+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

Bwave

Nov 25, 2014
kollins said:
I'm so happy for you......
Wishing you speedy completion/conclusion of the whole process.
Once again,Congrats .
Cheers
. Oga Kollins, trust you're good? Please I sent you a PM some days ago did you see it? Thanks

Jun 20, 2015
my fellow people.congrats to you all.we really have good brains here in this forum and other Canada related forums.been trying so hard to see if I can read all(don't think it s possible)but it s not easy at all.i must confess we are indeed blessed in this country(Nigeria)and we have good brains here.my fellow people why don't we try and look at ways of making this our country great just like Canada we are all running to.people made it that way and I m sure we ll all do that if we unite rather than going there to do menial jobs.i also read in this forum from Collins that said it might take an average of 2 to 5 years for one to get settled and all and this requires hardwork.my fellow people let s all unite and make this country great and beautiful just the way other oyinbo countries are.Belive me we ll all get there and sooner than you know it this forum will change to "Canadians that have applied for federal skilled workers in Nigeria"lots of young successful guys r really uniting to see a way of making this country great.hot brains like Andrew,Collins.Kaybb,Pipishusband,solomonthe great,etc.you can join the list of successful guys on fb and other social media to reason together to see how we ll make this country great just like othersrather than going there to do menial jobs.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Bwave said:
.Oga Kollins, trust you're good? Please I sent you a PM some days ago did you see it? Thanks
Responded immediately but seems your inbox was already full thereby not accepting new mails but I'm hoping its fine.Alternatively,you can reach me through nairaland pm inter-phase if you are still active there.
Lovely weekend.
Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
nigeriagobetter said:
my fellow people.congrats to you all.we really have good brains here in this forum and other Canada related forums.been trying so hard to see if I can read all(don't think it s possible)but it s not easy at all.i must confess we are indeed blessed in this country(Nigeria)and we have good brains here.my fellow people why don't we try and look at ways of making this our country great just like Canada we are all running to.people made it that way and I m sure we ll all do that if we unite rather than going there to do menial jobs.i also read in this forum from Collins that said it might take an average of 2 to 5 years for one to get settled and all and this requires hardwork.my fellow people let s all unite and make this country great and beautiful just the way other oyinbo countries are.Belive me we ll all get there and sooner than you know it this forum will change to "Canadians that have applied for federal skilled workers in Nigeria"lots of young successful guys r really uniting to see a way of making this country great.hot brains like Andrew,Collins.Kaybb,Pipishusband,solomonthe great,etc.you can join the list of successful guys on fb and other social media to reason together to see how we ll make this country great just like othersrather than going there to do menial jobs.
Thanks for your comment and concerns...
I have actually flag-up your post in another sister thread(http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-from-nigeria-lets-network-t202722.0.html;msg4412279#msg4412279) for comments and discussion on it......not forgetting here also.
I will appreciate you to join in the discussion also for productive and constructive comments/conclusions to be reached.
Cheers.

mamaj

Sep 24, 2013
Hello friends, pls has anyone exchanged the Nigerian temporary driving licence for the Canadian one? How does it work?

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations PORPHRY, wishing you speedy conclusion of your CoPR and PRV.

PORPHRY said:
All praises due to God Almighty, I received my PPR mail yesterday.

PORPHRY

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-14 and 01-06-15
AOR Received.
14-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
Ed_b_good said:
Congratulations PORPHRY, wishing you speedy conclusion of your CoPR and PRV.
many thanks to you sir.

akeme

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015
Nomination.....
10-10-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
Hi My good people,

Please i need your help, a friend that got his visa two month ago is planning to be in canada next month but only intend to stay for a week why his resident card will be posted to him by his friend in canada since that is the address he will be using.

But while booking on klm website the following message appeared:

(KLM, like other airlines, is obliged due to Canadian legislation to provide the Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) with passenger reservation information (PNR)

Now he want to know what specific information airlines sent to Canada Border Service Agency, do they sent only the arrival ticket details or both arrival and return details.

Me too i need to know this becos am going to do the same once my visa arrived by God grace

Thank you foryour help

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nanonye said:
Hi guys, really been a while.
Thankfully i landed safely on Saturday June 6; Lagos - London - Toronto - Calgary via BA and Air Canada. Smooth ride although i missed my connection to Calgary from Toronto due to the long queue at customs. Was transferred to another flight an hour later. Yet to settle in sha but God dey. Gotten SIN, Bank Acc and done the Health stuff.

