+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exam"- RQ St. Clair Office Timeline

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mattias said:
i think GCMS is their general case management system.

i am almost sure you will get the test date any day! i submitted my rq to scarborough 2 months before you and i just received my test date.
i really hope they do review rq before the test or around the same time. it make sense that they review it before the test so they can ask any follow-up questions in case they don't understand something form the rq or if they need any further clarification.
moreover, i have no idea what happens with the rq they are not satisfied with (no enough proof of residency etc.). i am wondering if they are still giving the test dates to them or they are sending for the hearing...

thanks Mattias. Just out of curiosity, do you have generics list of questions that I can ask the agent to get the maximum info.

I called a couple of days ago and the agent asked me what exactly I needed to know. I told him that I want to know the estimated timelines for my test date. he said there were no estimated dates he could give. Meant as if it was at the officer discretion. I asked him if my RQ was reviewed and he said its not. I asked him if the checks like background check were completed, and he said all the checks were completed. thats the max info I could get from the agent.

thanks

mattias

Jan 24, 2014
BalajiR said:
thanks Mattias. Just out of curiosity, do you have generics list of questions that I can ask the agent to get the maximum info.

I called a couple of days ago and the agent asked me what exactly I needed to know. I told him that I want to know the estimated timelines for my test date. he said there were no estimated dates he could give. Meant as if it was at the officer discretion. I asked him if my RQ was reviewed and he said its not. I asked him if the checks like background check were completed, and he said all the checks were completed. thats the max info I could get from the agent.

thanks
i also called cic a week ago and the lady told me there is no test date yet and she has no access to the information whether my file has been reviewed!? no access!?!? then i asked her how is that possible she has no access since i heard that some people have information from the same cic call center about their cases and she repeated again that they have to possibility to check that!?! she was completely useless! funny enough, she said there was no test date, but a week after i got it! i think you should just wait as you test date is most likely coming any day, but you can call cic again just out from curiosity but i am almost sure there is nothing new they will be able to tell you:S
what you should check is your online application status! i got my test invitation two days ago and my online status changed!
this is very important for another reason- i read that some people simply did not receive they test invitation (sent to wrong address) or they received it too late and therefore they missed they test date which is so frustrating!
follow your online file all the time.

mattias

Jan 24, 2014
actually now when you are mentioning it, i am gonna call cic call centre on monday just to ask if my rq has been reviewed yet. really curious what they are going to say!

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mattias said:
actually now when you are mentioning it, i am gonna call cic call centre on monday just to ask if my rq has been reviewed yet. really curious what they are going to say!

Thank you so much"....

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zizo2014 said:
Swede how did it go?!
I'm also waiting to hear from swede as he's the only one that had scheduled at st. claire yesterday. Mine is on Thursday and i will update you all. I've read in a different forum and it seems they do review the RQ. But after the test they let the person know if they passed/failed and then asked questions about exits/entry. Though that person took supporting documents, their main concern is passport. They then said they are now handing over to citizenship judge who will review and then if approved will be called for further action or oath. Please pray for me everyone! Will update you soon

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my test date as Feb 24th at St. Claire office. I got the letter very much in advance considering that most of them get 2 weeks max. My friend who attended test recently at Mississauga office was given oath date the following week. 1 week after the test date. So what are the timelines like for the oath at the St. Claire office once the test is done.

Lorris

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR, thanks for sharing. Your timeline is very similar to mine. My application was received in July 2012, started to be processed in January 2013, RQ received in June, submitted in July. Hopefully my test invite is also around the corner.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR said:
I got my test date as Feb 24th at St. Claire office. I got the letter very much in advance considering that most of them get 2 weeks max. My friend who attended test recently at Mississauga office was given oath date the following week. 1 week after the test date. So what are the timelines like for the oath at the St. Claire office once the test is done.
Had my test on Jan 30th. 20/20. Will keep you all posted once oath date comes in. People in Mississauga are getting quick oath dates but they weren't RQed.

Cool_5

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

It seems I am the only one left who hasnt recieved the test date. My citizenship application was recieved on 1 Oct 2012, and I got a notice to prepare for test date which was dated 20 Dec'13 but so far I havent recieved any test date :(

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cool_5 said:
Hi All,

It seems I am the only one left who hasnt recieved the test date. My citizenship application was recieved on 1 Oct 2012, and I got a notice to prepare for test date which was dated 20 Dec'13 but so far I havent recieved any test date :(
Check on the CIC website if there are any updates regarding your test date. And also call CIC agent and ask them whats going on?

Cool_5

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Moe...
My online status is still the same and CIC people have no clue, they said we dont have the test date yet..

miaho

Jul 29, 2013
Cool_5 said:
Hi All,

I have not get my test date as well. I applied on Nov 2011. :-[

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
askj said:
Anyone had their oath notice through this route? I just had my test on 11 feb.
Nope nothing yet - had test on Jan 30 - will keep u posted!