+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Msafiri said:
check the spreadsheet below from forum participants to get an idea of when you will get a test.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Emq25ueiJJ9coxst2YC7sszqAhFJi_B3r2Q1sd6Y29s/edit?pli=1#gid=120467648

So msfari please correct me if I'm wrong that according to spreadsheet I should expect test invitation somewhere around end of October and start of November 2014
Would really appreciate your answer

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
civic said:
Is there anyone here from Calgary that applied under new instruction and new fee ($400)? When did you send your application? Anyone from the new batch get test invitation yet?
Hello everyone , CIC received my application on 29 May 2014. I received a book and acknowledgement after two months . As I read your posts I thought CIC will make next communication with me after 1-2 years or so since Calgary office is very slow . Yesterday on September 17 I received a letter from Calgary CIC to do RCMP fingerprints. Please recommend me a good fingerprinting agency in Calgary . I have also applied for GCMS notes today just to see whats going on .

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Naavy100 said:
Hello everyone , CIC received my application on 29 May 2014. I received a book and acknowledgement after two months . As I read your posts I thought CIC will make next communication with me after 1-2 years or so since Calgary office is very slow . Yesterday on September 17 I received a letter from Calgary CIC to do RCMP fingerprints. Please recommend me a good fingerprinting agency in Calgary . I have also applied for GCMS notes today just to see whats going on .
Naavy100 I think for fingerprints u have to go to police headquarter in the NE opposite shaw building where you get your police clearance aswell

ronin47

Jun 16, 2014
Thanks for the visa stamp translation reminder. Does anyone know if an Indian visa and immigration stamps from India need to be translated? They are printed/stamped in both English and Hindi (their language).

Thank you.

wsm_al said:
Hi friends,
FYI, if you have any non English/French stamps in your passport, it might be a good idea to translate it before you are called for the test. a friend of mine just had his test a couple weeks ago and he was asked to submit translation. My friend already had his translation with him in hand and hand it to the officer. So I thought to share this info so you may avoid a delay in your application post test.

Good luck everyone!!!!

Jul 25, 2014
YYC_CICGUY said:
Hey YYC_April24_2013 ,

Is that CIT 520E or just CIT 520 ? I heard they are issuing mini RQs called CIT 520E, please check and advise back.

Reg
YYC_CICGUY
Hi YYC_CICGUY,

I believe it was CIT 520E and i chatted with the immigration officer, i handed her the documents that i had with me (T4s, NoAs, Employment Letter verification with history of employment) and the only thing that i had left were some remaining rental agreements and they asked for some health insurance claims and doctors visits. The immigration officer asked for legible copies of the stamps in my passport and i sent that as well. Fingers crossed everything comes back ok.

Jul 25, 2014
wsm_al said:
Hi
I also have a lot of stamps in my passport . I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind:
When you sent your application how many days was your residency in your residency calculator?
Are the documents requested for the 3 year residency period prior to your application?
Do you mind to list the additional info they requested so I prepare them ahead of time?
Thanks a lot!
When i say a lot of stamps i'm talking about my passport is full :) I have one empty page :) So i do travel a lot and i was more than 150 days out of the country at the time i applied for citizenship. Anyhow, a lot of business travel does that to you. What the immigration officer asked for were copies of all the pages in my passport (legible copies), didn't ask for translations on the spot and if i had these copies at the time they would have accepted them. They did accept my paperwork with regards to income and employment history but i additionally submitted the copies of my passport, health care claims and rental agreements. All they want to get a proof for is that you have lived in Canada enough days before you applied for citizenship. So they're looking for proof int he 3 year residency period in your application.
I would advise you have copies of all pages in your passport, have letters from your employer including employment history, have proof of rental agreements or mortgage documents, title of your house if you own one, maybe even copies of your health care claims or doctors visit history. Anything that you have that will prove your residency in the country.
Good luck.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
YYC_April24_2013 said:
When i say a lot of stamps i'm talking about my passport is full :) I have one empty page :) So i do travel a lot and i was more than 150 days out of the country at the time i applied for citizenship. Anyhow, a lot of business travel does that to you. What the immigration officer asked for were copies of all the pages in my passport (legible copies), didn't ask for translations on the spot and if i had these copies at the time they would have accepted them. They did accept my paperwork with regards to income and employment history but i additionally submitted the copies of my passport, health care claims and rental agreements. All they want to get a proof for is that you have lived in Canada enough days before you applied for citizenship. So they're looking for proof int he 3 year residency period in your application.
I would advise you have copies of all pages in your passport, have letters from your employer including employment history, have proof of rental agreements or mortgage documents, title of your house if you own one, maybe even copies of your health care claims or doctors visit history. Anything that you have that will prove your residency in the country.
Good luck.
Thanks a lot!! Much appreciated!!!

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Guys,
Are we still trying to approach media regarding the slow processing time in Alberta.
Recently, I got a contact of a media based in Edmonton. (not a personal contact)
Would you think we can write something to them ? any with those competencies ?
Thanks

tdolphin

Jun 20, 2014
Maria Ash said:
Naavy100 I think for fingerprints u have to go to police headquarter in the NE opposite shaw building where you get your police clearance aswell
Fingerprints are taken by a private company (an RCMP accredited fingerprinting agency) not the Police.
cic.gc.ca/english/Citizenship/fingerprint.asp

In Calgary:
615 Macleod Trail South, Suite 103, Calgary, Alta., T2G 4T8
The building in front of the Public library in downtown.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
ronin47 said:
Thanks for the visa stamp translation reminder. Does anyone know if an Indian visa and immigration stamps from India need to be translated? They are printed/stamped in both English and Hindi (their language).

Thank you.
If you think that the officer can read and understand your stamp, then there is no need to translate. If part of your stamp is in English then you should be good to go based on my understanding..

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
tdolphin said:
Fingerprints are taken by a private company (an RCMP accredited fingerprinting agency) not the Police.

In Calgary:
Thank you very much , I booked an appointment with commissionaires . In my CBSA records they mixed my dates of entries with someone who has same name as mine . I think that might be the reason for sending me a fingerprint request .

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
AlexRox said:
Guys,
Are we still trying to approach media regarding the slow processing time in Alberta.
Recently, I got a contact of a media based in Edmonton. (not a personal contact)
Would you think we can write something to them ? any with those competencies ?
Thanks
Hello all, AlexRox

Best way is to engage minister directly on twitter regarding slow process in Alberta.

twitter.com/calxandr

Whats your suggestion.

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
tdolphin said:

In Calgary:

Thanks for clearing I thought they do that coz when I went for police clearance they took my fingerprints
Sorry for the information navvy 100

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Maria Ash said:
please correct me if I'm wrong that according to spreadsheet I should expect test invitation somewhere around end of October and start of November 2014
Would really appreciate your answer
I am asking again everyone
Could anyone help me
I find the spreadsheet a bit confusing
My timeline is application received November 2013
Process started feb first week
Calgary office transferred on March 27
Thanks in advance