Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-10
Hi Christine :

Congrats to you !! When did u send u'r full docs to Visa Office ?

Goal

amritsinghqa

Jan 7, 2010
@ Fariza,

i was just wondering i need to show my marriage DVD to VO... so in that case do i need to take my Laptop Along with me or they will have some device with them to view my Marriage CDS.... i have also Captured all the Pics and DVD in a Portable Hard Drive... Kindly Suggest how its would be .....

Wolfman567

Oct 28, 2009
New-Delhi (India)
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello amritsinghqa,

You have given perfect answer to your own question. Yes keep that ready and I think It would be act as soild proof.

Regards

Wolfy

amritsinghqa

Jan 7, 2010
Wolfman567 said:
Hello amritsinghqa,

You have given perfect answer to your own question. Yes keep that ready and I think It would be act as soild proof.

Regards

Wolfy
Hi Wolfman567,

Do i need to take my Laptop to play those CDS along with me or they will provide me a Laptop to connect and show all the Photographs and Pics?

Regards
Amrit

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats katoky

@ Amrit... Wolfy advised you right... I think CD is fine... you can take some prints and photo album as well... Hope you are also taking your wife along too at the INTV.... Don't worry everything will be alright for you

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
Hi Goal,

I submitted my full docs to my Visa Office - which is in Vienna - in the middle of December however at the end of January I was asked to send some more supporting documents /IELTS and police certificate from the UK/. I sent these extra documents at the end of March. I think the process of my case is quite quick. We are going for the medical examination tomorrow.

amritsinghqa

Jan 7, 2010
fariza said:
Congrats katoky

@ Amrit... Wolfy advised you right... I think CD is fine... you can take some prints and photo album as well... Hope you are also taking your wife along too at the INTV.... Don't worry everything will be alright for you
Thanks Fariza...i will take the CDS but where i am going to play the CDS ..i need a Laptop to play it... will i get a Laptop from CHC to Play my CDS or i take my own Laptop?

I am taking my Wife along with me.... :)
Amrit

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katoky said:
hi all,
i got 2nd approval today 22/6/10 via regular mail
full docs recieved 14/6/10 and they issue me AOR 17/6/10
all the best for all
katoky
hello!
congrats again. i sent my full docs to the visa office on june 02, 2010 to singapore visa ofice but i havent received any AOR from them. yes. i have advised them that i wanna include my wife and sent application fee, other essential docs relating to my marriage. is it the reason that they are taking time for the complicated procesing
pls leave your kind comments
regards

goal

Jun 8, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-10
Hi Christine32 ,

Thanks !! Yah ,looks quite quick and I am glad for that .Let us know how your Medical goes .Good luck with your Medical.

Goal

ASMAFIR

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my application to CIO, Sydney, today.

K

katoky

no, dear imu,
i dont think so..
marriage is the vital part of one's life
it cannot coz probs
it ll not complcate ur process
wait.....
keep patience
sometimes it need 1 month even
wishing ur approval very soon
all the best
katoky

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katoky said:
no, dear imu,
i dont think so..
marriage is the vital part of one's life
it cannot coz probs
it ll not complcate ur process
wait.....
keep patience
sometimes it need 1 month even
wishing ur approval very soon
all the best
katoky
thanks a lot again, katoky
best regards

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amritsinghqa said:
Thanks Fariza...i will take the CDS but where i am going to play the CDS ..i need a Laptop to play it... will i get a Laptop from CHC to Play my CDS or i take my own Laptop?

I am taking my Wife along with me.... :)
Amrit
Hi Amritsingh,

You dont have to take your laptop with you, immigration does have all these equipments, just take the CD with you, i will suggest to take 2 copies of CDs with you as they may want to see your video later after the interview so just take an extra copy incase they need to keep it and take your photo album along with you, try to take those pictures in which there are other people as well except you and your wife. If you have a wedding invitation card with you take that as well.

Good Luck

Cheers
Saki

amritsinghqa

Jan 7, 2010
saki said:
Hi Amritsingh,

You dont have to take your laptop with you, immigration does have all these equipments, just take the CD with you, i will suggest to take 2 copies of CDs with you as they may want to see your video later after the interview so just take an extra copy incase they need to keep it and take your photo album along with you, try to take those pictures in which there are other people as well except you and your wife. If you have a wedding invitation card with you take that as well.

Good Luck

Cheers
Saki
Thanks Saki ..:)

amritsinghqa

Jan 7, 2010
Hi Fariza,

i am sharing this information which might help you out ... just go through it...

