+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regina_jy said:
Peace people Peace!! Things will move on. Why so much fuss??
Yes of course we all see things will move on for the East. Things remain standstill for the West. Lol

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Its not about peace or war, its about being fair. I'm sure a lot of applicants like me have to travel for work purposes, be it States or Europe. Not having a Canadian Passport is having a major impact on my career growth. Also, as civic mentioned, all of us have fulfilled the requirements just as people in the east. Its only fair that sufficient resources should be allocated to Western provinces.

@ civic, I will be sending an email to my MP in Calgary S.W. Mr. Stephen Harper. This will be interesting. Will keep you guys posted.

yesterday1234

Aug 26, 2014
i am in calgary too
lot of people already got the test and some people already oath same me application :(
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 3, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 11, 2014.

We sent you a letter on May 8, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
a.R. said:
Its not about peace or war, its about being fair. I'm sure a lot of applicants like me have to travel for work purposes, be it States or Europe. Not having a Canadian Passport is having a major impact on my career growth. Also, as civic mentioned, all of us have fulfilled the requirements just as people in the east. Its only fair that sufficient resources should be allocated to Western provinces.

@ civic, I will be sending an email to my MP in Calgary S.W. Mr. Stephen Harper. This will be interesting. Will keep you guys posted.
I will send an email to my MP too.
Guys, do you know who represents Calgary downtown ?

Yes, as I mentioned before we are not declaring war against CIC. If we highlight the issue , they may rectify this.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlexRox said:
I will send an email to my MP too.
Guys, do you know who represents Calgary downtown ?

Yes, as I mentioned before we are not declaring war against CIC. If we highlight the issue , they may rectify this.
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calcan said:
Very good Initiative,

I already sent to my MP Jason Kenney. Lets hope this will make some change.
If every affected person in Calgary send this same email to MP addressing the issue and request personal meeting, I think something will change for all of us.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
civic said:
If every affected person in Calgary send this same email to MP addressing the issue and request personal meeting, I think something will change for all of us.
Absolutely, specially if it is the same email i guess. Unless, they think its spam.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An option is for an applicant in YYC to take the lead and file a writ stating a delay vis a vis GTA processing times. The problem is getting any lawyer to get on board with this. Maybe talk to the owner of the forum.

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Msafiri said:
An option is for an applicant in YYC to take the lead and file a writ stating a delay vis a vis GTA processing times. The problem is getting any lawyer to get on board with this. Maybe talk to the owner of the forum.
Msafiri, Can we do this as a group ? Is there any provision for that ?

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Has anyone from Calgary applied for citizenship at another office (i.e. Scarborough)? Is that possible, and if they accepted the app would they process there or move it to Calgary?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlexRox said:
Msafiri, Can we do this as a group ? Is there any provision for that ?
This 'group' approach is referred to as a class action and must affect most if not all of the 'citizenship inventory'. There was one in the pipeline for RQd applicants with no end to site of their RQ review but the legal profession did not seem to have much appetite for this. Its also costly and is long winded so by the time any action happens you may have had your oath months beforehand - will you still be keen to carry on? CIC have revised the original RQ OB407 of May 2012 to OB407D (critieria not known but can be figured out) so the RQ issuance rate has fallen significantly. The increased $400 fee which should improve processing times, obvious drop in processing times for ON where say 50% of the citizenship inventory is and Bill C-24 makes a class action a non starter (IMHO). The writ route is faster, cheaper and you get an answer more or less right away.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Msafiri said:
Would writ really work, as CIC officially claims that the processing time can be up to 24 months for regular applicants?

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
We sent you a notice on August 22, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 8, 2014 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment