+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice of Decision Timeline

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My mom applied for asylum in the year 2017, got rejected, appealed and got accepted this month but yet to get her NOD. Please, is there any hope or way of me migrating to Canada joining her?
I will clock 29years this December and am her first child.
Please is there any hope or any way?
She also should always
she is not with my dad anymore as my dad is also part of why she applied for asylum. My dad threw her out of the house with threats and many other things. Long story! She stays alone in Ontario, no children nor partner in Canada. She’s 50+ years staying and working alone in Ontario Canada. But she has my uncle who is her junior brother that stays in Alberter. He’s a Canadian citizen. Please any hope or way to migrate for me because she wants me to migrate and join her in Canada as she’s always bored and alone after work. In her asylum, the presiding officer asked so much questions about me and my other sibling. She’s waiting for her NOD as she’s accepted. Now our worries is how to get me to come join her. Please any way??
There was many questioned asked partially to see why she couldn’t return to stay with her children in her home country. Would always wait until you get the NOC before declaring you’re 100% sure you have been approved. Pretty unusual that this was an asylum case if she had been living in Canada with the abuser. Donestic violence is often not considered a reason for asylum especially when abuser and victim are both in Canada.

Sounds like you have other siblings? Is one 21 or under?

IcloudUser1985

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
Hi All,

Had my hearing last week, was given a positive decesion on the table, question is how long till i receive my Nod by mail?

Horlamidey

Jul 24, 2021
She also should always

There was many questioned asked partially to see why she couldn’t return to stay with her children in her home country. Would always wait until you get the NOC before declaring you’re 100% sure you have been approved. Pretty unusual that this was an asylum case if she had been living in Canada with the abuser. Donestic violence is often not considered a reason for asylum especially when abuser and victim are both in Canada.

Sounds like you have other siblings? Is one 21 or under?
The abuser doesn’t stay in Canada. He stays in the home country. The case is very complicated and it includes religion matters as a Muslim to Christian as the abuser(dad) has so many and strong connections in the home country. She has gotten her NOD. She submitted me and my sister age 25years in her pr application package excluding the spouse as her children. Any hope they may consider us too a protected person and qualify us to get the PR as I know little about Canada PR stuffs???

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
The abuser doesn’t stay in Canada. He stays in the home country. The case is very complicated and it includes religion matters as a Muslim to Christian as the abuser(dad) has so many and strong connections in the home country. She has gotten her NOD. She submitted me and my sister age 25years in her pr application package excluding the spouse as her children. Any hope they may consider us too a protected person and qualify us to get the PR as I know little about Canada PR stuffs???
Unfortunately, short answer is No
If you want to apply to come to Canada as a permanent immigrant, or to work, study or visit, you may be able to include dependent children on your application.

Children qualify as dependants if they

• are under 22 years old and
  • don’t have a spouse or partner
Dependants over the age limit
Children 22 or older qualify as dependants if they

• have depended on their parents for financial support since before they were 22 and
  • can’t financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition
See the previous definitions of dependent children (from before October 24, 2017).

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As previously said she’ll only be able to sponsor children that are currently under 22 years of age.

Zana Ali

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
As previously said she’ll only be able to sponsor children that are currently under 22 years of age.
Canuck78 why most of original Canadian and franch RPD member has islamo phobia and racist and very rude and no polite ?
That the questions western ppl should answer and fixes that issues

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canuck78 why most of original Canadian and franch RPD member has islamo phobia and racist and very rude and no polite ?
That the questions western ppl should answer and fixes that issues
Could you provide examples of the Islamophobia? You are making big accusations and generalizations. Being rude or being direct with questions doesn’t mean you are being racist or islamophobic. Unfortunately there are people who misrepresent their situation (not accusing you) so members are trying to determine the real situation. If there are inconsistencies the member may question you more. Being warm and friendly isn’t their job. Every member also has their own way of conducting hearings. Some give out results during the hearing, while others do not. Some are more direct while some are more friendly. They are likely the same in the personal life or professional life outside the hearing. If IRB and IRCC was filled with racist people then we wouldn’t have such a diverse country.

Reactions: GAGANJEET SINGH

Lovishsingh4455

Nov 7, 2021
Hi everyone
My hearing was on Thursday 28 October and Member asked for additional documents, and gave me time till Monday and i already submitted my documents on friday 29 October, i am now waiting for my NOD , can anyone help me if they ask for additional documents its means decision is positive or negative

Alikhan115674

Apr 13, 2020
Hi everyone
My hearing was on Thursday 28 October and Member asked for additional documents, and gave me time till Monday and i already submitted my documents on friday 29 October, i am now waiting for my NOD , can anyone help me if they ask for additional documents its means decision is positive or negative
It’s positive sign don’t worry it’s happened with me and know many clients who did same.
after submitting you will get good news soon with in in 3 week