+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exam"- RQ St. Clair Office Timeline

Apr 16, 2013
Congrats bogazici10,
Did you also receive the "Notice to Prepare for the Citizenship Exam" before getting the test date?

bogazici10 said:
this is my timeline guys, my office is Scarborough center

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 10, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 25, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Received: May 10, 2012
Process application: Oct 25, 2012
Residence questionnaire: Nov 30, 2012
Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013
Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013
Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013
office: Scarborough
after 21 months i got test date guys....

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

They just give me test date which is February 7th, 2013 now i am studying for my test

A Zin

Jan 9, 2014
Hi everybody My exam in Jan 29th in St Clair .. anyone share experience about this office
and I already submitted QR since more than a year.

I heard about this office !!!

received same letter yesterday dated Dec23rd initialled by BH and this is my timeline

1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 3, 2012.

2-We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 3, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3-We started processing your application on December 17, 2012

Cool_5

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have also "notice to prepare for citizenship exam dated 20 Dec on 8 Jan 2014, but till date I havent recieved any test date notice.

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Cool_5 said:
Hi All,

I have also "notice to prepare for citizenship exam dated 20 Dec on 8 Jan 2014, but till date I havent recieved any test date notice.
You will get something this week

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello my dear Rq friends,

I did not receive the "Notice to Prepare for the Citizenship Exam" I got just test date,

bye now,

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
bogazici10 said:
hello my dear Rq friends,

I did not receive the "Notice to Prepare for the Citizenship Exam" I got just test date,

bye now,
interesting, did you call cic and ask them if they mailed it out?

mattias

Jan 24, 2014
i submitted my RQ in summer 2013 to Scarborough office.
i received notice to prepare for test in january 2014 (dated december 2013), i finally got a test date for february 2014 from st. claire office.
i am wondering if this means they already assessed RQ or there can still be a delay after the test!

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they don't have to review the RQ before the test. they might as well do it after you pass the test. May be to speed up the tests for applications in queue.not sure about that.........

mattias

Jan 24, 2014
actually i agree. it is a good news that there is a test date, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they rq has been reviewed. however, this is a good news and i really hope they will review it soon if they haven's already!

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right Mattias......... test done..... majority from your end is done. and I guess 80% get done with in 6 months of the test date unless anyone has any major complications......

mattias

Jan 24, 2014
hey i found this. according to this OB407, RQ has to be reviewed in order for the test invitation to be sent!?!?

Local offices will be required to review the RQ and supporting documents prior to inviting the applicant to their test/interview with a Citizenship official. This means that there is a risk that files where an RQ is still outstanding may be inadvertently scheduled into a test event in GCMS. In order to avoid this scenario, CPC-S will use the "On-Hold" feature in GCMS prior to sending the application to the local office. Once the RQ and supporting documents are received at the local CIC and analysed by an officer, the On-Hold feature will be deactivated manually by a CIC official and the applicant invited to their test/interview. Users are encouraged to use the BF function to follow-up on these cases within 45 days. Note: The use of the "On-Hold" in GCMS does not necessarily mean that the processing of the file has stopped. It is simply an interim tool to be used until changes can be made in GCMS to prevent files where RQ has not yet been received from being scheduled into a test event.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mattias said:
hey i found this. according to this OB407, RQ has to be reviewed in order for the test invitation to be sent!?!?

Local offices will be required to review the RQ and supporting documents prior to inviting the applicant to their test/interview with a Citizenship official. This means that there is a risk that files where an RQ is still outstanding may be inadvertently scheduled into a test event in GCMS. In order to avoid this scenario, CPC-S will use the "On-Hold" feature in GCMS prior to sending the application to the local office. Once the RQ and supporting documents are received at the local CIC and analysed by an officer, the On-Hold feature will be deactivated manually by a CIC official and the applicant invited to their test/interview. Users are encouraged to use the BF function to follow-up on these cases within 45 days. Note: The use of the "On-Hold" in GCMS does not necessarily mean that the processing of the file has stopped. It is simply an interim tool to be used until changes can be made in GCMS to prevent files where RQ has not yet been received from being scheduled into a test event.
not sure what that GCMS means.But when I called CIC and asked them, they said the RQ docs were received and waiting to be reviewed. not sure how long that takes. But a lot of people I saw who had submitted their RQ docs after me got their test dates and I did not. What do you think my estimated timeline would be? My signature has details the steps for my application. Any idea?

mattias

Jan 24, 2014
BalajiR said:
not sure what that GCMS means.But when I called CIC and asked them, they said the RQ docs were received and waiting to be reviewed. not sure how long that takes. But a lot of people I saw who had submitted their RQ docs after me got their test dates and I did not. What do you think my estimated timeline would be? My signature has details the steps for my application. Any idea?
i think GCMS is their general case management system.

i am almost sure you will get the test date any day! i submitted my rq to scarborough 2 months before you and i just received my test date from st. claire.
i really hope they do review rq before the test or around the same time. it make sense that they review it before the test so they can ask any follow-up questions in case they don't understand something form the rq or if they need any further clarification.
moreover, i have no idea what happens with the rq they are not satisfied with (no enough proof of residency etc.). i am wondering if they are still giving the test dates to them or they are sending for the hearing...