security clearance (From ATIP files) is not yet expired you will get test invitation before the expiry date. My security clearance will expire in March so I will write my test before that. I spoke with a CIC agent regarding this.
Be sure to let us know when you get your test invite. Of course I hope CIT 0521 is good news, but I strongly advise taking this all with a grain of salt until the test invitation is physically in hand.
Call Centre agents are not 100% reliable sources of information, especially when discussing individual timelines.

hanisaf

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
I did my test on 23th Dec and I am still waiting. The officer who did the interview told me that it will take 2-4 months to receive the next communication.