Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
CalgaryChic said:
Congrats Porphy!!! Amen and All the best too.
thank you and wishing you the very best as well

PORPHRY

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-14 and 01-06-15
AOR Received.
14-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
ksa0510 said:
Congratulations
Congratulations on your latest update

PORPHRY

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-14 and 01-06-15
AOR Received.
14-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
Ed_b_good said:
Congratulations PORPHRY, you have been an epitome of patience and it has ended in praises to God Almighty, truly glad for you my friend. Congratulations again.
congratulations to you on your recent update

mariedamzy

Sep 4, 2014
Hello people, it's been a while I commented on this forum. Sorry about that. After I got my ppr mail. It took like forever for the pick up to come. Three weeks after they received my passports, they got back to me that my governmental fee could not be traced and visa cannot be issued without the fee. The bank where the draft was issued said that it had been cashed but in order not to delay my application, I paid a second governmental fee with the intention to claim the first payment at a later date. Another three weeks passed, then I got a pick up. Landed in Canada safely on June 13th. People here are really nice and welcoming. You also need to hold enough cash to be able to settle comfortably. In terms of entering buses, don't get to the bus stop late cos the buses are timed and sometimes arrive a min or two earlier than expected. Google map is a really helpful to know ur way around but the first few days, u mite av lil problem to know which exact stop to wait for a bus and sometimes u mite drop at d wrong bus stop and av to wait for the next bus to take u. Can be frustrating but it's a good experience in all. To get a driving Licence if u are an experienced driver, it's better to go for a G Licence. After writing the exam to obtain a G1, get a letter from Nig high commission which u will present to ministry of transport and u will av only one chance to get a G licence. Getting a job isn't too easy, so the best advise is to apply for at least 10 jobs a day. One will definitely call u. First u have to change ur cv to Canadian standard, u must av at least 5 cvs cos ur cv must match each job skills. So u need to keep adjusting ur cv wen applying for jobs so that u can be called for interview at least. Interviews are quite easy here, once u speak fluently and intelligently, u av a high chance of getting the job. Some pple will advise u to start general labour job to at least pay ur bill, but I don't buy it at all cos what u need is Canadian experience and trust me general labour isn't categorized as an experience. I'm going to be exactly a month here on Monday and I'm starting a new job as a call centre agent for Gemma Communications that same Monday thank God. Looking forward to my first day at work

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mariedamzy said:
Hello people, it's been a while I commented on this forum. Sorry about that. After I got my ppr mail. It took like forever for the pick up to come. Three weeks after they received my passports, they got back to me that my governmental fee could not be traced and visa cannot be issued without the fee. The bank where the draft was issued said that it had been cashed but in order not to delay my application, I paid a second governmental fee with the intention to claim the first payment at a later date. Another three weeks passed, then I got a pick up. Landed in Canada safely on June 13th. People here are really nice and welcoming. You also need to hold enough cash to be able to settle comfortably. In terms of entering buses, don't get to the bus stop late cos the buses are timed and sometimes arrive a min or two earlier than expected. Google map is a really helpful to know ur way around but the first few days, u mite av lil problem to know which exact stop to wait for a bus and sometimes u mite drop at d wrong bus stop and av to wait for the next bus to take u. Can be frustrating but it's a good experience in all. To get a driving Licence if u are an experienced driver, it's better to go for a G Licence. After writing the exam to obtain a G1, get a letter from Nig high commission which u will present to ministry of transport and u will av only one chance to get a G licence. Getting a job isn't too easy, so the best advise is to apply for at least 10 jobs a day. One will definitely call u. First u have to change ur cv to Canadian standard, u must av at least 5 cvs cos ur cv must match each job skills. So u need to keep adjusting ur cv wen applying for jobs so that u can be called for interview at least. Interviews are quite easy here, once u speak fluently and intelligently, u av a high chance of getting the job. Some pple will advise u to start general labour job to at least pay ur bill, but I don't buy it at all cos what u need is Canadian experience and trust me general labour isn't categorized as an experience. I'm going to be exactly a month here on Monday and I'm starting a new job as a call centre agent for Gemma Communications that same Monday thank God. Looking forward to my first day at work

Massive! Really happy to be reading all these from you.Your experience is worth noting. You are actually right with the general labour stuff you talked about. With God helping and proper planning on your side, you need to land something good in at least your first few months of landing.

