+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

North America-IELTS General Test MAY 12, 2018

Ash_1917

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Also, in Section 3 (the conversation between two students), I wanted to know the answers to two questions:

1) Why did they choose the rock music experiment:
- because it was easily measurable
-to gain popularity amongst other students
- don't remember this option

2) Why did she use statistics:
-because the professor asked to mention
- don't remember this one
-she thought it would help her get better with figures

Thanks!

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Also, in Section 3 (the conversation between two students), I wanted to know the answers to two questions:

Thanks!
I believe the answers are A for Q1 and C for Q2.

Just don’t remember what I wrote for my own answer sheet ;(

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018

Thanks!
1) A

2)C

Regarding ur question about the telephone on section 1, I barely rem what I put.

But what exactly u mean wit ''extension''?

Do u rem ur answers to the MAP on section 2? plz share w us as well

Reactions: Ash_1917

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
1) A

2)C

Regarding ur question about the telephone on section 1, I barely rem what I put.

For the phone number, the lady mentions my area code is the Sheffield Zip Code followed by <some number - 7 digits> ... So I am wondering if it is sufficient to just enter the phone number alone or do we have to enter in the area-code as well based on the zip code from earlier question. I believe it contained the numeral 132.
I had answered 132-XXXXXXX which comprised of 10 digits in total with the code. I figured phone numbers are normally 10 digits so I put in the area code as well .. guessing I might have overthought the answer :)

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018

For the phone number, the lady mentions my area code is the Sheffield Zip Code followed by <some number - 7 digits> ... So I am wondering if it is sufficient to just enter the phone number alone or do we have to enter in the area-code as well based on the zip code from earlier question. I believe it contained the numeral 132.
I had answered 132-XXXXXXX which comprised of 10 digits in total with the code. I figured phone numbers are normally 10 digits so I put in the area code as well .. guessing I might have overthought the answer :)

Hm...I see.....as far as I can recall, I didn't put any code before.......but it may be the right answer (including the code).....would be a disaster for me! haha

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
She didn't mention any code, she just said shefield code (didn't say any number) then phone number.
So only telephone number is sufficient.
As I said I don't remember....

But, if she didn't mention the code again (i.e. mentioning the numbers - ''132''), I also believe that only the phone number is the right answer.

Saad1993

Star Member
May 9, 2017
21 - Why they choose the topic of rock?
according to me the answer was c
Yes I also believe the answer was C because they categorically denied that it was not due to measurable results. I also got lost in this part so I cannot say for sure but I at least remember they discussing that it was not due to the fact that results were measurable.

Saad1993

Star Member
May 9, 2017
I think I heard that from point A we could see the top of the hills.....So, I assumed it was a distractor......cuz at the moment u hear top of the hill, u could think it was B.....But I am not sure at all haha
I think it did not say that that you can see it from the top of the mountain. It said that it is on the top of the hill although having it on the top of the hill does not make sense.

Reactions: Archavin89

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
I think it did not say that that you can see it from the top of the mountain. It said that it is on the top of the hill although having it on the top of the hill does not make sense.
What I meant is not that u can see it FROM the top of the hills.

I said I have understood that we could see the top of the hills from point A (At the streets' conjunction).

Having said that, I think the right answer is the option at the top of the mountains. Unfortunately, I think I marked it wrong.

Last edited:

Ash_1917

Star Member
May 16, 2018
1) A

2)C

I might have messed up a bit in the conversation part.

Regarding the extension, I wanted to know if we had to write the extension also because the lady says, “it’s the Sheffield code followed by cuz telephone number”. I wrote only the telephone number in my answer sheet.

I don’t remember my answers for the map. But for the top of the hill question, I remember writing the alphabet corresponding to the mountain (hilly) region as my answer.

As for the last section I wrote feedback instead of training for the second last question.

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
I simply google some answers/words.........it is not the first time I find ielts questions on some ''chinese'' websites..seems most questions have been used randomly......