Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
The letter said about the prearrival services. That's interesting why they send such later to the inland applicants. However, I saw some people get this letter. Probably, it depends on VO. They send me this letter next day of medical passed,
Yeah, some inland applicants receive them and others don't. Can't use it to gauge if one's application is faring well or not... Like I mentioned before, I got it but my friend from PEI didn't.

Reactions: Saif11

sonalim

Star Member
May 19, 2022
Hi,
Can someone please reply to this question.
Does IRCC sends any automated/or confirmation email once we submit any document either via webform or if they have asked ADR then only?
Anyone who had been asked for ADR or has submitted an upfront document without IRCC asking on webform, please do reply.
Thank you.

Amanjotkaur18

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Hi,
Called an IRCC after approx one month. Last time, info sharing and security was left. Now, info - sharing is complete and security is not started yet. My file is still in Sydney…
Anybody have any idea how long security is gonna take?? Does Sydney office finalize the applications??

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
Hi,
Can someone please reply to this question.
Does IRCC sends any automated/or confirmation email once we submit any document either via webform or if they have asked ADR then only?
Anyone who had been asked for ADR or has submitted an upfront document without IRCC asking on webform, please do reply.
Thank you.
You get two emails after you submit a webform:

1. Generic/Automated email:

'We’re experiencing a high volume of requests, so our response may be delayed. We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.'

2. Another email (used to be a month after webform submission) which will confirm like this:

'We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.'

It think it should not matter if they asked for ADR or not, because every time I sent a webform (even with no ADR), I got two emails.

Edit: They might also address the documents and enquiry separately as indicated on the email (second):
  • If your enquiry was solely to provide documents, please note this is the only response you will receive.
  • If your enquiry included additional questions in addition to the documents, they will be addressed separately, as soon as possible.
Also note the 'inquiry' and 'enquiry' for a difference between automatic reply versus reply of someone "possibly with a British English background".

Last edited:

Deewar

Star Member
Jun 12, 2022
Hi,
Called an IRCC after approx one month. Last time, info sharing and security was left. Now, info - sharing is complete and security is not started yet. My file is still in Sydney…
Anybody have any idea how long security is gonna take?? Does Sydney office finalize the applications??
For me last thing before security was criminality and it passed on the 18th of April. From then whenever I called they said security is not started. Background check showed completed on portal on the 25th of May. I had called on the 18th and was told security is still not started. So i am guessing even if they say its not started its possible its being being worked upon in the background. but after last update security took another 1.25 months almost. Although with IRCC you cant say anything. Hopefully you will hear the good news soon.

Reactions: Amanjotkaur18

harinder_singh

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding my Medical Exam. Under the new rule, which says that Medical won't be required it it has already been done in the last 5 years and I fall under low/no risk category by the medical personnel. I have applied OINP ISS, non-EE. My last update was Biometrics request (November 8, 2022).
AR- July 11, 2022
ADR- September and October, 2022
AOR and BIL - November 8, 2022.
No other update (other than Biometrics received on November 21, 2022 on the tracker)

What do you guys think about my Application status not being updated for 6 months?
Tracker:-
Biometrics-Passed
Medical- Not Started
Background Check- In Progress
Eligibility- Not Started

harinder_singh

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Hi Jay,

I also called on the 19th to ask why my updated date says May 12th and no updates, call centre agent says updates on enquiries show in the history but if you get an updated date, it means an officer completed a check. I am hoping that's true because my BGC has also been in progress since 19th April with eligibility not started and I received two ghost updates like that on the 11th and 12th of May.

Good luck!
I have also read on a Twitter post by IRCC saying that the "Last Updated" date refers to when the page was refreshed last and not necessarily has anything to do with an officer working on your file.
I used to think that someone is working on my file almost every other day. I also thought that those were called Ghost Updates, I was absolutely wrong.
Hope you get positive result soon.