On the day of your interview, the following sequence should occur:
1) Be familiar with the address and directions to the Visa Office
2) You and your spouse should dress formally, suit preferred
3) You should arrive at least half an hour early to your scheduled interview time and report at the reception and
present your interview letter.
4) You will be called in the visa of the visa officer handling your case. You, your spouse and all dependents aged 18
years or more are required to attend. You may be the only person interviewed or others may be interviewed as well. Ensure that you wait in the reception area and do not leave until you are called in.
5) Introduce yourself to the visa officer and wait until the officer introduces himself/herself to you. Follow their instructions from this point onwards.
6) Do not provide any documents to the visa officer if not requested. Respond to all asked questions in a thorough
but concise manner, unless the officer requests further details.
7) Have all your documents including those of your spouse and dependent children handy and easy to locate. Do not provide any documents unless requested.
8) If you have noticed any errors in your immigration forms, bring them to the notice of the immigration officer.
10) If do not understand a question please ask the visa officer to clarify/repeat the question for you. If the officer requests a document, which you do not have with you, ask the officer if you can submit it later by way of mail.
11) You will be asked many questions about your present job description and past work experience. You should
answer all questions confidently. You should know your intended occupation(s) in Canada and the job description(s) of your intended occupation(s) in Canada.
12) Your partner and children (over 19 years of age) might be interviewed separately about their background, their
education, experience, language proficiency and future in Canada.
n At the end of the interview you can politely ask the visa officer about the outcome of your application.
n You may be advised to receive your COPR, while at the visa office or you may be advised to wait for a decision on the case. This is entirely at the discretion of the visa officer.

Interview Preparation
1) The following represents a list of things to do in anticipation of your interview:
2) Knowledge of Canada: You should have some knowledge of Canada, including information about its history,
geography, provinces & territories, political parties, culture and economy. If you require further details consult:http://www.canada.gc.ca
English/French Proficiency skills: You should be able to communicate fluently with the visa officer and confirm the stated levels of fluency, which you have marked in your application. If you are not able to communicate properly in English, you should use an interpreter, but keep in mind that this may adversely impact your application.

2) Your Occupational Details: You should be familiar with all of the occupations listed in your application, as well as the “main duties” of each occupation. You must be able to convince an immigration officer that you perform a substantial number of duties of the listed occupations. The job descriptions lists the main duties that a professional is expected to perform in a particular occupation in Canada. Please make sure that you go through these job descriptions in detail. It is extremely important that the job responsibilities and duties you have been performing till date at your present and previous jobs match with the main duties described in the enclosed definition of your intended occupations.

3) The Visa officer will look for similarities between the job responsibilities and duties you have performed till date and the main duties that a professional in Canada is required to perform in your intended occupation(s). For a list of NOC occupations and main duties, refer to http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/generic/welcome.shtml

4) Knowledge About Your Intended Occupation: You need to know complete details about your intended
occupation in Canada. This may include: occupational demand & job potential, your present profession standing as per Canadian Standards and the shortfalls, steps to bridge the shortfalls, assessment of educational and professional qualifications from Professional Bodies & Associations, steps taken to upgrade skills by taking additional courses, licensing procedure for your intended occupation(s), details of licensing exams including fees and course content, preparation for such exams, steps to ensure getting a job in your intended occupation. For further details consult: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/home.shtml
n Steps Taken to Improve Employment Prospects: You must show an immigration officer all efforts taken to
become ready for employment in Canada. These can include: enhancing language skills, enhancing computer skills, Professional assessment from Professional Bodies/Associations of Canada, educational assessments, job searches done by you including resumes forwarded to potential employers and their replies. You must keep a copy of all resumes forwarded and provide them at your interview, research of your job including list of potential employers in Canada, provide details on where you will stay in Canada, costs involved and rough idea of cost of living.

5) Educational Background: Prepare detailed educational record with dates, names of institutions, description of courses/certificates/degrees taken. Details of any commendations, merit certificates, awards, scholarships etc. received during the course of your education. Also, details of any additional courses/training/apprenticeship acquired to enhance your skills or made you proficient in the job you are doing. In view of your intended occupation in Canada, explain the intention behind completing the courses taken with respect to your career goals. Also highlight details of foreign trips for studies/ conventions /seminars / presentations / training undertaken in regards to Education.
6) Employment History: In view of your intended occupation, prepare detailed employment record with detailed
explanation of nature of duties performed at each and every job. Please highlight all commendations,
appreciation letters, promotions, increments or any other awards or incentives given to you in appreciation of your good work. If available, provide promotional and other material used by your previous and past employers including brochures, leaflets, price-lists, photographs etc.
7) Assistance in settlement in Canada: Give all the details regarding assistance, you expect from
friend/relatives in Canada.
Documents to be arranged in a folder: Arrange your documents in a folder with a table of Contents for ease
of location. All the documents should be original except original of which have already been submitted to the Immigration authorities. Your spouse has to prepare a separate folder.

8) Corrections on Immigration Forms: Review the Immigration forms, which you have submitted and note down typing, other errors and changes to be made. Also inform the visa officer about these during the interview.
Other Important Things to keep in Mind
9) Children over 19 years of age are considered dependent on parents and can accompany parents to Canada as dependents only if they remain in full-time studies. There should not be a break in their full-time studies of more than 6months.

All the Best Fariza... :)