Hi everyone, I’m looking for advice from anyone experienced with IRCC refusals and NOC classification.
My PR application was refused this past Thursday, October 1, so only 3 days ago. The officer determined that my DWP Work Coach employment falls under NOC 41321 rather than the NOC 42201 I claimed.
I believe the issue may be that both NOCs are somewhat career/employment related. However, my actual role also focuses heavily on clients’ social needs, assessing their circumstances and referring them to other agencies/services to address their barriers and help them get back on their feet before moving towards employment.
The officer’s suggested NOC also involves duties such as creating CVs and providing skills training, which are not duties I perform.
There is also a date error in one of the employment documents I submitted. The correct employment period was 10 March to 31 December 2025, but the document stated 2026. I’m resending my employment slips and other evidence to clearly establish the correct dates.
I had two employments included in my application, and when both are considered, I believe I meet the required one year of qualifying experience.
I’m considering requesting a reassessment/reconsideration, and I want to provide a detailed comparison of my actual duties against both NOCs.
I’d really appreciate advice from anyone who has dealt with a similar NOC classification/work experience refusal, particularly whether the officer’s classification can be challenged where the actual duties appear to align better with the NOC claimed.
My PR application was refused this past Thursday, October 1, so only 3 days ago. The officer determined that my DWP Work Coach employment falls under NOC 41321 rather than the NOC 42201 I claimed.
I believe the issue may be that both NOCs are somewhat career/employment related. However, my actual role also focuses heavily on clients’ social needs, assessing their circumstances and referring them to other agencies/services to address their barriers and help them get back on their feet before moving towards employment.
The officer’s suggested NOC also involves duties such as creating CVs and providing skills training, which are not duties I perform.
There is also a date error in one of the employment documents I submitted. The correct employment period was 10 March to 31 December 2025, but the document stated 2026. I’m resending my employment slips and other evidence to clearly establish the correct dates.
I had two employments included in my application, and when both are considered, I believe I meet the required one year of qualifying experience.
I’m considering requesting a reassessment/reconsideration, and I want to provide a detailed comparison of my actual duties against both NOCs.
I’d really appreciate advice from anyone who has dealt with a similar NOC classification/work experience refusal, particularly whether the officer’s classification can be challenged where the actual duties appear to align better with the NOC claimed.