AMD171

Star Member
May 23, 2023
For ADR, they asked for- Recent paystubs, Job duties letter and a copy of my PGWP.
BIL stands for Biometrics Instructions Letter, or some call it Biometrics Request.
did you call IRCC? call them and ask about your eligibility, criminality , info-sharing, and security, don't rely on tracker its not fully functional , i see a lot of people get ecorp even the portal says eligibility not started, my eligibility is passed but still portal shows not started, order gcms notes or call ircc and confirm with them

harinder_singh

Star Member
May 11, 2023
did you call IRCC? call them and ask about your eligibility, criminality , info-sharing, and security, don't rely on tracker its not fully functional , i see a lot of people get ecorp even the portal says eligibility not started, my eligibility is passed but still portal shows not started, order gcms notes or call ircc and confirm with them
I was afraid that calling them might leave a negative impact on my application but after talking with several applicants and my representative also recommended me to give them a call, if I feel the need to do so. I think calling them time and again for the same thing might annoy them but not if we call them once?
My representative also said that GCMS notes are not required unless you get a refusal or it has been past the processing time (i.e. 19 months) for the application.
I am planning to call them tomorrow though.
Thanks for the information though.

harinder_singh

Star Member
May 11, 2023
You can try compressing your pdf. Search for pdf compressor online. I was able to compress mine several times.
My timeline is very similar, my
AR is July 11, 2022 (vs July 3, yours)
AOR- Nov. 8, 2022
Biometrics received by them- November 21, 2022, same as yours.
But I got no Medical request although I have my medical done within the last 5 years (in 2021)
Waiting for my Portal-1

OINP ISS (Online and Inland)

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
My timeline is very similar, my
AR is July 11, 2022 (vs July 3, yours)
AOR- Nov. 8, 2022
Biometrics received by them- November 21, 2022, same as yours.
But I got no Medical request although I have my medical done within the last 5 years (in 2021)
Waiting for my Portal-1

OINP ISS (Online and Inland)
I got portal 1 a couple of days after I submitted an ATIP notes request. Not sure if that triggered my Portal 1 though, could just be a coincidence.

In another note, my WP application from my OINP nomination (WPSL) is still pending R10/eligibility as per ATIP notes. I submitted that application back in September 2022...

Also, tracker for my PR application shows eligibility still not started. Background is completed and I have my eCOPR number and expiry date.

Amanjotkaur18

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
For me last thing before security was criminality and it passed on the 18th of April. From then whenever I called they said security is not started. Background check showed completed on portal on the 25th of May. I had called on the 18th and was told security is still not started. So i am guessing even if they say its not started its possible its being being worked upon in the background. but after last update security took another 1.25 months almost. Although with IRCC you cant say anything. Hopefully you will hear the good news soon.
Thanks

shanew

Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
I have also read on a Twitter post by IRCC saying that the "Last Updated" date refers to when the page was refreshed last and not necessarily has anything to do with an officer working on your file.
I used to think that someone is working on my file almost every other day. I also thought that those were called Ghost Updates, I was absolutely wrong.
Hope you get positive result soon.
There are two dates on the tracker:
  • Updated - This changes when there is a change on your file or (from what I notice) when you call IRCC (Updates normally shows the next day).
  • Last logged in - Date when you last logged into the portal.
I use the tracker in along with GCKey, and ECAS as they all give a little more than any one of them individually.
The updates I normally consider ghost updates or relevant updates are from GCKEY. Whenever you see Application/Profile updated there, something major changed, either you passed your medicals, and ADR was requested, and ADR was received or your application was approved/rejected.
Checking ECAS (the next day) will usually tell you what happened, along with the application status (In Process, Decision Made).
Finally, the Application Status Tracker gives you other information on a few stages along with COPR numbers, which is a good indication that your application was approved.

Both ECAS and AST shows updates one day after the change occurred while GCKEY is normally updated the same day. - For example, lets say you passed all stages and is pretty much waiting for DM, you log into GCKEY and see Application/Profile Updated, you open your application and saw no change or updates. If you check the AST or ECAS the next day around noon, you will see the updates.