+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Eminem slim shady

Aug 2, 2014
civic said:
So basically there was no clarification from CJ in regards to Calgary s delay.

Doesn't look like CIC nor the Citizenship Commission is taking the citizenship programme seriously at all. No transparency , no new ideas on how to make things move faster here in Calgary, no nothing. I might as well move to the Okanagan as I plan to and have my application transferred to Vancouver where I will receive my citizenship a heck of a lot faster than this place that is holding us up for no sensible reason.

pondering.in.prairies

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody with similar timelines waiting for a test date or have gone past the test and oath? My timeline:

Application recieved March 2013
In process july 31 2013
Transfer to calgary office feb 2014.

Waiting for a test date.

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
pondering.in.prairies said:
Anybody with similar timelines waiting for a test date or have gone past the test and oath? My timeline:

Application recieved March 2013
In process july 31 2013
Transfer to calgary office feb 2014.

Waiting for a test date.

Hi there I don't match ur timeline but according to the timelines u should be hearing from cic given that ur file is withou rq

pondering.in.prairies

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maria Ash said:
Hi there I don't match ur timeline but according to the timelines u should be hearing from cic given that ur file is withou rq
I've been waiting to hear something from them for month now, personally I know a couple of them who share my timeline and have become citizens in the past 30 days. So, unless they are really falling behind, I don't see why having a same application time line would cause such a test/oath timeline discrepancy, couple of weeks to a month is normal, Not even a test date for me yet, so going by the minimum time frame for my oath, I am a good 3-4 months (quarter) behind them, which makes no sense at all.

irajmirza

Star Member
Aug 26, 2009
My timeline is pretty much like you, I have done my test and waiting for oath invitation. It seems they are really slow these days.

Cheers

pondering.in.prairies

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamchaser said:
My timelines are similar,still waiting for the test date.
Looking at the spread sheet, apart from one test in September, with most of them in August, I don't see any test notifications at all, been reading the thread and looks like a lot them who have already taken the test are waiting for an oath. What is Calgary office up to? No major updates for a couple of months now? Does this have anything to do with the change in the application process ? (previously it was the Judge and now it is the Case Processing Worker), if that is the case, shouldn't it speed up the processing times not slow it down?

irajmirza

Star Member
Aug 26, 2009
Everything shows a severe slow down, maybe they are speeding up the new applications. We cannot do anything and we can just wait.

Cheers

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Texan01 - good to hear from you.

Over all this is really weird as CIC Calgary is all over the place. As per the sheet shozee, Dreamchaser and Texan01 should have got their test invite before SaffaMan, as all three have an earlier application send, in process and LOT dates.

I know for all three of them there has been no correspondence between CIC Calgary since they applied, therefore there should be no hold up. All of this makes it very hard to predict how long it test notification process is.

garyfaifai

Aug 15, 2014
Just received Oath Invitation letter from CIC Calgary, November 6th 8am at Harry Hays Building :D

Letter is dated October 3rd, sent out on October 6th and in the mailbox today.

If anyone is curious about my timeline please refer to my earlier posts.

Good sign that Calgary office is finally moving along!

Stillwaiting0710

Oct 7, 2014
Hi All,
I am new to this forum, Im a single applicant

Sent application October 8th 2013
Application received October 10th 2013
Start Processing : January 17th 2014
when I called CIC back in August they said it was sent to Calgary Office in March 2014 (did not want to tell me a specific date)

Still Waiting, do you guys have an idea in regards to people having tests these days, when their applications were sent to Calgary?

will keep you posted with my changes.

Thanks

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Stillwaiting0710 said:
Hi All,
I am new to this forum, Im a single applicant

Sent application October 8th 2013
Application received October 10th 2013
Start Processing : January 17th 2014
when I called CIC back in August they said it was sent to Calgary Office in March 2014 (did not want to tell me a specific date)

Still Waiting, do you guys have an idea in regards to people having tests these days, when their applications were sent to Calgary?

will keep you posted with my changes.

Thanks
Hi
You may refer to the spreadsheet of this group if you haven't already . You will find it on page 32 of this thread.
There in no really idea of whom is going to take the test next. Just waiting is what people recommend now.
My file was transferred in March 2014 too but no word for a test yet..

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garyfaifai said:
Just received Oath Invitation letter from CIC Calgary, November 6th 8am at Harry Hays Building :D

Letter is dated October 3rd, sent out on October 6th and in the mailbox today.

If anyone is curious about my timeline please refer to my earlier posts.

Good sign that Calgary office is finally moving along!
Congratulations! That's a very promising news for people waiting for oath, just curious did you see your e-case updated about the oath info too?

garyfaifai

Aug 15, 2014
CanuckForEver said:
Congratulations! That's a very promising news for people waiting for oath, just curious did you see your e-case updated about the oath info too?
E-case has not updated as of this moment. Seems to be very slow to login in the daytime tho.