+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
Again, his interview was in Scarborough, ON. The questions he told me about where about his intention to go back to Dubai (that's where he was living before coming to Canada), where he had worked in detail, how come he was unemployed for six months after landing, rent or own his house, kids' school records, wife's status in the country and when she plans to apply for citizenship (wife not applying with him). The officer even took copies of his employment letters. So basically they were trying to verify that he is living in Canada and has no intention of leaving after becoming a citizen. He also mentioned that the person next to him was asked on why she had left the country during her 3 years and when she said she was shopping the officer was not very happy and insisted she explains what kind of shopping and why she needs to go to another country to do that. All in all I think Ontario is much faster process but they also put the applicants under so much scrutiny.

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Thanks April for the reply
About ur friends experience I think it's more of an individual to individual thing I just had a friend come here to Calgary for their test n oath and he told them that his job transferred him outside canada and the officer said it's not their concern they were concerned about their stamps n the time spent in canada I.e the three years time calculated so it's all about experience I hope everything turns smoothe for everyone in this forum 8)

bzcanada123

Sep 1, 2014
Hello folks,

I had stayed with this awesome forum for a while when I applied for my maple leaf card four years ago. Today, I'm back :) and join the thread in a new section "citizenship." I would call myself "calgarian" as I've been here since I landed. I submitted my package on June 24, which was delivered on July 2. My ECAS shows both "Received" and "In Process" and states that CIC starts processing my application on Aug 22. I'm wondering how long it will take them to transfer my file to Calgary CIC and how long I can expect to hear from the test date. During the past four years, I had overseas travel once or twice a year to either China or US, and each time didn't last more than two weeks. I don't think I will get RQ (hopefully I won't!). Thank anyone who has an idea to my questions.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Alex30031975 - Did you get a test invite? Just want to confirm, excel sheet was updated, with test notification for you as August 25th.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
APR2013APP said:
To tell you the truth a friend of mine told me that a while back and I never bothered to verify the information. So I could be wrong...
Okay thanx...I would call CIC to check .

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
bzcanada123 said:
Hello folks,

I had stayed with this awesome forum for a while when I applied for my maple leaf card four years ago. Today, I'm back :) and join the thread in a new section "citizenship." I would call myself "calgarian" as I've been here since I landed. I submitted my package on June 24, which was delivered on July 2. My ECAS shows both "Received" and "In Process" and states that CIC starts processing my application on Aug 22. I'm wondering how long it will take them to transfer my file to Calgary CIC and how long I can expect to hear from the test date. During the past four years, I had overseas travel once or twice a year to either China or US, and each time didn't last more than two weeks. I don't think I will get RQ (hopefully I won't!). Thank anyone who has an idea to my questions.
bzcanada123 Fortunately/unfortunately (depending on your point of view) with all the changes caused by C-24 and the injection of funds to clear the backlog, any estimate for you is likely to be just a wild guess :) The system appears to be getting quicker FWIW.

maplestar

Sep 2, 2014
Hello Guys,

Just joined the forum and thought to share my information.
My time lines:
Applied for citizenship: August 21st 2011 (Calgary)
Application Recieved: August 24th 2011
Application started processing: January 31 2012
RQ : December 5th 2012
Reply to RQ : December 28th 2012
Current Status : Still in process

Call center response on August 29th 2014: In queue to be reviewed..... :(

Isn't it really frustating and annoying???

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
Whats going on in Calgary CIC , seeing people in Mississauga getting test date in 7 months.
Our is slowest.
Guys please sign on the petition.

Eminem slim shady

Aug 2, 2014
can_aussie said:
Whats going on in Calgary CIC , seeing people in Mississauga getting test date in 7 months.
Our is slowest.
Guys please sign on the petition.
[/quote

I already have. We need to go public on this one and bring this to the attention of Mayor Neshi, All Calgary MPs and also PM Harper! This needs a huge push.Misassauga is having oaths pretty much everyday this month, really explains this federal programme doesn't work federally at all.

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
a.R. said:
Any updates guys?
Hi a.R.

I called CIC yesterday and the agent told me that our citizenship is approved on 19th Aug(Test was on 18th). Oath is not scheduled yet. Looks like will be in October.

thanks

Calgary546

Mar 10, 2013
maplestar said:
Hello Guys,

Just joined the forum and thought to share my information.
My time lines:
Applied for citizenship: August 21st 2011 (Calgary)
Application Recieved: August 24th 2011
Application started processing: January 31 2012
RQ : December 5th 2012
Reply to RQ : December 28th 2012
Current Status : Still in process

Call center response on August 29th 2014: In queue to be reviewed..... :(

Isn't it really frustating and annoying???
Hi maplestar,

Sorry to hear about your agony (as well). My timelines are pretty much the same as yours (check my previous posts for more details) - finally had my test last week i.e. Aug 25th. I would recommend that you inquire with Calgary office directly via their fax number 403-292-6240. No guarantees that they will expediate the processing, but you got to try.

Best of luck.

maplestar

Sep 2, 2014
Thank you Calgary546.
Looks like you are 3-4 months ahead of me.
You got RQ in August 2012 and I got in December 2012.
I hope I get it some time in December this year.
Seems like a never ending process in Calgary office.

maplestar

Sep 2, 2014
Hello Calgary546,

Appreciate if you could please let me know what should I write to Calgary CIC offfice to enquire status of my application .

world

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
SuperCitizen said:
Hi a.R.

I called CIC yesterday and the agent told me that our citizenship is approved on 19th Aug(Test was on 18th). Oath is not scheduled yet. Looks like will be in October.

thanks
hello,
The agent told you that the citizenship is approved so I believe nothing to worry now, but did the agent tell you anything about the oath date.I gave the test on August/14/2014