+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
SaffaMan said:
Received our notification to take the citizenship test on the 14/10/14 at 8:00

Applied: 11/6/13
Started Process: 17/9/13
Local office transfer: 12/2/14
Date of notice letter: 19/9/14
Received in post: 23/9/14
Congrats saffaman
so seeing this it looks like calgary office is working on February LOT

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Maria Ash said:
Congrats saffaman
so seeing this it looks like calgary office is working on February LOT
So it would appear. If your conjecture is right, then you and I should hear from them on the test date late October ealry November. I chanced upon a very friendly lady officer when called today to check on the status. When asked to give me her best guess, based on her conventional wisdom, on when to expect the test, she said November-December.

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
RussCan said:
So it would appear. If your conjecture is right, then you and I should hear from them on the test date late October ealry November. I chanced upon a very friendly lady officer when called today to check on the status. When asked to give me her best guess, based on her conventional wisdom, on when to expect the test, she said November-December.

You got it dude
Hopefully this should be the case but let's see fingers crossed and a lot of prayers

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Congrats SaffaMan!! Any updated for Shozee and Dreamchaser. According to the sheet you guys should've got the notification.

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013
Maria Ash and Russcan
My time line is same as you guys ,
one of my friend who is not in this forum got his test invite on 12 Sep 14, his LOT was Jan 2014 and application was in early October 2013.
I hope March 14 LOT will receive test invite by end of October
one question if I move to new place within Calgary , should i change my address or use mail forwarding option? if i change my address ( within same city No province or city change) what would be the worst case scenario?
thanks

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Here is my guess for following:

wsm_al - your test invite is next, based on the movement in applications at calgary, you might here from them in about 20-30days from today.

shooze - You either not sharing your status or in deep trouble with your applicaiton/status/file, I made this guess based on people getting their invites even in June & July right now. Have you got any finger printing request/RFQ ?

Thx
YYC_CICGUY

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Hi, from where you guys get the LOT date? Who gives you? If you got by calling any number could you please let me know that number. BTW my local office is Edmonton but seems like its the slowest so not much active members in Edmonton forum.
Thanks

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
RussCan said:
Maria

The problem is - nobody knows. I am in the surprisingly same situation:
Application received (2 adults + 1 child) on November 25th 2013.
Started processing on February 6th 2014.
Transferred to Calgary on March 27th.
Sent them a fax asking for expedited processing in July.
Learned from speaking with the agent that the request was rejected.

Ever since May when I call them the answers have ranged along the lines below, depending on the officer I spoke to, from:

All the checks are complete your file was placed in queue for the test;
The standard processing time is 24 months;
Everything looks great with our application and it's standard.
No further information is required and I have to wait.

So nobody knows. My case is really very straight froward. Work in the oil and gas, make 200 K (so a great task payer) owe a million dollar house (from day one in Canada), one of the daughters born in Canada. I sent them all supporting docs when applied: task assessments for the 3 year period, pay stabs for the 3 year period, a letter from my boss at work saying basically that I am the best thing since sliced bread, a cover letter from my self outlining my social and finical status etc.,
So what I thinks happens is that my file, no matter how great, is heating the shelf waiting before the backlog of files from before is processed and my turn comes. How long will it take no one, unfortunately, is able to predict. It all depends on the length of the backlog.
RussCan,

I am sorry about your situation, you are being a good earner(200k) and tax payer, nice/hard working employee, father of candian born children and husband - CIC is not considering your situation. ;D ;D

This proves that, CIC is doing what it suppose to do - it doenst care who you are and what you make, everybody is equal infront of the law. Thats the beauty of Canada.

Please have patience until they call you, the reality is - there are several "great people" infront us, all they are doing is patiently waiting !!

Thanks
YYC_CICGUY

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
YYC_CICGUY said:
Here is my guess for following:

wsm_al - your test invite is next, based on the movement in applications at calgary, you might here from them in about 20-30days from today.

shooze - You either not sharing your status or in deep trouble with your applicaiton/status/file, I made this guess based on people getting their invites even in June & July right now. Have you got any finger printing request/RFQ ?

Thx
YYC_CICGUY
Thank you YYC_CICGUY! I hope I get the test invite soon!

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
YYC_CICGUY said:
RussCan,

I am sorry about your situation, you are being a good earner(200k) and tax payer, nice/hard working employee, father of candian born children and husband - CIC is not considering your situation. ;D ;D

This proves that, CIC is doing what it suppose to do - it doenst care who you are and what you make, everybody is equal infront of the law. Thats the beauty of Canada.

Please have patience until they call you, the reality is - there are several "great people" infront us, all they are doing is patiently waiting !!

Thanks
YYC_CICGUY
I completely agree with you!!

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hello all ,

I am also a Calgary office applicant . I need to get some of my arabic stamps and documents translated. Could you please tell from where did you get your stamps translated in Calgary ?

thanks

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
YYC_CICGUY said:
RussCan,

Thanks
YYC_CICGUY
Thank you for the speech though it was unnecessary for I just shared my details for neither to get a pat on the back nor for a condescending lecture. And you are right about the reality in Canada: earners and dog-f..kers get treated equally. So you have chosen the country right.

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:eek: how rude and unnecessary

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So far I have seen only test notification updates in the forum for the past 1 month. No oath invite updates yet. From what I researched, the CIC is at the batch for last week of July, that took their tests, in clearing them for oath. Hopefully the August test takers hear back sooner from CIC inviting them for oath.