+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No passport request yet

mdureja1

Jul 7, 2015
Hello,

I have applied for Permanent Residency under Family Class Inside Canada and my application was received in April 2016. I got a correspondence in May 2017asking for more details which I submitted the same day. There has been no update since then. It says additional documents were received in August 2017 and since then they have been doing background check.

Has this happened to anyone and what next should i be doing ?

Please suggest.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
There may be people in a similar situation over in this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2016-timeline-and-updates.389295/

Generally, People suggest contacting your MP and calling CIC for cases that are stuck for many months with no apparent movement. In the worst case, CIC requested information which you may not have provided and which may have consequences for you so probably best to inquire directly with CIC to make sure.

However, background checks have been known to take time (I think some say even up to 6 months or more) for people. That all depends on your personal history too. Hopefully your case is progressing normally, albeit slowly, though.

Hoping for a good outcome for you.