+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
No , nothing received so far, no change in ecas. Could anyone tell me what number to call in CALGARY to know about the status of my application?
Thanks

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Shozee -

Call centre
The Call Centre can answer questions, in English and French, about Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) services and programs, or applications in process inside Canada.

Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

Case specific enquiries form (available to clients with an application submitted to an in-Canada office or online)
Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to prerecorded information about CIC programs, order application kits, and check the status of your application.
Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays.
You must choose one of the first five recorded options before you can speak to an agent.

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
Thanks for the effort. I called them already but they have no news and all she says that your case is in progress.....

Jul 25, 2014
Just FYI, i also got a notice to take the citizenship test :) I updated the excel spreadsheet for everyone's reference.

We sent you a notice on August 22, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 9, 2014 at 8:00 AM.

Good luck to everyone!

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
YYC_April24_2013 said:
Just FYI, i also got a notice to take the citizenship test :) I updated the excel spreadsheet for everyone's reference.

We sent you a notice on August 22, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 9, 2014 at 8:00 AM.

Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations!!!!! Please update us how the test and interview go..

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
Wow 3 test invitations in one week, I hope this means that Calgary office is making progress. Good luck to everyone!

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
APR2013APP said:
Wow 3 test invitations in one week, I hope this means that Calgary office is making progress. Good luck to everyone!
You are right ! Very encouraging ...do hope that the new decision making model and 44M grant would work !

Eminem slim shady

Aug 2, 2014
informatics said:
You are right ! Very encouraging ...do hope that the new decision making model and 44M grant would work !
So I was right after all, the record number of citizenship ceremonies Calgary has been having lately indicates files are surely moving. I wont be surprised if 1st Q 2014 applicants are also invited for tests this fall.Have you checked out Missassauga? They are having oaths every single day pretty much!

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
The problem I'm having is that they didn't give me enough notice to get my documents translated, 2 weeks with a long weekend in the middle is too short of a notice. Most of the translation offices I have spoke with are very busy, let alone the high rate they charge now ($5 per stamp). I suggest that you guys plan for this problem ahead of time as it might be a reason for RQ or delay after taking the test.

Eminem slim shady

Aug 2, 2014
APR2013APP said:
The problem I'm having is that they didn't give me enough notice to get my documents translated, 2 weeks with a long weekend in the middle is too short of a notice. Most of the translation offices I have spoke with are very busy, let alone the high rate they charge now ($5 per stamp). I suggest that you guys plan for this problem ahead of time as it might be a reason for RQ or delay after taking the test.

They need a better IT contractor, their computer system dates back to the 70s! So when ever an action is taken, it takes days and days to get updates, so by the time you are notified to provide this or that, its too late. Best thing is to follow the guide right from the get go, translate all docs before submitting your application so you are not delayed.

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
APR2013APP said:

April2013 ur saying about which documents translation I.e only stamps or something else
Thanks in advance for ur response

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
I was referring to stamps on the passport that need to be translated. @eminem I wish it was that easy to translate it from the beginning. Translations are only valid for 3 months, so even if I submitted a translated copy of the passport stamps when I submitted my application, by the time the test invitation date comes I would need a new translation for the interview. A friend of mine in Scarborough, ON had his test interview yesterday and the officer asked him every question you can imagine, the interview took about 40 minutes. This is probably how the decision making officers will be operating from now on.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
APR2013APP said:
I was referring to stamps on the passport that need to be translated. @ eminem I wish it was that easy to translate it from the beginning. Translations are only valid for 3 months, so even if I submitted a translated copy of the passport stamps when I submitted my application, by the time the test invitation date comes I would need a new translation for the interview. A friend of mine in Scarborough, ON had his test interview yesterday and the officer asked him every question you can imagine, the interview took about 40 minutes. This is probably how the decision making officers will be operating from now on.
Hello ,

Could you please confirm about the validity of passports stamps ? I didnt see anything about this issue at CIC website .I do have some stamps to get translated and was thinking of getting them translated soon but as per your knowledge I am thinking of postponing it .

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
To tell you the truth a friend of mine told me that a while back and I never bothered to verify the information. So I could be wrong...

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
APR2013APP said:
I was referring to stamps on the passport that need to be translated. @ eminem I wish it was that easy to translate it from the beginning. Translations are only valid for 3 months, so even if I submitted a translated copy of the passport stamps when I submitted my application, by the time the test invitation date comes I would need a new translation for the interview. A friend of mine in Scarborough, ON had his test interview yesterday and the officer asked him every question you can imagine, the interview took about 40 minutes. This is probably how the decision making officers will be operating from now on.
Hi,
Could you please share some of the questions that your friend were asked in his 40 minute interview ??
Thanks in advance,