+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
informatics said:
Hi ,

Anyone has got any authentic info about CIC's presentation at Central Library on 3rd Oct ?

thanks
I just called CPC - (403) 260-2600 and the representatvie told me that yes there is a info session from CIC betn 12-1.30pm on Oct3rd, 2nd floor-theatre at Central CPC.

Speaker: CJ-May Way

thanks

Sorry, I mean CPL not CPC - Calgary public Library at City Hall downtown.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
SuperCitizen said:
I just called CPC - (403) 260-2600 and the representatvie told me that yes there is a info session from CIC betn 12-1.30pm on Oct3rd, 2nd floor-theatre at Central CPC.

thanks
Great piece of info ! Thanks for sharing .

Please spread the word ! This is a great opportunity to get some first hand info !

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
FYI
Here's my sister application status:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 20, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 20, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 21, 2014.

--
Mine- it's been 5 weeks since the application was received. Keep checking mailbox but nothing.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SuperCitizen said:

thanks

If anyone can be there, please ask her why CIC Calgary is so falling behind and appears the slowest office among major cities now. Even Vancouver is surpassing us. What is the plan and timeline for improvement for those who applied under new decision making process and fee? Thanks

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Maria Ash said:
Bill C-24 "intention to reside" clarification -YouTube

Maybe this can help u ardmsseeker
Thank you for the great link. The Minister clearly doesn't seem to understand/grasp the meaning of the past tense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMoa1vbxRWk

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
I went to library today and lady at the reception confirmed the event with same details given by you , so now its 100% confirm

date 3rd October
time noon ( 12 )
place Calgary public library downtown
2nd floor

SuperCitizen said:

thanks

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
abidcro said:
I went to library today and lady at the reception confirmed the event with same details given by you , so now its 100% confirm

date 3rd October
time noon ( 12 )
2nd floor
Anyone going to the event , please share the details . I really want to go however have an important class at the same time :(

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abidcro said:

date 3rd October
time noon ( 12 )
2nd floor
John Dutton Theatre is the theatre's name.

ardmsseeker

Sep 8, 2014
I appreciate replies .Yes , i want to take break and join my professional job .As , i emailed them and no reply and i mentioned them to take my oath in MAY .Yes , my brother is here to take my letter for oath and once i get at anytime so i will fly and take my oath .I will not write email again and let s wait as in my understanding wait and when they call ,come here and do formalities .This is my current thought.Tc

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Waiting for update. I hope someone in here attended the meeting with CJ today.

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
I attended the seminar today,

it was about new changes coming in citizenship , I think in this forum all of us are very well informed about all these changes & there was nothing that we are not aware of ,

2 things which I learn in that is

intend of living in Canada is still unclear
date of new changes in citizenship is not fixed but it will be applicable around June 2015

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some feedback from the CJ session:

1. Impressive theater and ideal for oath ceremonies.
2. 30-40 attendees.
3. Most of the session was about eligibility and the application process including changes in Bill C24 - these are well known already.
4. Intent to reside issue not resolved - how to define intention, what changes it, how it changes etc. IMHO case law will be the definitive answer to this.
5. Physical presence clause will kick in Summer 2015 - no actual date. 2 school of thoughts is my view - one a high profile cut off date of July 1 or go with the timeline to recent change to a 1 stop process of August 1.
6. No actual YYC citizenship inventory numbers, CIC staff numbers and output target provided so no definitive clarity on when processing times will decrease. CJ did state there was a significant increase in staffing in the last year. Logical that its linked to the fee increase. Also that target remains 1 year processing timeline by next year - this is driven by politics to a great extent as Feds are committed to this (read pre-elections).
7. RQ processing timelines still an issue - no max given but as per forum the WOM route and case law indicates the 36 month timeline a benchmark.
8. CJ confirmed focus is clearing out/completing 'routine applicants' so RQ average timeline I expect not to change much until the total citizenship inventory drops...obvious point is when 4 yr physical presence clause commences. Message is you don't want to get an RQ but the latest version of the application form helps with this by requesting more documentary evidence of residence.
9. A significant number of hearing referrals are due to a shortfall in days - she suggested applying with a buffer to account for 'forgetting' days.
10. Hearings can be difficult - CJ must follow the law. Often the applicant will beg, plead to be passed but following the law especially for language competency is core to the CJ and integrity of the office.
11. Frequency of testing has increased
12. Frequency of oaths set to increase

The set up really did not allow quality questioning. Ideally each person asking a question should have got 1 or max 2 questions. Many came to ask multiple questions related to their file. Each file specific to circumstances. Not entirely unexpected as this was more of an information session as opposed to a moderated forum.