I aimed working in thesame field i was working in Nigeria even before i landed. I had started researching before i got to Canada. The truth is that i started to hit the ground running when i landed. I knew i just cannot afford to do general labour. I submitted my CV from the second day that i landed and got an interview invitation the following day after an initial phone interview thesame day that i sent out my interview. I did not get that job but did up to 5 phone interviews in like 2 weeks. Finally, i got the type of job that i had always wanted which was the type i was doing in NIgeria in less than two months of landing. It took like one phone interview, two one on one interviews with the Regional Manager and the Technical Manager and 3 exams to land the job. All of these took about one month. Today, i am happy to be working and doing exactly what i was doing in Nigeria by the mercies of GOD.

You have to adjust to Canadian style of resume presentation. They will want to know if you have Canadian experience. I simply said no but was very convincing in my conversation that they could not just say no. I was told i did very well in the exams and the interviews. I was bought a brand new blackberry phone with free data and voice plan even with phone pouch to top it up as my official phione. God is merciful.

Let us just keep praying for God's divine direction and protection. He will make a way SUDDENLY. I did not use an agent. But, it does not mean that you cannot use an agent to do your job search. ACCES employment even selected me for an 8 week free program in a University to prepare me for life in Canada and some other certifications but i could not attend at all because i got this job offer.

It is well, greats.

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Thanks, I learnt from the best ;D ;D

PORPHRY said:
congratulations to you on your recent update

Liss

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
GENTLEANDREW said:
Massive! Really happy to be reading all these from you.Your experience is worth noting. You are actually right with the general labour stuff you talked about. With God helping and proper planning on your side, you need to land something good in at least your first few months of landing.

I aimed working in thesame field i was working in Nigeria even before i landed. I had started researching before i got to Canada. The truth is that i started to hit the ground running when i landed. I knew i just cannot afford to do general labour. I submitted my CV from the second day that i landed and got an interview invitation the following day after an initial phone interview thesame day that i sent out my interview. I did not get that job but did up to 5 phone interviews in like 2 weeks. Finally, i got the type of job that i had always wanted which was the type i was doing in NIgeria in less than two months of landing. It took like one phone interview, two one on one interviews with the Regional Manager and the Technical Manager and 3 exams to land the job. All of these took about one month. Today, i am happy to be working and doing exactly what i was doing in Nigeria by the mercies of GOD.

You have to adjust to Canadian style of resume presentation. They will want to know if you have Canadian experience. I simply said no but was very convincing in my conversation that they could not just say no. I was told i did very well in the exams and the interviews. I was bought a brand new blackberry phone with free data and voice plan even with phone pouch to top it up as my official phione. God is merciful.

Let us just keep praying for God's divine direction and protection. He will make a way SUDDENLY. I did not use an agent. But, it does not mean that you cannot use an agent to do your job search. ACCES employment even selected me for an 8 week free program in a University to prepare me for life in Canada and some other certifications but i could not attend at all because i got this job offer.

It is well, greats.
Senior Gentle,

This is great news! Congratulations on your job. I rejoice with you. The Lord will continue to perfect that which concerns us and direct our steps.

My regards to Madam and the twins!

Liss

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
GENTLEANDREW said:

It is well, greats.

Lovely...this are the kind of positive news we want to hear as intending PR...@Gentleandrew you really have made my day and given me much encouragement to know that once you remain positive,confident,prayerful with belief one can actually set off on a good ground after landing.Thank you guys for this inspirational story....i have learnt one thing from this...stay close to positive minded people and not negative message apostles.Please which city did you guys land.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gentleiphy said:
Lovely...this are the kind of positive news we want to hear as intending PR... @ Gentleandrew you really have made my day and given me much encouragement to know that once you remain positive,confident,prayerful with belief one can actually set off on a good ground after landing.Thank you guys for this inspirational story....i have learnt one thing from this...stay close to positive minded people and not negative message apostles.Please which city did you guys land.