I got to know about two potentially nice events yesterday from a Nigerian i accidentally bumped into at a macdonalds shop yesterday. Felt it would be very nice to share for those that have landed and may not have already heard. The first event is The Global Petroleum Show which from what i have now read online, is a very big exhibition for Oil and Gas companies in Canada and worldwide and it is advisability that people attend it they can. Its free to register. It started on Tuesday and ends today. I may be attending this event later in the day if i have time because i plan to attend another event targeted at job creation. For those that can attend, the venue is The Stampede Park and it would be a good opportunity to network and meet people and also share business cards.

The second event which is the one i will surely be attending the Global Energy Careers Expo which will be holding at Telus Convention Centre, Downtown Calgary. Today is the final day for this event so its a priority for me. Again, many companies will be in attendance looking to speak to prospective candidates for current and future positions. It costs $30 to attend and i hear people can pay cash and register at the venue.

You can look up both events online.

Make i go shower begin dey go there biko. Who knows! All the best everybody
Hi Nanonye, nice hearing from u sis. God bless u.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
mamaj said:
Hello friends, pls has anyone exchanged the Nigerian temporary driving licence for the Canadian one? How does it work?
Please check response on this link below...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-from-nigeria-lets-network-t202722.0.html;new#new
Cheers

Naija babe2

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/07/2013
AOR Received.
03/10/13
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
02/10/14
Med's Done....
5/10/14
Passport Req..
10/11/14
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/14
akeme said:
Hi My good people,

Please i need your help, a friend that got his visa two month ago is planning to be in canada next month but only intend to stay for a week why his resident card will be posted to him by his friend in canada since that is the address he will be using.

But while booking on klm website the following message appeared:

(KLM, like other airlines, is obliged due to Canadian legislation to provide the Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) with passenger reservation information (PNR)

Now he want to know what specific information airlines sent to Canada Border Service Agency, do they sent only the arrival ticket details or both arrival and return details.

Me too i need to know this becos am going to do the same once my visa arrived by God grace

Thank you for your help

I dont think it matters i have a few friends who did same and have been shuttling btw canada and nigeria till they get jobs there. I also intend to do same. so no fears. forget whatever information they send. no law saying once u land u cannot go out.

Naija babe2

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/07/2013
AOR Received.
03/10/13
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
02/10/14
Med's Done....
5/10/14
Passport Req..
10/11/14
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/14
Hello everyone,

Please i need inform on how to get a telephone sim once you land. Can you get (prepaid/contract) at the airport or you have to get into the city?

Also what do you need to get a contract line (not prepaid) e.g PR card, credit card etc

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naija babe2 said:
Hello everyone,

Please i need inform on how to get a telephone sim once you land. Can you get (prepaid/contract) at the airport or you have to get into the city?

Also what do you need to get a contract line (not prepaid) e.g PR card, credit card etc

It depends on the airport you are landing. I am not too sure of the dealers around the airports. If you can be patient enough, you will get it in the city almost immediately in as much as you can provide your contact address,your passport and one of your PR card(not possible at this time) or your confirmation of permanent resident document. Some of the network providers like ROGERS,Bell, Telus etc will request for your credit card and your SIN. They do not collect cash but make deduction at the end of one month. Network providers like Chatr,Wind(will not recommend it),FIDO,Virgin mobile will collect cash from you immediately. Generally, it is a matter of the network provider that you want and if you have the documentation that they require.

You are likely not going to be able to get a sim card the day you land from providers like Rogers, Bell, Telus because they will request for credit card and SIN. I do not see you getting credit card thesame day that you land even the following day because it takes days before it is mailed to you. So, network providers like chatr,Wind,FIDO,Virgin mobile might be the obvious options you can choose from because they will accept your COPR and the address that you give to them(they might request for a document that shows your address). Opening of bank account should resolve this fast or if you move into your rented apartment early and you have your lease or receipt of payment.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Finally,got my PPR mail today at 4:17pm.
Thank you God.
Thanks to all the forum members.
KSA