+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpion_ca said:
Are you taking oath tomorrow? Yup, finally citizen as of today Just curious, as I gave my test on 12/August and still haven't heard back yet,

1. When exactly in August did you give your test? Aug 5
2. When did you receive the oath letter? Letter issued on Aug 13 but received 18/19 Aug.

Did you check your application status online? At first I saw the status online; after that received the letter.
hmmmmm... interesting. Up until the first week of August the invite letter to take oath has been mailed out almost immediately following the test, for CIC Calgary. I wonder what happened after the first week of August, that the test takers from second week of August onward have not yet heard back about any progress. CIC helpline is down/brought down, so we're hitting a wall here with no one to respond! not that it was helpful when we were able to talk to an agent!

This is really really weird, annoying and baffling as to why put stop to the flow of the process of sending invites past first week of August.

Any test takers from August second week (that is past 5/Aug or 7/Aug) received their invites to take oath yet?
I would also appreciate if processing/trend analysts (like Msafiri) want to pitch in with their insights?

irajmirza

Star Member
Aug 26, 2009
I Think there are many factors involved. I had friends that were getting oath invitations in 5-6 weeks around Jan-Apr time. So there have been always ups and downs. I took the test early Sep and waiting. Hopefully we all hear good news soon.

Cheers

Calgary546

Mar 10, 2013
CanuckForEver said:
This is really really weird, annoying and baffling as to why put stop to the flow of the process of sending invites past first week of August.

Any test takers from August second week (that is past 5/Aug or 7/Aug) received their invites to take oath yet?
I would also appreciate if processing/trend analysts (like Msafiri) want to pitch in with their insights?
CanuckForEver - it's just matter of time that you will get the oath invite. I called CIC today (test date Aug 25th) and was told that my letter just went out 2 days back. Got the oath date for Oct 17th.

Good luck to all those who're in the queue.

irajmirza

Star Member
Aug 26, 2009
Congrats!
So the good news is it is moving. However it is different case by case but my god feeling says 4 to 6 weeks after the test, fingers crossed.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanuckForEver said:
I haven't looked at the spreadsheet recently as last time it was a mess. There is a batch of July/Aug 2014 test takers and one or 2 oaths to add to the list to get a clearer picture. The processing changes on Aug 1 did not seem initially to take into account transitional applicants i.e. those testing in July 2014 but oath in Aug/Sep 2014. Seems Harry Hays want to clear this out asap before moving on to Aug 2014 test takers who fall into post Aug 1 CJ input changes. Harry Hays doesn't have extra CJs and the ceremonies remain the same. If you are delayed to oath it does raise an issue as to if CIC have decided refusal and referred to CJ. Still too early to tell.

Take into account too factors that might skew the spreadsheet most obvious being family...CIC oath 80-84 candidates per sitting. What happens if you have 4 slots left and 2 sets of applicants..one a family of 4 and the other a single guy...who do you bounce to the next oath? The single guy logic would state. Lets see what the CJ states in next weeks public meeting session - it may be significant in determining oath speeds (I expect longer times between test and oath if number of weekly ceremonies doesn't increase).

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
world said:
he supercitizen,

Did you get your oath letter ?

thanks
r
No, our oath is not scheduled yet, Calling almost everyday. Its interesting that Calgary 546 has writen test after me(Aug 18) & Canuckforever and got oath notification. May be because the application was older than us? Msafiri do you know what is the time for CJ info session on Oct 3 at Central Cal.Public Lib?]

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary546 is an entirely different case. The applicant's file has been under processing for a very long time in Calgary CIC that Calgary Citizenship Officers decided to fast track it to oath. No surprise, all fair given the applicant's processing timeline.
So technically I still consider the process of invite to take oath has been altered since first week of August. I also confirmed with CIC call center agents several times that my application isn't stuck up anywhere and no more documents are requested. My application is simply waiting for a oath invite.

So MSafiri - 1. Which branch of Calgary public library is this event scheduled? Can you please let us know the timings? The link provided isn't working.

2. In my understanding the citizenship approval process is going to be now a one-step-process in lieu of the previous three-steps-process. This will only speed up processing up until testing. What are the draw backs of the new process that is going to affect the applicants adversely, although the change was brought in with an intention of speeding up the process.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Maria Ash said:
Maybe you guys can call up central library and find out the schedule timings for the cj session there
I did call central library yesterday . The rep. told me that CIC has booked their theatre for 3rd Oct from 9-5 pm , however they do not have any details about the exact timings of the event .

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We should go meet CJ at Calgary library this Friday and ask her why CIC-Calgary is so falling behind as compared to other immigrant cities. Even Vancouver is half a year ahead of Calgary, GTA is 6 mths end to end. ???

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
civic said:
We should go meet CJ at Calgary library this Friday and ask her why CIC-Calgary is so falling behind as compared to other immigrant cities. Even Vancouver is half a year ahead of Calgary, GTA is 6 mths end to end. ???
You are right ! Thats really important !

Anyone having some info about the exact time of the event , please share .

Thanks

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
informatics said:
You are right ! Thats really important !

Anyone having some info about the exact time of the event , please share .

Thanks
I phoned the library today and they could not find in their records anything resembling the event your guys are describing that will take place on the 3rd.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
informatics said:
I did call central library yesterday . The rep. told me that CIC has booked their theatre for 3rd Oct from 9-5 pm , however they do not have any details about the exact timings of the event .

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
I am not doubting your info. However, the lady i spoke to was adamant nothing was happening on the 3rd of October under the auspices of Canadian Immigration...