Thanks gentleiphy.

Well, i landed in Toronto, Ontario. It was highly deliberate. I did not just want to travel to where people are moving to;i had to guide myself with knowing if the province and city will meet my very status,background in terms of work experience and my kind of education even lifestyle. I observed that there were/are so many companies in the province of Ontario that are into the kind of profession that i was doing in Nigeria. I researched them seriously before landing. By the grace of God, i got my first interview call up the second day i landed. I had several interviews after then and even had to cancel some. God helping, i got this very one that i am doing.

I will just want to advice that we take a deep study of our individuality against where we want to land and ask ourselves sincere questions that will become life changing and life satisfying at the end of the day. It is all ripped in God performing it for us with his divine direction , providence and revelation.

We will all excel as we continue in our respective pursuits in life. God bless us all.

Cheers!

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GENTLEANDREW said:
Thanks so much, sir. I really appreciate you for the encouragement and honesty.

Thanks gentleiphy.

Well, i landed in Toronto, Ontario. It was highly deliberate. I did not just want to travel to where people are moving to;i had to guide myself with knowing if the province and city will meet my very status,background in terms of work experience and my kind of education even lifestyle. I observed that there were/are so many companies in the province of Ontario that are into the kind of profession that i was doing in Nigeria. I researched them seriously before landing. By the grace of God, i got my first interview call up the second day i landed. I had several interviews after then and even had to cancel some. God helping, i got this very one that i am doing.

I will just want to advice that we take a deep study of our individuality against where we want to land and ask ourselves sincere questions that will become life changing and life satisfying at the end of the day. It is all ripped in God performing it for us with his divine direction , providence and revelation.

We will all excel as we continue in our respective pursuits in life. God bless us all.

Cheers!

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
Lean six sigma training is starting 8th August 2015 we need 9 people more after which no more admission till next session.
You can kick start your career in Canada as a certified lean six sigma professional.
August class is filling up quickly, register now at a discounted prices for forum members.
Limited spaces available now.

Lean six sigma professionals are in high demand in IT, Manufacturing, Professional Services sector all over the world including Canada. Some of the forumites who participated are getting Canadian job offers from their LinkedIn network, while in Nigeria. Get yourself noticed quickly

Green Belt class starts on 8th August 2015 (Discounted rates). for forum members only This payment includes the following:

*5 weeks intensive in-class training
*Lean Six sigma Books (Imported from the US)
*EBooks
*Training on two statistical softwares
*Training on one Visual design software
*Simulated factory projects
*Role Play
*One real-time project
*After training Mentoring / Coaching
* Lunch and Tea break

Please note : By popular demand Online training now available for Landed seniors or out of Lagos applicants.
Training Venue
7 Rasaq Balogun St by DSTV Office stadium surulere
For more information and brochure send email to Info@opssupport.org
or contact
Ugorji Victor
Consultant/CLSBB

PORPHRY

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-14 and 01-06-15
AOR Received.
14-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
GENTLEANDREW said:
Landed and not yet landed 2013 applicants, i trust that we are all doing fine?

Cheers
Thanks for checking on us, preparing to land end of September, God willing. Kindly intimate me with what I need to know and know not as I prepare, have got three kids to travel with what do I need to show them at POE,what dresses I may need to come with by that time, etc. I get confused about B4 for or good accompanying, does it mean I list all the items in my baggage(s)
It will be appreciated.

superzee

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
Med's Request
25-06-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2015
LANDED..........
02-04-2016
PORPHRY said:
Thanks for checking on us, preparing to land end of September, God willing. Kindly intimate me with what I need to know and know not as I prepare, have got three kids to travel with what do I need to show them at POE,what dresses I may need to come with by that time, etc. I get confused about B4 for or good accompanying, does it mean I list all the items in my baggage(s)
It will be appreciated.
Hi PORPHRY,

Sent you a PM and expecting your reply.

Thanks.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi guys, how's our 2013 family doing? Seems things have gone a bit quiet here, is everyone busy packing for the trip to Canada? ;)

Just checking in and wishing you all the best, hoping to read of your current status and arrangements as well as your landing stories.

All the best :)