Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NwaMarie said:
My good people, longest time. It's been quite a while. Settling into a new environment can be very challenging but just know that it can only get better. We shall live our Canadian dreams by God's grace. I say make I update una. I had a baby girl 3 months ago to the glory of God. God is gooooooooooooood.
Congrats! Doh...!

PORPHRY

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-14 and 01-06-15
AOR Received.
14-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
NwaMarie said:
My good people, longest time. It's been quite a while. Settling into a new environment can be very challenging but just know that it can only get better. We shall live our Canadian dreams by God's grace. I say make I update una. I had a baby girl 3 months ago to the glory of God. God is gooooooooooooood.
congratulations

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NwaMarie said:

Congratulations to you ooo.

Canada-here we come

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER--28-10-2014
AOR Received.
not yet
IELTS Request
with Application
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015
Interview........
recieved stamped passports on 29-7-15
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 July 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Congratulations NwaMarie on the birth of your beauty!

kisses n hugs to her

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations NwaMarie on your new Canadian bundle of joy, wishing your family all the best as you settle in.

NwaMarie said:

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
NwaMarie said:

Wow! Congratulations on your joyful delivery of thr princess. Happy settlement.

NWAGOD

Jan 27, 2015
Hello people, sorry it has taking me a while to update on my landing experience. I landed in Calgary on the 17th of April. It was a smooth one. No POF was asked. Just exchanged pleasantries and talks about the weather condition in Calgary with the immigration officer as he completes my COPR and asked me to sign. After signing he congratulated me and told me that am now a permanent resident of canada, that I have every right just like a citizen, including the right to vote...that was his words. He asked me to keep my copy of COPR very safe, that in 3 years time, I will need it if I want to apply for citizenship. He told me to expect my PR card in two months or less...I have not gotten that till today anyway.The custom officer asked how much i have with me, and when i told him, he said 'i don't want to see it anyway''...lol, asked if i have food stuff and or meat, I told him yes, but no meat. He did'nt search. Guess he was tired.

My friend who has been in Calgary since November last year picked me at the airport and took me to my house which he helped to secure. I have since gotten my SIN, and registered with Alberta health. Just last week I passed the driving knowledge test and got my Class 7 licence which is just like leaners permit. Gave them my Nigerian driving licence for verification and if accepted, I will upgrade to class 5. I have also opened a bank account.

One challenge was getting a phone. My phone did not work in any network here because i bought it from the UK. They said UK phones are not compatible with there networks...I had to buy a new phone...unplanned expenses. Secondly my laptop charger has three pins, Its not also compatible with the sockets here, i have to borrow charger from a flatmate but i have ordered for a socket converter shaa...same goes to my clipper...I had to buy new one because apart from socket compatibility, I understand there is voltage difference...110v vs 220v or sth...smh... another unplanned expense.
But favour is my surename, met some Nigerians here immediately I came in and they made some calls and I got a job after two weeks. I think man-know-man works here somehow. Not a professional job though but it will pay the bill while I settle and wait for the oil price to pick up...lol.

To the issue of when to apply to citizenship, am hearing rumour that its now 5 years and not 3. I don't know but what I have in the letter that accompanied my visa is 3 years and thats what I was told by the immigration officer.

One more thing, I will advise people to make their travel either end of the month or beginning of the month because every bill here is paid that time, including bus tickets. Expect you guys in Canada soon. All the best.

So far so very good. To God be the glory!!!

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well done

NWAGOD said:
Hello people, sorry it has taking me a while to update on my landing experience. I landed in Calgary on the 17th of April. It was a smooth one. No POF was asked. Just exchanged pleasantries and talks about the weather condition in Calgary with the immigration officer as he completes my COPR and asked me to sign. After signing he congratulated me and told me that am now a permanent resident of canada, that I have every right just like a citizen, including the right to vote...that was his words. He asked me to keep my copy of COPR very safe, that in 3 years time, I will need it if I want to apply for citizenship. He told me to expect my PR card in two months or less...I have not gotten that till today anyway.The custom officer asked how much i have with me, and when i told him, he said 'i don't want to see it anyway''...lol, asked if i have food stuff and or meat, I told him yes, but no meat. He did'nt search. Guess he was tired.

