+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
APR2013APP said:
We sent you a notice on August 22, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 8, 2014 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment
Awesome, all the best. Finally got your notice after so much of wait, glad you received it.

Calgary546

Mar 10, 2013
Hello Guys,

I would greatly appreciate if someone can share the average wait time for citizenship oath here in Calgary. I had my test on August 25th and the officer mentioned that it is taking 3 to 4 months. Is that really the case. For those of you who wrote their tests in July or August, have you heard anything yet?

Thanks.

Calgary546

Mar 10, 2013
APR2013APP said:
We sent you a notice on August 22, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 8, 2014 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment

Congrats APR2013APP. Best of luck!

Calgary546

Mar 10, 2013
a.R. said:
Calgary546 - What are your timeline? Ca you please fill out the document below (link), you should be able to look up the average oath time there too.
Sure a.R. I will fill this later today. Here are my timelines:

Application Submitted: May 2011
Case Transferred to Calgary: Jan 2012
RQ Received: Jul 2012
RQ Response: Aug 2012
Test Date: Aug 25, 2014

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Calgary546 said:
Sure a.R. I will fill this later today. Here are my timelines:

Application Submitted: May 2011
Case Transferred to Calgary: Jan 2012
RQ Received: Jul 2012
RQ Response: Aug 2012
Test Date: Aug 25, 2014
Congratulations!! but do you know why you received RQ? why it took you too long?

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
yesterday1234 said:
i am in calgary too
lot of people already got the test and some people already oath same me application :(
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 3, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 11, 2014.

We sent you a letter on May 8, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Looks like your file was processed very fast!! i.e., time between they received your file and started processing

Calgary546

Mar 10, 2013
wsm_al said:
Congratulations!! but do you know why you received RQ? why it took you too long?
Thanks wsm_al. I have a US Green Card so that could have been the reason. Why Calgary office took 2 years to process after my RQ response, I have no clue and this baffles me as well.

In fact, I have some friends (in Calgary) who got RQ's around mid 2013 but their cases were processed much quickly and they have been Canadian citizens for past many months. I was always under the impression that RQ cases would be reviewed / processed in the order the additional documentation was submitted. Ofcourse I was wrong! Maybe some senior forum members can share insight based on their previous experiences.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Calgary546 said:
Thanks wsm_al. I have a US Green Card so that could have been the reason. Why Calgary office took 2 years to process after my RQ response, I have no clue and this baffles me as well.

In fact, I have some friends (in Calgary) who got RQ's around mid 2013 but their cases were processed much quickly and they have been Canadian citizens for past many months. I was always under the impression that RQ cases would be reviewed / processed in the order the additional documentation was submitted. Ofcourse I was wrong! Maybe some senior forum members can share insight based on their previous experiences.
Thanks Calgary546!! I wish you all the best in your future!!

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test date Oath Date
Aug 5, 2014 Sep 25, 2014
Aug 8, 2014 Second week of Oct, 2014

You might get oath letter within 3/4 weeks of your test date if everything is okay with your file.

Calgary546 said:
Hello Guys,

I would greatly appreciate if someone can share the average wait time for citizenship oath here in Calgary. I had my test on August 25th and the officer mentioned that it is taking 3 to 4 months. Is that really the case. For those of you who wrote their tests in July or August, have you heard anything yet?

Thanks.

Calgarian_SW

Jan 20, 2014
APR2013APP said:
Looks like we will have test on same day. My test is at 8:00am.
All the best!

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Calgarian_SW said:
Looks like we will have test on same day. My test is at 8:00am.
All the best!

Calgarian_SW,

Please keep us posted your progress and update the sheet, as you were one before, it helps all future applicants better forecast their timelines.

Same applies to all other who are in this thread and waiting for their turn !

Thanks
YYC_CICGUY

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Calgarian_SW, congrats, your file went through pretty quick.

Guys over all it seems as if CIC Calgary office does process application by LOT dates.

shozee any updates on your end??

Calgary546

Mar 10, 2013
scorpion_ca said:
Test date Oath Date
Aug 5, 2014 Sep 25, 2014
Aug 8, 2014 Second week of Oct, 2014

You might get oath letter within 3/4 weeks of your test date if everything is okay with your file.
Thanks so much scorpion_ca