+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice of Decision Timeline

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don’t know what happened and the stories that gave results on the spot!
What do you mean by you don’t know what happened? Some people get results during their hearing but the majority do not. Doesn’t mean that you will be refused. You will have to wait and see. Getting results by mail in a week is usually not possible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, we can do nothing but wait! Wait quietly for it to come! Have you received your results?
Not an asylum seeker just trying to be helpful. In general the earliest people usually receive an NOD is after 2 weeks but could be longer for a variety of reasons. I know it is difficult to wait but don’t try to read into not getting an answer during the hearing.

Moncton 2021

Jul 24, 2021
Waiting for a decision after the hearing is the most painful. I wonder why I didn’t give the result in court? It's really the most tormented! ! ! More torment than waiting for the hearing schedule!
I agree with you waiting for decision is indeed very frustrating, i had my hearing on 06/10/2021 and the board member was very kind and the process took about 2 hours he told me he would send a decision in the mail in ‘’a few weeks’’ and finally i got a positive decision yesterday. Next week i will start the process of obtaining my PR. Whatever faith you believe in just keep praying and hopefully yours will come soon. Am in New Brunswick by the way. Anyone still waiting good luck.

Horlamidey

Jul 24, 2021
My mom applied for asylum in the year 2017, got rejected, appealed and got accepted this month but yet to get her NOD. Please, is there any hope or way of me migrating to Canada joining her?
I will clock 29years this December and am her first child.
Please is there any hope or any way?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My mom applied for asylum in the year 2017, got rejected, appealed and got accepted this month but yet to get her NOD. Please, is there any hope or way of me migrating to Canada joining her?
I will clock 29years this December and am her first child.
Please is there any hope or any way?
Is your mother married or does she have a partner she is living with? Does she have any children in Canada? Does she have any other family members in Canada?

Horlamidey

Jul 24, 2021
Is your mother married or does she have a partner she is living with? Does she have any children in Canada? Does she have any other family members in Canada?
she is not with my dad anymore as my dad is also part of why she applied for asylum. My dad threw her out of the house with threats and many other things. Long story! She stays alone in Ontario, no children nor partner in Canada. She’s 50+ years staying and working alone in Ontario Canada. But she has my uncle who is her junior brother that stays in Alberter. He’s a Canadian citizen. Please any hope or way to migrate for me because she wants me to migrate and join her in Canada as she’s always bored and alone after work. In her asylum, the presiding officer asked so much questions about me and my other sibling. She’s waiting for her NOD as she’s accepted. Now our worries is how to get me to come join her. Please any way??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
she is not with my dad anymore as my dad is also part of why she applied for asylum. My dad threw her out of the house with threats and many other things. Long story! She stays alone in Ontario, no children nor partner in Canada. She’s 50+ years staying and working alone in Ontario Canada. But she has my uncle who is her junior brother that stays in Alberter. He’s a Canadian citizen. Please any hope or way to migrate for me because she wants me to migrate and join her in Canada as she’s always bored and alone after work. In her asylum, the presiding officer asked so much questions about me and my other sibling. She’s waiting for her NOD as she’s accepted. Now our worries is how to get me to come join her. Please any way??
Your mother cannot sponsor you for PR. Unfortunately you are too old for this to be possible.

If you wish to immigrate to Canada, you will need to qualify on your own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry based on your level of education, work experience, language abilities, age, funds available to settle yourself in Canada, and other factors. You can read more about the Express Entry program here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Reactions: Horlamidey
F

Friend of u

Excuse me
What is hearing? What does it exactly mean?
When will that happen?

Samosami

Feb 6, 2021
Excuse me
What is hearing? What does it exactly mean?
When will that happen?
A court hearing where a member of the immigration board talks to you and asks you questions about your case. Almost everyone who applied for asylum within Canada gets a hearing unless they are decided without a hearing, it doesn't mean anything, it's a part of the refugee claim process

F

Friend of u

A court hearing where a member of the immigration board talks to you and asks you questions about your case. Almost everyone who applied for asylum within Canada gets a hearing unless they are decided without a hearing, it doesn't mean anything, it's a part of the refugee claim process
Hi thank you for your reply
Hearing is just for those who are inside Canada?
Is hearing the same with interview?