My friend who has been in Calgary since November last year picked me at the airport and took me to my house which he helped to secure. I have since gotten my SIN, and registered with Alberta health. Just last week I passed the driving knowledge test and got my Class 7 licence which is just like leaners permit. Gave them my Nigerian driving licence for verification and if accepted, I will upgrade to class 5. I have also opened a bank account.

One challenge was getting a phone. My phone did not work in any network here because i bought it from the UK. They said UK phones are not compatible with there networks...I had to buy a new phone...unplanned expenses. Secondly my laptop charger has three pins, Its not also compatible with the sockets here, i have to borrow charger from a flatmate but i have ordered for a socket converter shaa...same goes to my clipper...I had to buy new one because apart from socket compatibility, I understand there is voltage difference...110v vs 220v or sth...smh... another unplanned expense.
But favour is my surename, met some Nigerians here immediately I came in and they made some calls and I got a job after two weeks. I think man-know-man works here somehow. Not a professional job though but it will pay the bill while I settle and wait for the oil price to pick up...lol.

To the issue of when to apply to citizenship, am hearing rumour that its now 5 years and not 3. I don't know but what I have in the letter that accompanied my visa is 3 years and thats what I was told by the immigration officer.

One more thing, I will advise people to make their travel either end of the month or beginning of the month because every bill here is paid that time, including bus tickets. Expect you guys in Canada soon. All the best.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
NWAGOD said:

Congrats...Welcome
Wishing you smooth settlement.
Cheers.

Canada-here we come

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER--28-10-2014
AOR Received.
not yet
IELTS Request
with Application
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 July 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Its another day... thank u Jesus

daramz......pls i sent you a pm

thanks

daramz

Apr 6, 2014
naija
Category........
Visa Office......
avo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NOV 2013
IELTS Request
SENT WITH DOC
Med's Request
6th oct 2014
Med's Done....
22nd october 2014
Interview........
waived IJN
Passport Req..
09-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2015
Canada said:
Its another day... thank u Jesus

daramz......pls i sent you a pm

thanks
I have replied>

PORPHRY

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-14 and 01-06-15
AOR Received.
14-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15

favbless

Oct 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
October 2016
AOR Received.
4-5-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon in JN
Med's Request
soon in JN
Med's Done....
soon in JN
Interview........
Waived in JN
Passport Req..
soon in JN
VISA ISSUED...
2018 hallelujah
LANDED..........
2018 Amen
GENTLEANDREW said:
Good day greats.

To the glory of God, we landed Toronto, Canada on the 11th of May, 2015. We boarded Turkish Airline and it was a great one using them as they kept to time and their level of hospitality was second to none. 10 hours in flight from Istanbul to Toronto.

At the Canada boarder services, we just submitted the COPR and our passport plus the custom's card and we presented our address to receive the PR card.That was it. We were not asked any question but were welcomed to Canada. We were then ushered to the front desk lady who presented us with all the necessary information and leaflets to handle SIN registration and every other things.

At the custom point, our luggages were not checked at all. Everything went so cool. I will be residing in Toronto, Canada with my family. Still enjoying my new found home. It is presently cold and they are equally having a bit of rain showers. I am really greatful to God.

I wish you all well. Cheers.
Congrats

Canada-here we come

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER--28-10-2014
AOR Received.
not yet
IELTS Request
with Application
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 July 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Happy New week!

The Lord will answer every expectant heart in this new month of JUNE in Jesus Name.

Daramz....... How go de go?

I beg another PM need your reply

thanks

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi People.

I am sure that we are good. We did not really hear from the last set of people who did not get their MR's on time. Hope they finally landed it? Some of us are already in Canada i guess but never returned to intimate us with anything. I think that our respective experiences will help. This forum helped a great deal and it is still helping. Let us still relate our experiences especially from those that are yet to get their visas.

Cheers.